Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? (997 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / I Am Not Who you Think I Am (Lyrics Lounge) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by adebisi1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2009
I dont play any instruments,(not talented, words take time to come to me) but my hearing and "brain power" is really sharp (and in real time, right when i hear the sound, i know what it is)  i really love music.
How do you break into the music industry? i mean, how do all the bands get into,  i have been thinking about what i really want to do with my life and i want to get in the music industry, i dont care about the money, i want to play music for people,  i mean, is it just gigs all the time until someone finds you?

in your opinion, what be some possible careers for me in this field? Manager? producer?

How exactly does a manager make their money? What about a promoter?

Please send info to my mail or call my cell

E-mail : adebisi12000@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Re: If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by adebisi1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2009
No info?
Re: If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by ofokasibe: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2009
first start from ur bedroom , or ur closet, i make beats tho, thats where i started from , then i discovered that i can also rap on my beats , but i didnt like to be a public figure , i still want my privacy
holla at me if u wanna hear samples of what i come up wit.
when u say when u hear a sound u know what it is , do u mean u can identify musical instruments on hearing it.,,, explain more on this , i guess am interested in that ,
i like ur passion tho., l8er
Re: If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by frijos(m): 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2009
@OP u need to ask urself some soul searching questions. Think of what u enjoying doing the most or rather most of time. i mean wht is it that u reall really enjoy when ur doing it makes u feel great (not just good). once u've discovered that one thing man u've discovered what u really want to do in life. always remember not everyone is cut out to be the artiste (we need to tell ourselves the truth) even though it's very tempting to want to be in the spotlight like a hero we ain't all cut out to be on the screen some are born with special abilities.and there are many other professions in the music industry like PR, Managers, A&R, Promoters, Artiste Brand Managers/ Developer etc. u can become one of these. Now did i really answer ur ? ? hmmmm let me look at again, ok i hope so! grin
Re: If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by elopee(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2009
U need to find where you fit in.not everybody in the music industry is an artiste or producer.Look for this book "How to make it in the MUSIC BUSINESS" by Sian pattenden or any other book that gives u an insight of jobs in the industry.
Re: If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by adebisi1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2009
do u mean u can identify musical instruments on hearing it.,,, explain more on this , i guess am interested in that ,,

Yes i mean i can idenntify musical instruments on hearing it ,and in real time, right when i hear the sound, i know what it is

Guy let chat add me to adebisi12000@yahoo.co.uk
Re: If: I Want To Go Into The Music Industry, Where Do You Think I Can Start? by adebisi1(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
elopee (m )

Thanks man , but you guys hav't answer my question pls go back and read the right up ,

The question was How exactly does a manager make their money? What about a promoter?

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Double Six Vs. Mode 9(the Battle Rages On) / Like Her Fan Page And Win Gifts / Brymo Gives Us The Female Version Of Ara, Nice Remix [listen]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.