Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Health Tips And Talk - - Understanding When Anxiety Disorder Sets In - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Tips And Talk - - Understanding When Anxiety Disorder Sets In (619 Views)

I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / Social Anxiety Disorder: There Is Way Out (1) / Health Tips For The Hot Weather (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Tips And Talk - - Understanding When Anxiety Disorder Sets In by biminiflash: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Hey guys, good morning. Hope we all had a beautiful weekend. I did... Once again welcome to Health Tips and Talk on Biminiflash just as it is captioned we discuss everything health. If you are joining us for the first time, I say a big welcome but where have you been? Lol.

Anxiety disorder is common among us today without our knowledge of what exactly is going on with or within us. So I'll be doing a series on anxiety.

What is anxiety disorder?
Anxiety starts off as stress... Lots of time when anxiety clicks in we all think it is stress but it is way beyond that.
It is your body’s natural response to stress. It is a feeling of fear or panic and apprehension about what’s to come. We all feel it at times; the fear of failure, the first day of school, going to a job interview, or giving a speech cause most people to feel fearful, panic and nervous. But if your feelings of anxiety are high, and last for longer than six months, and are interfering with other important things in your life, you may have an anxiety disorder.

Common Symptoms Of Anxiety Disorder

There are several forms an anxiety disorder could take. One can have mild anxiety or sever anxiety. It may involve general anxiety and worry about many things, or it may be a fear of one specific thing. The exact symptoms vary according to the type of disorder, but always include excessive, irrational fear and sudden hatred or dislike.
Below Are The Types Of Anxiety Disorder

Panic attacks
When one often panic at every slightest thing then a type of anxiety disorder Panic disorder maybe setting in. Panic disorder is characterized by panic attacks: sudden, unexplained, and apprehension about what’s to come. We all feel it at times; the fear of failure, the first day of school, going to a job interview, or giving a speech cause most people to feel fearful, panic and nervous. But if your feelings of anxiety are high, and last for longer than six months, and are interfering with other important things in your life, you may have an anxiety disorder.

Common Symptoms Of Anxiety Disorder

There are several forms an anxiety disorder could take. One can have mild anxiety or sever anxiety. It may involve general anxiety and worry about many things, or it may be a fear of one specific thing. The exact symptoms vary according to the type of disorder, but always include excessive, irrational fear and sudden hatred or dislike.
Below Are The Types Of Anxiety Disorder

Panic attacks
When one often panic at every slightest thing then a type of anxiety disorder Panic disorder maybe setting in. Panic disorder is characterized by panic attacks: sudden, unexplained, and unexpected bouts of extreme fear and panic. Sometimes if an accident occurs you see a victim running without a direction not minding his or her injuries, this is a typical example of panic attack. The symptoms of a panic attack include: pounding heart, sweating profusely , Consistent weakness, faintness, dizziness, nausea, chest pain, fear of losing control, going crazy, or dying
These attacks usually last between 10 and 20 minutes, but they can feel endless to the person experiencing them. Following an attack, a person may feel anxious, exhausted, and shaken.
People who often suffer from panic attacks may also have anxiety about these attacks. They may fear embarrassment if they have an attack in public. This may cause them to develop a fear of being in a place they cannot escape from. This fear is called agoraphobia.
The symptoms of a panic attack can be so severe that they are sometimes mistaken for a heart attack or other life-threatening condition.
Phobias
Phobia for a particular thing can lead to anxiety disorder. It could be Phobia for water, for height, for flight for road , for sounds etc.
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder as a type of anxiety disorder
People with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) have persistent, uncontrollable, upsetting thoughts. They deal with the anxiety this causes by performing rituals, which gives them a sense of control over something. For example, if you are obsessed with germs, you might compulsively wash your hands over and over again. If you have obsessive thoughts about someone breaking into your home, you might compulsively lock and unlock your doors and windows. Our people will often clean and clean... They are disgusted at every sight of dirt. Though unknown to them this is an anxiety disorder.
If you have OCD, you might find it difficult to throw things away; you might be obsessed with order and symmetry; you might have the need to touch things repeatedly in a particular sequence. If you have OCD, you may not realize that your behavior is out of the ordinary. You may feel like you are normal and acting normal but it is beyond normal. Sometimes people tell me I have OCD. If at all I do, I think I can sure control mine.
OCD is often accompanied by eating disorders, other anxiety disorders, and depression.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as a type of anxiety disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is extreme anxiety following a severe or terrifying physical or emotional event. It may be the result of something that has happened to you, something that has happened to someone close to you, or something you have witnessed. PTSD is common following military combat, a serious accident, a personal attack, battering, or child abuse.
Below are some symptoms of PTSD
1) Difficulty sleeping
2) Nightmares
3) Flashbacks
4) Irritability
5) Feeling numb or detached
6) Feeling jittery or on guard
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

If you have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) you worry constantly about many things, even though there is little or nothing to provoke your anxiety. This worry can be so severe if it interferes with your life. Even though you may realize that your worries are unfounded, you are unable to control them.
Symptoms of GAD include:
1) difficulty sleeping
2) fatigue
3) headaches
4) muscle tension
5) irritability
6) difficulty concentrating
7) nausea
cool constantly sweating
9) frequent urination
10) hot flashes
11) shortness of breath
Written by: Blecyn George Monsi
This was quite a ride, I hope this was helpful. Like I said, this is a series and so we will continue next week. If you have any contributions or ideas on this topic please email me info@biminiflashng.com

http://www.biminiflashng.com/2016/06/health-tips-and-talk-understanding-when.html

Re: Health Tips And Talk - - Understanding When Anxiety Disorder Sets In by KimmieRollison: 7:35am On Jun 20, 2016
What is Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
Re: Health Tips And Talk - - Understanding When Anxiety Disorder Sets In by biminiflash: 11:50am On Jun 20, 2016
I will talk about that soon just stay glued

(1) (Reply)

.... / The Role Of Omega-3 Long-chain Fatty Acids During Pregnancy / Male & Female Reproductive Health & Fertility Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.