Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos (1196 Views)

Dangote Truck Causes Accident On Kara Bridge, Lagos (Photos) / BRT Collides With Commercial Bus On Kara Bridge, Ogun State (photos) / Arik Air: Stranded Passengers Sleep On Floor Overnight At Lagos Airport [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by hushshinani(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Traffic in bound Lagos slowed down and Road Safety officials tried to make light the gridlock.

Before the unusual incident, the water body once served as means of transportation for canoe owners but residents say they woke up to see the channel blocked on Saturday morning.

The Lagos-Ibadan expressway has become a Mecca of some sort. There were initial suspicion that this could be water hyacinth but the surface of what used to be the flowing river hard become a firm ground.

Some people were seen testing the solidity of the green that has taken over the waterway by walking across the river and some found it a readymade recreation ground.

Surprisingly, on the other side of the Kara Bridge, the river is seen flowing freely.

Environmentalists have, however, warned that residents keep off the blocked channel for the risks of it opening up unexpectedly and advised relevant authorities find a means of clearing the plants.

source.... www.channelstv.com/2016/06/18/ogun-river-turns-to-dryland-at-kara-market-lagos/

1 Share

Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by senatorizyking(m): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wonderful !
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by DonCortino: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
All the water run go perch for lekki and ajah.
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by emerged01(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is serious
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by ikbnice(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Amazing!
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by switsoda(m): 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is what actually happened

Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by Marvinspeed(m): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Waiting for the sothsayers to give us their perspective on this
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by hushshinani(m): 8:15am On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by hushshinani(m): 8:16am On Jun 19, 2016
switsoda:
This is what actually happened
see the third pix to clear ur doubt
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by hushshinani(m): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2016
God' wonder!!!
Re: Ogun River Suddenly Turns To “ Dry-land” Overnight At Kara Market, Lagos by olatunjithomas(m): 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
hushshinani:
God' wonder!!!

Good evening boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing I need from you,

Nd I will be so glad if I can get it from you boss

with due respect boss, I had like you to support falconey for
Mr nairaland 2016. you've done it before, you're a champion,
you can do it again.
the profile is www.nairaland.com/falconey

thanks bro, respect.

if you like to join the WhatsApp group ,you can PM me, I'll sort that out.

thanks once again my boss

TEAMFALCONEY.

VOTING WILL COMMENCE ON MONDAY 18th JULY 2016.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travel And Hustle In Malaysia / See Awka Tonight!!! / Fatal Accident At Jos Polo Roundabout Between Bank Bullion Van & A Truck (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.