Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,622 members, 7,809,292 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better (35104 Views)

6.5HP SUMEC Firman Generator / Brand New Sumec Firman Generator Sg200 For Sale / Sumec Firman Generator For Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Dottore: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Both are made in the same factory in China
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2016
tiger generator can save fuel ehn? chai... when u feel the fuel is almost finished just tip the generator a little to the left or right and keeps working for another hour.. # team I pass my neighbour.

6 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by cool318(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2016
obinna2nv:
Sample. cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, Lawyer, Seun please I need a bigger audience for an informed decision. No single comment, there is God o!! Thank you.

In the choice of Generators, some factors are considered. The Capacity- KVA or VA, this will depend on what you want to power.
2nd is your Financial capabilities.

I have been using Sumec Furman 2900- which has a Power output of 2.2KVA since Jan Last year & no Technician has come near my House.
The secret is prompt periodic Maintenance

Make sure the name is engraved on the Tank & not sticker when you go to buy.
Sumec Firman is always the Costliest apart from Honda in their various capacity ranges.

7 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by bobbyluis(m): 7:45am On Jul 10, 2016
1st of all sumec firman is more expensive than the tiger generator
The sumec firman carries more load than the tiger generator like refrigerator and AC
Forget whatever they tell u abt noise from sumec wait until tiger blows out of proportion,u will c noise
When it comes to fuel consumption,tiger is d best...1 litre can last 4 four hrs while sumec can last 2-3 hrs

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2016
Generator Republic of Africa...
Just Negodu topic

4 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Jimi23(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2016
Sumec is good. I bought mine like 4 or 5 years ago and its still in good condition. Ul need a good technician to service it regularly though.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by royalfamily(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2016
Can you imagine ,we 're contemplating on which one is in a fair situation in what is killing us in this country we 're use already to the shameful act of our leader who couldn't lead us to the promise land cos if they could I guess by now we could be talkin on something berra and not generator that's destroying us. ... Why not include mikanno.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Heymus(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2016
I nave been using my sumec generator for the past 3years now, no complain still working fine. But maintenance is paramount
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by dacovajnr: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2016
I will advise you to go for Homai brand...it's of same size as Tiger, not sure if the brand have any other sizes asides that...I bought the Gen 15yrs ago(2000)and twas due for Service after 10yrs(2010) and I still have it till date but not as rugged as it used to be and I now service it more often even though I have another Gen(Sumec the Noise-Maker) grin

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Coolgent(m): 8:09am On Jul 10, 2016
obinna2nv:
Hello house, I want to buy a low power generator for my self-contain apartment. But am contemplating which type to go for, with this economic realities there are so many parameters to consider, fuel consumption, noise level,servicing etc, both long and short term, people with generator experience please advice me. Thanks in anticipation.
Bros go for PARSUN (2900) 2.5kva 12litres full tank (abt 20hrs run time)
I have been using it for the past 1year.
I must say its very good product

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Benblaq(m): 8:23am On Jul 10, 2016
jenny88:
I taught that they have stopped importation of generator ....I dont know that they still import it .....But i taught that power generation have improved in the mouth of some set of people ....well , i think that sumec is better because of its capacity. Buy sumec if you are using high voltage equipments like refrigerator . But if it is just for bulbs and television , you can buy tiger because of its low consumption of fuel ....
i tink am interested in ur opinion*cn we go to a generator shop?wer in ph r u?lets do biz togeda
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Lovexme(m): 8:24am On Jul 10, 2016
davodyguy:

Stop this childishness. It worked before, but not in this harsh economic climate

So, trying to get people's opinion in a better way is childish? Carry on. I'll indulge you no further. Happy Sunday ☺
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Bosc(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2016
If you want to buy "I pass my neighbour" look for Birla Yamaha (very strong, durable & economical) but if you want a gen with a higher capacity, I'll recommend pasuma.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by dhenjhi(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2016
Tiger is the best.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by 12month: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2016
Go for sumec firman, fuel consumption very economical, n output is great, just needs maintenance, but it's noisy, dat tiger gen will still give u problems later on and it can't carry refrigerator.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by MrFocusGoals: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2016
obinna2nv:
Hello house, I want to buy a low power generator for my self-contain apartment. But am contemplating which type to go for, with this economic realities there are so many parameters to consider, fuel consumption, noise level,servicing etc, both long and short term, people with generator experience please advice me. Thanks in anticipation.

I have used THERMOCOOL for 4 years now without a major issue. And I have 3 of them of different capacities. The armature windings are 100% copper and they are relatively cheap compared to Honda and Yamaha. Overall the best solution is best-practice Preventive Maintenance Program; the same technician has maintained them over these years.

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2016
MrFocusGoals:

I have used THERMOCOOL for 4 years now without a major issue. And I have 3 of them of different capacities. The armature windings are 100% copper and they are relatively cheap compared to Honda and Yamaha. Overall the best solution is best-practice Preventive Maintenance Program; the same technician has maintained them over these years.

heh

i got a thermocool some 6 years back, and from day one it was rubbish. after the first run, the generator refused to start. my mechanic came and identified that the low oil check control had stopped on the first run.
within six months the generator was in a bad way. i was filling it to the brim every night. my mechanic had also strongly recommended it. however , on openig it up, we found PLASTIC GEARS that had sheared within the frame. the guy said that was the last time he would recommend thermocool.

of course, it could be the same story, a fake, or a second or third generation batch .

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by obinna2nv(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2016
tumababa:
Is dat d 2 models you are considering? Cos d 2 pix av different capacities

Both are low power output, tiger is 900w, while firman is 1.1kw or(1,100w).
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by neonly: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2016
D truth is dat they are both d same China things. I blame buhari nd fashola for dis

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by obinna2nv(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2016
jenny88:
I taught that they have stopped importation of generator ....I dont know that they still import it .....But i taught that power generation have improved in the mouth of some set of people ....well , i think that sumec is better because of its capacity. Buy sumec if you are using high voltage equipments like refrigerator . But if it is just for bulbs and television , you can buy tiger because of its low consumption of fuel ....

Yeah, thanks. I appreciate, I don't intend to put load on it, I just want low power, its just that tiger consumes lower but its 2 stroke engine, you mix fuel and oil together, I really don't like it.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by steve6: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by soliddust2020: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2016
firman is way better.

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Rajiolaade: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2016
twinskenny:
can be regulated but its on 220
if u didn't attend secondary school, at least primary schools integrated science subject should tell u that 220 is the voltage in VOLTS. while unit for power is WATTS. therefore 220 cannot be power output.

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 10, 2016
Well, Parsun is their king overall but since you are gunning for a I better pass my neighbor standard, original Tiger should do.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by kenrish2(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2016
emymeeky:
Sumec is more powerful. Around 1kva ( 1000watts) and can carry more loads than Tiger which is around 800 Watts . If you're looking for more economical generator , go for tiger . If you're looking for less economical but high load ( small fridge and iron ) carrying capacity, go for sumec

Sumec is more noisy ( not too noisy ) than Tiger but requires less servicing
tiger is not economical one bit, any generator that mixes fuel an oil is a useless generator because the carbon build up affect everything on the engine, pistion, rings, crank shaft. so it always require constant servicing and sometimes the current is not stable and can easily destroy your flat screen tv. but sumec na carry go. excellent engine

4 Likes

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by kenrish2(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2016
realdevil:
Genrator na generator as far as it will produce electricity.
na lie o bross small tiger engine na problem

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by noble71(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2016
bro. try Tiger TM u will enjoy it.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by AYAB: 9:17am On Jul 10, 2016
Buy sumec firman is the best have been using it since 2011
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by obinna2nv(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2016
WowSweetGuy:
Generator Republic of Africa...
Just Negodu topic

Well since we have a minister of darkness, we have to face reality and do the needful..

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by noble71(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2016
if u will buy sumec buy big one because that small one u uploaded is one week one problem.

1 Like

Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by adamspee(m): 9:25am On Jul 10, 2016
op if you want to go for tiger , go for the four (4) stroke type that has oil compartment separate, it is better than the regular tiger,it is currently sold for 25k to 30k in lagos now.
Re: Tiger Or Sumec Firman Which Is Better by jahbiz: 9:25am On Jul 10, 2016
obinna2nv:
go for lutian, itz less noisy and last long. Jux change d caperator cox d "folo com" one consumes much fuel...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soakaway Collapses At NPA Quarters, Nyanya In Abuja; 3 Rescued / Abeokuta Are You Readdddyyyyyyy………this Is Loud+2349030188831 / Pile Or Raft Foundation Which Will Be Ideal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.