Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,582 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? (3213 Views)

Learn How To Create A Chat Forum Like Nairaland And Become A Multimillionaire / How Can I Build A Twitter like @mention System In PHP? / Create A Website Like Nairaland In 3minutes & Start Making Tons Of Money Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by pxjosh(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Good evening all,

I've been considering building a forum like Nairaland for quite sometime, with a whole different section, for a targeted class of people.

I've done my little research, and as at 2013, I learnt Seun built Nairaland with SMF/Php, and currently he has switched over to Python.

I really don't know the reason for the switch, but I've observed that Nairaland loads so fast & I think its probably because its coded with Python.

Now, if Nairaland now runs with Python, can I do something with Python using an easy framework (as compared with SMF), or need to do all the coding from the scratch?

Pls comments are needed asap. Thanks
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by losprince(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
use the programming language you know, you should use a framework cuz it will speed up the whole process

It doesn't really matter what language you use now, maybe when you forum get more traffic you can consider switching to a faster environment

I built this with php naijatechclub and no hazzles yet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by pxjosh(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
losprince:
use the programming language you know, you should use a framework cuz it will speed up the whole process

It doesn't really matter what language you use now, maybe when you forum get more traffic you can consider switching to a faster environment

checked ur forum out and its cool.
Did u use SMF?
I don't av knowledge of php. Guess I have to start learning the basics now.
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2016
U Can Use Any Programming Language U Know.

U Can Also Use Wordpress And Other CMS.
It's Ur Choice
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by losprince(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
pxjosh:
checked ur forum out and its cool.
Did u use SMF?
I don't av knowledge of php. Guess I have to start learning the basics now.
No I didn't use smf, coded everything from scratch
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by pythonkid(m): 8:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
losprince:

Nice site bro , can you call me on 07058827227 lrts discuss biz pls.. would like you to help me code a comment / feedback section on my website
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by losprince(m): 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
pythonkid:

Nice site bro , can you call me on 07058827227 lrts discuss biz pls.. would like you to help me code a comment / feedback section on my website
Thanks bro, I will call on the morrow
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by donblade85555(m): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2017
losprince:

No I didn't use smf, coded everything from scratch
what did you use in coding the forum. Note pad?
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by Sync201(m): 3:24am On Aug 17, 2017
Learn html5,css3,JavaScript,python,django/pyramid

That's it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by losprince(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
donblade85555:
what did you use in coding the forum. Note pad?
the editor I used was notepad++
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by donblade85555(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2017
losprince:
the editor I used was notepad++
does one need to learn SQL to be able to build a forum from scratch?
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by Nairaface: 6:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
If you intend to use a relational database, then Yes, you would need to learn SQL (Structured Query Language) or an alternative Query Language.
Re: How Do I Build A Forum Like Nairaland? by olamil34(m): 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sync201:
Learn html5,css3,JavaScript,python,django/pyramid

That's it
ain't that the truth

(1) (Reply)

Help To How To Create A Quiz System Using VB.NET / Help !! - I Need A Book On Tkinter / I Need Help And Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.