Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

New Car-2016 Volkswagen Beetle Dune - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Car-2016 Volkswagen Beetle Dune (803 Views)

This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad / Would You Buy This Rusty 1952 Volkswagen Beetle (ijapa) For N30million? / Amazing Transformation Of 1970 Volkswagen Beetle Car (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Car-2016 Volkswagen Beetle Dune by udemzeus(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
I can’t stop thinking "Beetlejuice" when I see or hear about this car. It just rolls of the tongue. “Beetledune, Beetledune, Beetledune.” You have to say it three times for it to appear. It’s one of those cars that I expected not to like, but was pleasantly surprised. Would I ever buy one? No, but I’d never buy a Beetle in general. They're just not for me. But the Dune has some really nice qualities.

The powertrain has plenty of get-up to move this Bug around. Shifts come from a traditional torque converter automatic transmission, and not VW's DSG dual-clutch gearbox, so they’re only mildly quick. The car will get up to speed without a problem, but you’ll have to put the pedal to the floor to pass.

The steering is a little rubbery and the thin steering wheel feels like a wire hanger in my fingertips; a thicker wheel would be preferrable. The Dune has a little taller ride height than the rest of the Beetle lineup as well, and I think it might be sprung a little softer, too.

The Dune's gold-and-black paint scheme actually looks impressive in the sun. I liked the yellow GSR that we had a few years ago better, because it channeled the Super Beetle. The VW and Turbo logos on the back are kinda cool, though.

click to see ore images of interior and prices

http://www.gist24.com.ng/2016/06/new-car-2016-volkswagen-beetle-dune.html

Re: New Car-2016 Volkswagen Beetle Dune by kelvine(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
I want to see the interior. Cool car but beetles all look alike in a sense.
The world doesnt like this shape anymore.

(1) (Reply)

..... / Learn How To Drive A Car In One Week!!! / Italian Company Unveils Redesigned Citroen H Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.