Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

How Long? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Long? (1154 Views)

For How Long Your Eyes Will Resist To See This Drawing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long? by grafixdon: 9:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
How am I gonna survive this for crying out loud, this is getting frustrating and annoying, for how long am I gonna do free jobs.

This guy asked me to design product Pack, I charged him 50k, he bargained and we settled for 40k, I bought 8k fuel, data 2,500, he was happy when I sent him the designs. Its over 2 months now, this guy have refused to send even 20kobo to my account. Honestly, I don't usually ask for deposit from my clients just to build trust, I let them satisfy with the job before I ask for money but I always let them know the amount when they are satisfied.

These are the challenges we graphic artists usually face. Although there're good clients with integrity but few bad eggs are giving others bad names. I can't seems to figure out the solution. Can anyone help?

Lalasticalala, seun, Pls help.
Re: How Long? by cgniyi(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Have you sent him the final artwork of the pack or you only sent him this mock-up image.

If you haven't sent the final artwork meant for print, he'll still need to come back for that if at all he's serious about the whole thing in the first place.

Did he even supply you with a physical sample and info on the product? These are things you need to know before you work for people like this, just to check their seriousness
Re: How Long? by lodscott(m): 5:35am On Jun 19, 2016
grafixdon:
How am I gonna survive this for crying out loud, this is getting frustrating and annoying, for how long am I gonna do free jobs.

This guy asked me to design product Pack, I charged him 50k, he bargained and we settled for 40k, I bought 8k fuel, data 2,500, he was happy when I sent him the designs. Its over 2 months now, this guy have refused to send even 20kobo to my account. Honestly, I don't usually ask for deposit from my clients just to build trust, I let them satisfy with the job before I ask for money but I always let them know the amount when they are satisfied.

These are the challenges we graphic artists usually face. Although there're good clients with integrity but few bad eggs are giving others bad names. I can't seems to figure out the solution. Can anyone help?

Lalasticalala, seun, Pls help.

it seems you're new to graphic design business, you don't send your work till you have been paid.I feel like I should say that again.

not even mock ups, cuz some times they just need the mockup. eg for a product that's intangible. when sending mockups, the design must be water marked with your logo. sheikenna
Re: How Long? by grafixdon: 6:58am On Jun 19, 2016
lodscott:

it seems you're new to graphic design business, you don't send your work till you have been paid.I feel like I should say that again.

not even mock ups, cuz some times they just need the mockup. eg for a product that's intangible. when sending mockups, the design must be water marked with your logo. sheikenna

Don't tell me what I already know. I always water marked my designs. The issue here isn't about watermark, what about the time spent on the job, fuel, data etc.

What I'm trying to say is that even if you don't want the job anymore for whatever reasons, you should be able to compesate me, pay for my data, fuel etc. In that way, I won't loose and business will continue.

I spent close to 12k on this particular designs, is frustrating when you don't get anything back.
Re: How Long? by lodscott(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2016
grafixdon:

Don't tell me what I already know. I always water marked my designs. The issue here isn't about watermark, what about the time spent on the job, fuel, data etc.

What I'm trying to say is that even if you don't want the job anymore for whatever reasons, you should be able to compesate me, pay for my data, fuel etc. In that way, I won't loose and business will continue.

I spent close to 12k on this particular designs, is frustrating when you don't get anything back.

ok I get what you're saying now. but that's the cost of doing business. in all business spheres I know the seller always pays the cost of business.so its a general thing

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Choose A Logo / SEE What Nairalander Was Caught Doing On Paper! / Which Photo Editor Has This Filter? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.