Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

"Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 (849 Views)

The Angel In My Dream. / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Shadows....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 11:32am On Jun 19, 2016
I'm an Engineer by profession, not a writer, so please pardon all the unprofessional errors that may pop up during the course of reading. I came up with this story during my 100level days in school..

Jackson Obuareghe: A man of many faces. He is a successful young Business man whose main goal in life is to be the richest black man at age 35. This goal leads him to sabotaging, and eventually acquiring rivalry companies, as the art of espionage was a tool he manipulated at will.

Funmi Fajemirokun: A heiress to the Mirok Empire. She commands respects from all regional managers in her fathers company she single handedly came up with ideas that stirred the company into even greater heights during economic crunch in the country. She is the definition of a career woman/feminist and she does not intend to be under any man.

Join me as we explore a world of deceit, Fantasy and maybe love... "An Angel in the Shadows".
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chapter 1

It was all smiles in the boardroom as the long awaited deal between Mirok Group and Silicon Hill had just been concluded.. "I'm glad we've finally come to an understanding", Funmi said to the representative from Silicon Hill as she shook hands with him firmly. Silicon Hill, which was an uncommon name for a freight forwarding company, is the company that finally landed a shot at the contract, which involved transporting goods for Mirok Group overseas.
Funmi is a tall slender black beauty. She is the definition of gorgeous as can be attested by the twisting of heads that always occurred whenever she passes by. She was a high flying student back in Business school and she had a reputation for always turning down guys who didn't score 10/10 on her "10 things a guy must have" list. She is the only child of Chief Fademirokun, the chairman and founder of Mirok group. Her father has always been the only man she had grown to respect. He commanded more of fear than respect in his workers nationwide as he has a "zero tolerance" for indiscipline in his companies. Funmi Had come to be both feared as well as respected by the employees of the company, as she upheld the "zero tolerance" policy and still maintained an unprecedented track record of successes in just two years as acting CEO of the company.
Two weeks after the first shipment of goods had left the shores of Nigeria, Funmi decided to take a well needed Vacation. It would be her birthday in another two weeks. As a tradition, she would write out 5 of her favourite destinations, and do a raffle draw for her self. "Let's see where destiny wants to take me this year" she said. With her eyes closed, she picked up one of d papers and opens her eyes.. South Africa eh? As she smiled to herself.. Funmi was used to leaving life without friends, as she claims her only true friend is the voice in her head. She picked up her phone and as usuall, audaciously talks to her travel agent to make arrangements for her trip...

Mr Alex! Mr Alex!! "We just got a distress message from the crew carrying Goods belonging to Mirok Group, it has been intercepted by the Chinese Navy".. What?? Jacob! When did they send the message? A week ago sir!!.... And why are we receiving the message a week later? Are you not the new communications expert we employed just a month ago? Sir, the problem was with our receiver, the weather here didn't favour an immediate reception which eventually left the message encrypted for security reasons, we just recieved it now sir.. Mr Alex, the General Manager of Silicon Hill, was in a state of shock, as He knew what it meant for their vessel to be in the Chinese Navy custody for over 3 days without release. There must be something illegal in the container. Get me online immediately with our clearance officer at the wharf! Go!!... Mr Jacob quickly ran to his station, but with a smile on his face.....
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chapter 2
CO! I need all the clearance documents and relevant documents for the last shipment! Mr Alex demanded from the clearance officer. I'll email them to you write away sir. A few minutes later Mr Alex got the email.. I don't believe this!!! Who gave authorisation for the boarding of these on our vessel?? It felt as though a cold shiver ran down his spine.. Different thoughts began to run through his head as to how this could have happened under his watch. It clearly stated "Authorised by: Alex Balogun, General Manager, Silicon Hill Limited"... His heart started to beat faster and faster.. He phoned his secretary, telling her to council all his meetings for the day. How could something like this have happened under my watch? He kept asking himself.. Before the next thought came to him, his cellphone rang.. It was the CEO of the company calling.. "goo good afternoon sir", Alex said with a shaky voice.. Mr Alex, come to the head office now! The call ended abruptly...
Do you mind explaining to the board how you got this company into this mess? Do you realise that if we were to sweep this under the rug, it would cost the company over 20billion naira? The CEO asked, while the rest of the board members looked at the General manger in complete dismay. Sir, "I have obviously been framed, at no point did I authorise the boarding of goods other than the frozen foods sent by Mirok Group". So explain how a container loaded with Contraband got cleared with you authorising it, said the CEO. Mr Alex was dumb founded. Then it occurred to him. Could it be? No! No! No! He exclaimed. It had to be that new comms expert we employed. He must have hacked into my system somehow and authorised it. That is the only logical explanation. Enough Mr Alex, you are fired!
Hello Jane, you are looking as gorgeous as ever. Oh please Jake! You've started with your sweet words. "But you love my sweet words" Jacob Said as He whispered in the ears of the HR Manager of Silicon Hill. Oh Jake, since the day we met at the restaurant, you've always known how to get into my head, and yet you don't allow me.. I'm resigning! Jacob interrupted with a smile. What? Why? Come on Jake, stop it if it's a joke. "You know, I would give you what you desire of me if you fast track my resignation", Jacob whispered. Suddenly Jane started smilling and the rest was history. Jacob is a tall, Chocolatey well built young man. He had always had his way with women as he doesn't even see the challenge in wooing any woman. He is the best Hacker and corporate spy as seen in the eyes of Jackson Obuareghe, the Chairman and CEO of Fox5 Corp. Fox5 Corp has been looking to acquire Silicon Hill for some time. Silicon Hill has been a major competitor in the Freight Forwarding sector. Fox5 Corp does not like the idea of having any major competitors in any of it's segments, so delegates where sent to Silicon Hill to create a partnership whereby, Fox5 Corp would own 60percent of the Shares, while 40percent would be owned by Silicon Hill.. Of course the Delegates from Silicon Hill declined, and this gave rise to Jackson doing what He's known how to do best, create turmoil in a company without any traces to Him, then becoming their saviour.
Welldone Jacob! You know, I think the name suits you.. Jacob gave his trademark grin to the man people have come to know as Jackson Obuareghe, a 58 year old man who has been in charge of all board meetings in Fox5 Corp. What can I say, It's what I do best. Give them a week tops, they will come begging for the offer we gave before, this time around, we will make it 80percent to 20percent..
I think you need a vacation. A month in that company must have weighed in on you.. There is this resort in South Africa and I think It's just the perfect place for you. Go there, have fun, clear your head, cos in less than a month, this Company will be the Biggest company in the country. Jacob looked at him, smiled and said "what can I say, indeed I am Jacob"... U sure are the older man said...
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Criticise constructively
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chapter 3
"Welcome to Paradys in Suid", the receptionist at the hotel said with a huge smile on her face.. The Bellhop will take your luggage to your suite and if there's anything we can do for you, please by all means, do let us know, we are completely at your service.. Funmi gave a smile as she simply said thanks and followed the Bellhop straight to her suite.. Her sway was elegant in all definition.. Honey!!! I'm right here!!! A woman exclaimed.. her husband and other men around could not help but stare at Funmi when she Walked passed them... Her aura was simply incredible.. "Here you are Madam", She had gotten to her suite.. Thank you, she said to the bellhop, as she shut the door.. The view from her balcony gave her a sense of Euphoria as she staired down on the beach and the beautiful blue ocean.. from her balcony, she could see a separate part of the island, but it was too far to make out what exactly the structures where. She went back in and jumped on her bed, she intented to soak in the Euphoria of just being by herself without work to think about, after all, her shipment was already being distributed in China, at least so she thought.
Welcome Mr Jacob, we've been waiting for you. A limo driver had been sent to pick him up from the airport alongside 3 beauties.. Courtesy of our Resort, the Limo driver said as the girls giggled when Jacob approached the Vehicle.. "Hello Ladies", Jacob said with a side smile. I'm a bit jet lagged so I think I'm just gonna sleep my way till we get there, he quickly added....
"Hello sir, we're here", the Limo driver said.. it had been a 45 minutes drive to the resort. Jacob woke up and saw the elegance of the entrance, as there seemed to be a carnival at the time he got there.. "This should be a good place to forget about work", He thought to Himself. "We will like to show you around".. He had totally forgotten there were girls in the Limo with him.. "U girls are just Darlings, maybe we may hook up when I'm fully settled, but I'd like to find my way myself, It's all part of the adventure" He said, as he winked to them and dashed out of the Limo.. How do I get to... "Right this way sir, a bellhop was already waiting to take him to his pad in the resort..
Jacob got into his pad and to his surprise, it was a very small cubicle not far from the beach, not what he had in mind and certainly not what he booked for. "There must be some kind of mistake, I made reservations for a suite in a hotel called Paradys en suid". Yes sir, this is Paradys en suid, it is a little private resort owned by Paradys in Suid. The bellhop said.. Jacob, obviously confused said, what's the difference? The bellhop smiled and said "Paradys IN suid" and Paradys EN suid" laying emphasis on the difference. Will that be all? The bellhop asked... Jacob still a little astonished just laughed it off and said, yes "that's all for now"... This should be interesting, He thought to Himself, as a funny thought came to his mind.. "I am gonna leave the life of a normal guy on this island"... he sighed.. "Nothing fancy, nothing fancy".
It was around 5:25pm, and he decided to take a walk. He was wearing a grey T-shirt, brown shorts n slippers. He walked toward the beach, breathed in the fresh air, closed his eyes and screamed "whooooooooooohoooooo!!! Yes!! Yes!!! I'm almost there"... He was completely oblivious of all the people on the other side of the beach. For the first time in a really long time, he felt as though He's alive.. He could be him self here, He could be Jacob. Hearing faint laughs coming from behind him made him realise there were couples on the other side as well.. One of the men shouted "yeaaa ah bra" we can all be free here" just to show solidarity to a bro.. Jacob smiled, waved and turned around. At that moment, it felt as though time had literally paused. He felt a gust of wind, cool liked the evening breeze, embracing the distant sun in the horizon, swift like the flight of a race horse, yet soft and comforting like the feel of velvet.. He could use a million words to describe that moment, the moment he saw her, the moment he saw Funmi.
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Chapter 4
It was a bright Wednesday morning. "I'm gonna ask her to be my girl today", 24 year old Jackson Obuareghe thought to Himself. He was in his final year in the University. Stella had been the girl of his dreams. He had always been the one she confided in whenever she had any issues. She saw him as "just a good friend", but to him, she was his world. "Bighead, how are you", she said when she saw him. He smiled, and said "Na u dey swell my head naa".. Then He summoned the courage and said, "Stella, there's something I need to tell you.....I have been in love with you from the very first day we met.... It took me this long before I could summon the courage to tell you".. Stella was shocked. She didn't expect to hear that from him. She laughed and playfully said "you'r joking right". But No, she could see the seriousness in his eyes.. "Look Jackson", she said, "I like you as a friend, but I mean come on, you can't even take care of yourself, let alone want to have me for a girlfriend, what I need is a man who can take care of me, not a boy who buys me Fanta and meetpie".....
Jackson had never been so crushed in his life. He always had a nonchalant attitude about what people think of him, but those words from Stella redefined a new point of "low" in his life. "So Stella could say mean things just because I don't have money yet", he thought to himself.. "she needs a man she says", even though I'm older than her?...
Two months after that incidence, Jackson made up his mind that He would be the Richest black man alive by age 35, even though at the time, he had only N530 in his pocket. He graduated with good grades, but decided not to tie himself down with what his school certificate could offer him. He was passing by a stream in his hometown on a Saturday evening when he noticed some young boys packing sharp sand from the stream and loading it on a "tipper truck". "Bro welldone oo, Abeg how much one trip of sand dey cost", he asked, "Na 30k oo", one of the boys answered. Then it hit him, there is an old Tipper truck his retired father has in the house, if he could refurbish it, he could do the same business. He burrowed N25,000 from his 52 year old Uncle, who also doubles as his best friend. He fixed the truck and started the sand business..
Construction works were going on, so He made an average of N150,000 on a daily basis. He expanded on that, and a year later, he decided to reinvest all his money in the transportation sector.. He was used to leaving a simple life, so the decision to reinvest all his money was easy for him.. He created a roadmap of all the sectors he would venture into, set a yearly target for all of them, and one by one, he began to dominate in them.. He was as sly as a fox, and in 5 years from when he started packing sand, he was already a worth billions Naira.. That gave him the inspiration to coin the name of his company as Fox5 Corp. Ever since then, he has never looked back.
To Jackson, ladies were just mere property to be used, reuse and eventually dumped, cos all they wanted was "money". Stella, the only girl he had ever truly loved, broke his heart, and he never completely healed from that experience. She was married with three kids already, but he could still remember the details of her face. Five years from that day, and he was already a billionaire. But he still didn't get the girl he ever truly loved.

Funmi was staring deep into the horizon, she let the sea breeze caress her body, as well as blowing on her hair. It was as peaceful as it gets. All she wanted at that moment was just to keep basking in it.. "Hello beautiful", pardon me, but you do look a lot like someone I knew and I couldn't help but run down here.. Jacob said. Funmi turned to him, chuckled, then said "Is there a thing with you guys and bloody cliches"? Lemme guess, next thing you're gonna ask is my name, where I'm from bla bla bla right? Well lemme make it really easy for you, I'm that girl most guys like you are intimidated by, and she turned away from him and kept staring into the horizon. "So much arrogance, This might be fun" Jacob thought to himself. It had been a while he met a challenge in a woman, so he was going to enjoy it to the fullest. "Pardon me, I didn't mean to sound like those horrible men you must have met in your life, but you really did strike me like someone I know, but you clearly aren't, so thank you for your time.. He turned, smiled and walked away. She waited a little while before she turned to see how far away he had gone, she shook her head and left for her suite, the night carnival would be starting soon.

Sounds of drums and trumpets were profound in the air.. There were beautiful people everywhere. Funmi looked deep into her reflection in the mirror while she wore a very light make up. She suddenly had a flashback of her memories with Anthony.. He was the sweetest guy she ever knew. She was 18 and he was 28. She was in love with her lecturer as a fresher in business school. Until she found out he was using her the same way he was using every other 18 year old in the school. "Serves the bastard right" she thought to herself, the last time she heard of him, he was doing time in jail for the same offence.
She wore a flowery dress, with her long hair let loose. She was simply elegant. Wherever she passed, heads always turned and she knew it. This made her feel good. She walked straight to the bar, sat on a chair and before she could place an order a voice from behind her said "She was the love of my life, but she died.." she turned around and was surprised to see the same guy from earlier. "I'm sorry to hear that she said"... Jacob smiled and said, U know? I think the content of a man isn't judged by how much he has, but who he is on the inside.. earlier today, you said men were intimidated by you. I'm guessing you're some kind of rich lady, cos most men are intimidated by rich ladies. I am not as rich as I would like to be, but I'm not intimidated by anyone, you know why? Cos I really don't care much about material things.. Funmi looked at him, smiled and said, the world has a way it works.. The rich can't be with the poor, it's just the way it is. She looked away and demanded a glass of pina colada from the bartender.. "Make that two please".. She will pay, Jacob had a big grin as he stared right at her, like he's waiting for her to say "No". We have not been properly introduced, "I'm Jacob", he said with his hand stretched for a handshake, she shook his hands firmly and said, "What am I supposed to do with that information"? He took a step close to her and said, "what you choose to do with it is entirely up to you". "He's bold".. maybe I can have some fun with him, she thought to herself. "Alright Mr Jacob, what do you do"? Now we're headed somewhere, he said with a big smile, "I'm a delivery guy". Delivery guy? She asked with a little disbelief, "yes"! He answered immediately. She was about to retract her hand from his when he asked, are you intimidated by me? She didn't know when she laughed after he asked the question. You see, you should laugh a lot more. Don't get me wrong, you're the definition of beautiful, but believe me when I say, even aphrodite herself will be jealous of you if you always put on a smile. Then he let go of her hand. "Here you go", the bartender said, 2 pina colada ready. Funmi had not had a laugh with any man in a really long time. She liked the fact that Jacob was bold enough to strike a conversation with her. Ninety nine percent of men she has met couldn't last 5 minutes of conversation with her, she mostly got bored. "How does a delivery boy afford such a place for a holiday"? You're here on holiday right?.... he squinted and made a funny face, then he said... Ok here's the deal, before I tell you, you have to promise you can keep a secret. "Sure why not".. Funmi was unusually easing up her defences.. maybe it was his boldness or maybe it was just his good looks, either way, it was working. He looked away from her, and started demonstrating with his hands.."I'm like James Bond", I work with a corporation where I basically do the "delivery", sometimes I could be delivering Pizza, sometimes, classified information, and sometimes I deliver news papers.. he said with a big grin on his face.. and yeah, I had been saving for the past seven years, just so I'd be able to come here. Really? Why's that she asked? Well, I've never been here before and I've been looking forward to coming here. And so far, I must say, it's been worth it. Why's that? she asked again.. Then he looked at her with a smile and said, I'm having a conversation with an Angel who seems to have been so caught up with human activities that she's forgotten she can fly. Incase, you haven't noticed, I don't even know your name yet, but I do know you deserve a lot more than you get.. Those were the sweetest words anyone had ever told her. And at that point it hit her she really hadn't given her name. "Funmi", my name's Funmi, she said with what seemed to be half a smile.
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Ikdbabie(f): 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
nice storyline. following keenly
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thanks.. will post the next chapter tomorrow

1 Like

Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 5:30am On Jun 22, 2016
Chapter 5
A countdown for fireworks had already begun.. The explosive sounds of fireworks engulfed the air. Funmi was a little startled and impulsively reacted by grabbing onto Jacob. "She's just like every other lady afterall", Jacob thought to himself. "Sorry about that" Funmi said as she retracted from Jacob, I was really startled.. "It's ok" Jacob said.. Maybe you could pay me to be your body guard. "Remember I said I'm like James Bond" He whispered.. We'll, maybe the Nigerian version, but you get the point..
For the first time in a really long time, a guy made Funmi smile. It wasn't a smile as a result of concluding a business deal, or landing a huge contract, No, it was a smile that she had totally forgotten how to give, a smile that says I'm comfortable with you...
"My turn", Jacob said. What do you do for a leaving? He slurped on his drink and stared at her her keenly. "Oh! We've gotten to that time where I tell him what I do and he begins to get all insecure already, let's get it over with", said a voice in her head. I run a company...... she paused and was waiting for an awkward reaction. He demanded for a straw from the bar man, and started sucking on his drink... "Almost got a brain freeze", he said.. this is good "pina"... What kind of company? He said.. "he had a the demeanour of someone who really didn't care if you owned the whole world". Funmi thought to herself. I will tell you some other time. That's great!! Jacob said with a huge smile on his face.. "I get to meet with you another time even when we're not done with tonight, Hallelujah!!"... Funmi laughed and said, you're soo funny.. Jacob replied, "somebody shout another hallelujah", and they both laughed..
Do you mind if we took a walk, I will carry you on my back for free, Jacob said.. "Sure, why not, but I will rather walk" Funmi said.... As you wish, miss boss lady.. she shook her head with a little smile, and they both started walking... "how long have you been here for", Jacob asked... "it's my 2nd night here" Funmi said.. Really? I got here 2day Jacob said... No way!! Funmi replied immediately... and you didn't think you should rest first?...... Ah! Is that care I'm sensing from you? Jacob asked with a cheesy voice... "No! It's not, it's simply common sense, but apparently, it ain't so common", Funmi snapped.. "How did you even know where to find me", Funmi stopped walking as though somthing suddenly hit her.. "ahn ahn!! But I've been telling you I'm like James Bond naa, so you didn't believe me?" Jacob said while he made a face of someone who was disappointed.. there was something surreal about Jacob, she couldn't place. He sure didn't seem like he cared if she was worried that he might have stalked her or not.. "It is my first day here, and yes, it may seem like I'm that guy who just sees any girl and goes after her"... He paused, then stopped walking, and said to her, "Truth is, I am that guy", but I know you certainly aren't that girl who just falls for that kind of guy, so I'm gonna settle for a normal hang out with you.. "You really know how to speak your mind, don't you, she asked?"... "everyone has to learn to say what's in their mind, in that way we can truly understand exactly what is running through the next person's mind without unnecessary assumptions", He said... "Next question", he quickly added.. "would you say the 12 year old version of you would be happy with the woman you've grown to become", he asked, but this time, he had a distinct look she hadn't seen. He was expressionless... "Well, when I was twelve, I loved to dance a lot, and I always wanted to become a dancer, we'll, let's just say I grew up".. she said. "When last did you dance he asked immediately"... what? She giggled a little bit.. dance? No way!! I don't dance, I can't even remember... "In that case we're going to bring that 12 year old's dream to pass... "very funny Mr Jacob"... "Oh please, call me Jacob", no need for formalities, he said.. oh c'mon, don't tell me you're so heartless as not to make a 12 year old's dream come true... and besides, the music in the air is just perfect...
At that moment, Jacob gently strided a few feets from her, looked at her, and looked away.. He gently began to let his body move with the music.. it was just the both of them close to the beach, but the sound from the music was still quite profound.. Jacob stretched his hand out and said dance with me while he estatically moved his body and laughed really hard. "He seems to be a very free spirited person", she thought to herself... "Fine Mr Jacob".... Jacob!!! No Mr, Missy!!! She laughed a little.. Fine Jacob, just don't laugh at my dance moves.. She joined him and danced and they both laughed really hard at their silly dance moves....
You're not such a bad dancer, He said as they walked to grab some food.. They were both starving... They both chit chatted for hours into the night... They both knew how to hold their ends in their conversations... Funmi laughed really hard at his jokes and soon enough she said to him, "next week is actually my birthday, Wednesday precisely"... Wow!! That's just great, Jacob said... Is that what brought you here he asked? She smiled and said "actually, I didn't choose to come here, destiny made that choice for me"... there was a little bit of silence in the air... "Do you really believe in destiny?" Jacob asked... "Yes, I do"... I mean, we all make choices, but at the end, destiny always prevails... "Destiny has the final say", Jacob paraphrased.. He really was in awe of the statement as He had never really looked at things from the "destiny point of view" before.... It's pretty late already, I'd like to be heading back to my suite now Mr... sorry... Jacob.. I did enjoy your company... "Or maybe you're just intimidated by me", Jacob quickly added.. She smiled at him and said "goodnight Jacob".... Can I at least walk you to your suite? She looked away, then looked back at him, smiled and said, "let's see if you're really the James Bond you say you are, Find me again", she smiled and walked away...

1 Like

Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Ikdbabie(f): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nice. More plz.
Re: "Angel In The Shadows" By Mdfox5 by Mdfox5: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chapter 6

“Has the Chinese customs agreed to our offer”? The CEO of Silicon Hill asked the Managing Director.. “No sir, they still insist on the 20 billion naira equivalent demand, and have even given an ultimatum for its payment”… Really?? When is the deadline? The CEO asked.. “two weeks from now sir” the Managing Director said… There was a long silence on both ends of the call, as they were communicating via their cellphones.. “That will be all”, the CEO said, and he ended the call… “Miss Amaka, get across to the Chief Financial Officer and other members of the board, we need to have an emergency meeting as soon as possible”, He said to his Secretary.. Alright sir, she replied, and immediately started doing as instructed…..
“Good morning members of the board.. as instructed by the CEO, I have here with me a copy of our last audited account”, the CFO said. This is in line with our company poli…. “That will be all CFO, the CEO interrupted”.. “As you all are aware, we’ve had a major setback in one of our major operations”.. “This Company is faced with all sorts of possible legal charges and our reputation is on the line”.. “We just signed a major contract with Mirok Group and it is a 5 year contract that will run into billions of naira”.. “In less than two weeks of execution we are already having such an unwanted challenge”. “I called this meeting not to start pointing fingers or blaming anybody, even though clearly a lot of you have been so complacent due to your previous successes that you fail to put in the needed effort to keep this organization going”. We have less than two weeks to pay the chinese customs over 20 billion naira if they are to drop charges. From the audited account the CFO was about to read out, we don’t even have half of that as cash”.. Does anyone in this room have any ideas on how we can make that amount of money available in two weeks? He asked with so much dissatisfaction.. The room was quiet.. He waited some seconds.. Got up and stared out his window for some time, as if he was searching for some answers in the streets of Victoria Island. “I will be sending some delegates to Fox5 corp to have some talks with them with respect to their previous offer”.. He walked back to his seat.. “We need to at least cut our losses and spread the risks as well”. That will be all..
We have a new deal, given the circumstances of the situation. 80 percent is what we want. Your company name remains the same, all your staff will receive their full benefits or maybe even better, He said with his hands behind his head while he rocked his chair.. “So this is the Jackson Obuareghe people talk about”, one of the delegates from Silicon Hill thought to Himself.. Well sir, our boss… “Go back and tell your boss the terms and conditions of our new deal”, he quickly interrupted. As you can see, I’m here in person for this meeting, I expected to be having this discussion with whoever is in charge. I will be out of the country in three days, so you people have just two days. Now if you don’t mind, there are some other business I’d like to take care of……

It seemed like a beautiful place, even though she couldn’t quite make out where she was… she felt as though she had been relieved of all sense of responsibility and could be as free as a 12 year old. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you”.. a voice came from behind her.. She turned around and She saw Jacob.. He had a big smile on his face as he walked bare on his feet towards her.. she wanted to run to him, but she couldn’t move as free as she would have wanted.. “Don’t worry beautiful, all that burden you bare is what is weighing you down” He said, I’ll meet you all the way and carry you”, and in a blink of an eye he literally swept her off her feet by carrying her.. she wanted to resist, but she saw herself giving in.. He smiled to her and said “I can’t pretend I know what it feels like to be in your shoes, and besides my feet is too big for your shoe”.. she couldn’t help the giggle.. “But I can, and will always carry you when you feel down, and I mean that literally and metaphorically”, He said.. She drowned in those words… she felt her hands move behind his neck while he stared deeply into her eyes.. She arched his head towards hers and kissed him passionately.. Every kiss beg more of it.. She didn’t want to think anything else at that moment, all she wanted to do was to drown in that moment… Till she kept hearing a knock and a voice saying “room service”.. She suddenly woke up! It was all a dream

(1) (Reply)

My Wedding Night(episode 12) / How To Use Grammarly Tool To Get Grammatical Error Free Writing / History And Documented Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.