Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,690 members, 7,851,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is 'theory Of Want' Still Tenable This Days? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is 'theory Of Want' Still Tenable This Days? (407 Views)

FSB Scholarship Tenable In Nigeria!! APPLY NOW / FG Scholarship Tenable In Nigerian Universities / 2016/2017 Federal Goverment Schorlaship Tenable In Nigeria Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is 'theory Of Want' Still Tenable This Days? by absoluteSuccess: 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nostalgic feelings back again, back in those days when men were boys and ladies girls.

Have to cram so many theories and principles as if our lives depend on it.

Newton is saying his own, Pythagoras is there, Avogadro, Archimedes, Gay Luzac, Robert hook , Adam Smith nko.

I still have the feeling that the theory of want is flawed by progress in science and technology.

Say, "human wants are insatiable", ok, good. But "resources to satisfy them are limited in supply".

Men, I don't believe that. Some resources are available before you know they exist now.

Save me that's 19th century theory that's not applicable to this time and age.

Every invention that makes life easier beyond the wildest dream of the men behind those postulations is here.

I'm blessed to be a man of this age in history. And like a Chinese proverb says, "may we live in an interesting time."

Come, let's rock this generation. It belongs to us as a gift of life. We can, you can, I can.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Post Utme Confusion; How True Is This? / Uniform Of Religion By Femi Macaulay Femi / Get Your Free Project Topics And Materials In Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.