Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? (2962 Views)

How To Set Up A Fashion/entertainment Magazine Aiming At Any Country . / How Well Can A New Entertainment Magazine Succeed In 9jeria? / Entertainment Magazine Needs Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by ace1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 28, 2006
What Does It Take To Start Up My Own Entertainment Magazine?

Please, I would like to know what i need to do to start a magazine in my school.

I actually want a magazine that would focus on the social life in my school.

I know how to use Coreldraw 11 and Macromedia Fireworks but I want to know everything I'll need to venture into it.

Thanks.
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by ajayi1(m): 1:16am On Dec 01, 2006
Abegi, Do you think is easy to start? Let me ask you my first question before i continue, Do you know how to write stories?
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by ace1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2006
yea, got friends that would also help me in writing too, i guess i answered ur 1st question?so how do i start
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2006
you need a good colour printer or two and some good staplers grin

just get the happening boys and girls in school to share their aspiration in life coment on some socio-political issues concerning education in the whole society

get some club managers to place their ad in your paper by interviewing them and what tehy have to offer
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by ima1(f): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2006
ok you can't just jump into starting a full fledge magazine without knowing what you want in the magazine, i will suggest starting a 2 page magazine or watever they call it, figure out what you want to write about, if it is going to be a weekly magazine i will suggest, having something like a BABE OF THE WEEK page, which should will feature the girl's picture in the from of the magazine, this should draw the attention of both male and female students, and i will suggest making you first 2 paged magazine free to see how much attention you can draw, before you actually start selling it, anyway you gotta be ready to spend money before you can start making some. find good writer's.

i have always wanted to do something like this, anyway that's why i am a graphic design student. i design magazine covers if you need help. goodluck
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by freelance(m): 11:33am On Dec 04, 2006
[b]@ ace1
That is a very brillant idea, that you have. First of all, since you want it to be focused on the social life in school, you must try and blend and try to be very social active yourself.
You and your crew should also attend parties,awards and the happening social activities @ school.
You must also have good writers and reports and also people that would cover gists,rumours and also some coded happenings in your school.
You must also have a very good photograher cuz you would always have to take photos for you magazine.
Also make sure you have a dedicated team that believes in your dream and also try and wear your branded tee-shirts of the name of your magazine to the social events that you attend.This is necessary to advertise yourself and your vision.
Make friends with the club guys, club chiefs and some key people that cud help your magazine.
There cud also be some upcomin musicians and commedians in your school. You can also interview them and some other key people that you think would add value to your magazine.
Try and also cover the latest shows, faculty and departmental dinners, shows, birthday parties of some selected V.I.P's in your school, etc

@ LoverBwoy and ima1
They both have good points also. Try and have personality of the week or model of the month on your magazine.
You could also get some nollywood stars or good musicians to grace some pages of your magazines and make sure you discuss very attractive topics on the frontpage of your magazine.
Its really a tasking idea but sure you have all it takes to make a success out of it. Whatever your mind can conceive, you can achieve.
You would sure need capital. Its goin to be a gradual process but with determination and hardwork with God by your side. Its just going to be a matter of time, you would make it big time.
Sure you learnt a thing or 2 from all this. Take care and wish you all the best.
You would succeed

Godspeed![/b]
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2006
I dont think you should sell the magazine to student, sell space advertisement to cafes, restuarants,clubs laundry servie, e-goldmen grin and so on
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by ajayi1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2006
@freelance I love you summary. That is the right thing to do. In addition, You have to get a good printer and your first copy most be free. So you need anough capital and you have to be careful.
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by minemine: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2006
It's fine you're already into graphic designining.

For low cost distribution of your proposed mag (whether 2pg
or more), you need to learn about commercial colour printing.

If you know about mirroring in Corel Draw, then you
are only left with how to contract your work out
with lithographists and printers. It easy doing this.

More help at hand for you on this via your email please.
Re: How To Start An Entertainment Magazine In School? by tuneri(m): 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2006
hi ya,i just saw ur post on the website,n i decided to reply cos i think we av alot of thimgs in common,1st,we're both in school;2nd,av bin thinkin about startin a mag in school 4 sum time now too,like you i dont really know how to start n i dont av capital.d koko is av got some graet ideas n i think we culd work together.

guy,don't you think increasin the scope of ur mag from just a local mag to maybe an entertainment mag with refrence to what's goin on in da schools?then publicity would go along way in helpin ur mag sell?since u r in school,dont u think u should something a lil bit more intellectual in d mag[something an av. undregrad wuld b interested in knowing?],then if wanna av a mag i think involving the eventual readers in some of articles n opinion polls wuld help,then findin out which celeb d readers wuld like to know about n write about him or her,or even using them on the cover

anyways,i wuld really like to work with someone that shares my dream,u can contact me on;tunampa32@yahoo.com,am in oau,by d way

(1) (Reply)

Uses Of Various Granite Chippings Sizes / Nospetco And Others / Rice Importers Worldwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.