Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Where Can A Mathematics Graduate Work Aside Teaching - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Can A Mathematics Graduate Work Aside Teaching (1114 Views)

What Are The Job Opportunities For A MATHEMATICS Graduate / Career Guide For A Mathematics Graduate / Can A Third Class Graduate Work In All Government Parastatals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Can A Mathematics Graduate Work Aside Teaching by saintben99: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
I am currently in 300l in one of the state universities, though I applied for computer science, and was given mathematics, I Will be graduating next year and I still can't figure out where in the society mathematics majored apart from teaching. Though they say it's vast but considering the rate of unemployment in this country one has got to ponder
Re: Where Can A Mathematics Graduate Work Aside Teaching by David25(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
saintben99:
I am currently in 300l in one of the state universities, though I applied for computer science, and was given mathematics, I Will be graduating next year and I still can't figure out where in the society mathematics majored apart from teaching. Though they say it's vast but considering the rate of unemployment in this country one has got to ponder

Having a math degree gives you a lot more opportunities than people realize. As for which jobs are available, that might depend on what area of math you get your degree(s) in. There's statistics, actuary/business math, operations research, engineering/optimization, number theory, etc.
There are a number of jobs you can use a mathematics degree for other than Teaching, you can become an actuary (potentially high salary, primarily in insurance, some consulting), supply chain management (modeling).

If you want to be your "own boss" grin right out of university you are going to have to have an entrepreneurial attitude, where you can start your own business (up to you what you want to do) or work in a position like financial advisor where you can make as much as you want, depending on how hard you want to work and how well you handle rejection.

If you find a career path that sounds interesting to you, don't hesitate to ask a company in that industry if you can meet with someone in that position so you can learn more about that career path

Right now, focus on getting your degree first, I'm sure the holy spirit has something in store for you wink
Best of Luck!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! - Free Capacity Development By Business School Netherlands / Free Mini Importation Masterclass / 102k Job With Accommodation In Benin Or 180k Job Without Accommodation In PHC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.