Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

6 Benefits Of Sugar You Probably Don't Know - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 6 Benefits Of Sugar You Probably Don't Know (628 Views)

6 Benefits Of Building Playlists & Sharing Them With Your Fans / 6 Benefits Of Sugar You Probably Don't Know / What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Benefits Of Sugar You Probably Don't Know by Hubtain(m): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2016
I've seen too many posts written about the health problems caused by sugar; so, writing another post on the disadvantages of sugar would be a complete waste of time because people already know many bad sides of sugar... In fact, the Internet is flooded with articles on why you should avoid sugar.

I heard sugar doesn't have nutritional value; well, I'm not sure how true this claim is, but what I do know is - our bodies can't function properly without sugar.

Sugar is not poisonous as painted by most authors, it only becomes harmful to our health when consumed in excess consistently, trust me.
Before we talk about the benefits of sugar, lemme make a demand on you - promise me that you'll not misuse this information...

So, what are the benefits of sugar (you probably don't know)?

Of course, you'll give me a hot knock on my head if I mention here that one of the benefits of sugar is - "it's sweet." Any good sugar sales person knows that the last thing a customer wants to see on his ad copy is - " my sugar is sweet." The truth is, people don't buy a particular brand of sugar because it's the sweetest.

Source: http://www.sproutby.com/2016/06/6-benefits-or-advantages-of-sugar-worth-knowing.html?m=1

Having said that, here are the benefits of sugar you probably don't know:

1. Sugar Cures Hangover:

Most alcoholic drinks do two main things - dehydration and lower blood sugar. Alcohol contains toxic chemicals; whenever it's taken, it puts unnecessary strains on the Liver by virtue of increased workload (of filtering and preventing toxic substances from entering the bloodstream). The depletion of fluid and stored energy in the body results to hangover.

Therefore, a simple cure for hangover is to replace the drained fluids and energy, and the best way to do that is to gulp in some sugar solution.

2. Sugar Boosts Energy:

Wondered why sports people take glucose when they're weak? Noticed the energy surge when you take a bottle of coke after a long trek?
Sugar, when taken is digested and converted to glucose (commonly called blood sugar) in the bloodstream. Sugar is believed to be the main source of energy to the body... It provides a burst of energy for a short period of time.

3. Sugar Boosts Brain Power:

Although the brain accounts for about 2% of human body weight, it uses between 20% and 30% of the body's energy. If truly the brain uses this amount of energy to function properly, it makes logical sense that whenever there's glucose depletion, the brain power would be affected. Studies indicate that sugar can improve mental strength ...

4. Sugar Boosts Weight:

If you're not okay with your body size and wish to add some flesh, I guess you should try sugar therapy. Sugar contains lots of calories that can contribute to weight gain.

5. Sugar Helps You Fall Asleep Faster
There's a hormone called orexin, it's core duty is to regulate arousals, wakefulness and appetite. A high orexin implies wakefulness and a low orexin results to sleepiness. Sugar slows down or sometimes stops the activities of orexin, thus, making you fall asleep faster.

6. Sugar Helps To Stabilize A Diabetic Person
Once in awhile diabetic patients experience hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and a quick remedy for this kind of condition is to top up the sugar in the bloodstream, and a table sugar is mostly recommended...

Is there any benefit of sugar that is not mentioned here, kindly add it ...

Source: http://www.sproutby.com/2016/06/6-benefits-or-advantages-of-sugar-worth-knowing.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

FG Arrests Fake Radiographers, Seals 5 X-ray Units In Imo State. / Types Of Guys That Exist Today / The Most Bloodiest Lying Governor 2016: Governor Nyenso Ezebunwo Wike (NEW)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.