Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,459 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis (3979 Views)

WONDER: Pig With Human Head And Pe.n*s On Forehead [photos+video] / If you think your Dog is big check this out / Training Your Dog Made Easy (adults And Puppies) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Jofez: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
Please how much do we spend on our dogs on monthly basis and how do we spend it?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by GBEMILOWO(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
LOWEST 4K
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by CertifiedSamuel: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
You spend more when dealing with pups. Over the last few weeks, I can say over 15k has been spent on just feeding dogs alone.

The more they grow and the more u learn, the less money you spend.

P.S: I have 4 dogs and 3 are still pups.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Prodeegee(m): 12:46am On Jun 23, 2016
30 - 50kg of chicken every week. that's between 9-15k per week roughly 60k Month
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Jofez: 10:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Prodeegee:
30 - 50kg of chicken every week.
that's between 9-15k per week
roughly 60k Month
how many dogs please
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by arcbay(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
1. A bag of Arion costs 14,500naira, lasts 2weeks.

2. A carton of fish (shawa) costs 7,500naira.

3. A pack of cannovel contains 180tabs, lasts exactly 30days. Costs 6,500naira

4. Roy's Pet Liver oil costs 3,500 naira. Lasts a month.

5. Shampoos, tick spray, hair creams, etc are not included in this cost.

6. Cost of medications and vaccinations are not included too.

7. Regular treaties are also not included.

8. Cost of engaging a temporary help in ur absence not included too.

Long story short, the cost of buying a dog is nothing compared to the cost of maintaining their health.

As long as you've chosen to raise a dog, then be willing to pay the sacrifices. Treat them like ur kids, it pays off in the end.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by osomegbe(m): 4:36am On Jun 24, 2016
I BUDGET between 40-50k per month for 4 dogs and I just added a Lhasa, which doesn't eat much because of its size so I give it like say 5k-10k addition because of injection, shampoos, pet tabs etc
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by TheHeGoat: 7:12am On Jun 24, 2016
Why spend time with dogs? cry

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by ENIGMA24(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
TheHeGoat:
Why spend time with dogs? cry
Dis one aff come again o
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Prodeegee(m): 8:52am On Jun 30, 2016
Jofez:
how many dogs please
6 dogs
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
ENIGMA24:
Dis one aff come again o
check his Monika, he's an HeGoat.
He would rather we spend time with him. grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 2:21am On Jul 01, 2016
I have 3 dogs and they consume
1. 4 Bingo bags (26000) and 2 Diamond bags (31000) a month. (Dinner only)

2. Breakfast is usually meals I prepared myself and is in range of 700 per day. (21000)

3. Meds etc excluded, I spend roughly 78000
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Prodeegee(m): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2016
anochuks08:

2. Breakfast is usually meals I prepared myself and is in range of 700 per day. (21000)

*coughs hysterically*
4 bags of Binggo = 60kg
2bags of diamond = 37kg

You're feeding 97kg a month

Not including the cooked food.

Haba, habaaaa, habaaaaaaa!

Post pictures of your dogs. They must look like an elephant, if not larger

Arcbay, abeg come judge ds mata

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2016
Prodeegee:

*coughs hysterically*
4 bags of Binggo = 60kg
2bags of diamond = 37kg

Lol. Will post pictures when I get back, I travelled out for sometime now and someone is looking after them.
Funny thing is that they don't add much weight after their heavy consumption.
At the end of the month, out of the 6 bags, you will be having half or nearly half bag of bingo and diamond respectively.

If you still doubt it, you can volunteer n dash me the aforementioned bags of dog food and see for yourself what is left off it at the end of the month. Will be posting pictures of what they eat and whats left, everyday
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Eveezy(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2016
Prodeegee:

*coughs hysterically*
4 bags of Binggo = 60kg
2bags of diamond = 37kg

lol, I responded to DT mata b4 BT network no gree mk I update, den e con add 78k monthly for meds, lienus is d name. like him dey give all of dem vaccination monthly nd of a additions

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
Eveezy:

lol, I responded to DT mata b4 BT network no gree mk I update, den e con add 78k monthly for meds, lienus is d name. like him dey give all of dem vaccination monthly nd of a additions
Na so I been reason before before I calculated all. Being sincere enough, coughing out 78k aint easy, hence, I save up by feeding mostly cooked meals most of the times as it is cheaper. Hence, I rotate them on
1. Rice
2. Garri
3. Mixed ground dog food.

Still in doubt, you send me kibbles and monitor the results yourself.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Prodeegee(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
anochuks08:
Lol. Will post pictures when I get back, I travelled out for sometime now and someone is looking after them.
Funny thing is that they don't add much weight after their heavy consumption.
At the end of the month, out of the 6 bags, you will be having half or nearly half bag of bingo and diamond respectively.

If you still doubt it, you can volunteer n dash me the aforementioned bags of dog food and see for yourself what is left off it at the end of the month. Will be posting pictures of what they eat and whats left, everyday

LooooooL

I should volunteer and dash you 4 bags of binggo and 2 bags of diamond?

You want to feed the multitude?

And you say they're not adding much weight?
My brother leave matter for Mathew.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Prodeegee(m): 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
anochuks08:
Na so I been reason before before I calculated all. Being sincere enough, coughing out 78k aint easy, hence, I save up by feeding mostly cooked meals most of the times as it is cheaper. Hence, I rotate them on
1. Rice
2. Garri

Hmmmmm...Preach pastor

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
Prodeegee:

LooooooL

I should volunteer and dash you 4 bags of binggo and 2 bags of diamond?

You want to feed the multitude?

And you say they're not adding much weight?
My brother leave matter for Mathew.
Bro me, na so I see am. I ve a friend whose rot can't finish a cup of rice and d rot is very heavy and bulky. My three will consume 7 cups at a stretch and still wouldn't add MUCH. I fed dem as I stated above but only for a short while before I figured out other means to save cost. They are ferocious consumers.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
Prodeegee:

Hmmmmm...Preach pastor
I love action, why don't u get d dog food, then inspect closely and see what happens at the end of 31 days. grin
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Prodeegee(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
Eveezy:

Lol, people sha
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Eveezy(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2016
anochuks08:
1. Rice
2. Garri

d amount u gave amounts to close to 200k a month for 3 dogs, training is nt included ooo

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Eveezy:

d amount u gave amounts to close to 200k a month for 3 dogs, training is nt included ooo
ah ah, check wat I said, you misunderstood me. I am saying thats what they (the 3 of dem consume a month). Dou you will still ve dog food left but like half half bag. For training, I train them myself. I can confidently tell you I spent in that range in the beginning and along the line, I figured out ways to cut cost.

For the past 2 months, I drastically reduced kibbles (since it's what consumes most of the money and doesn't last long as they make sure they finish whatever it is u served them). I now buy 3 bags in all, 2 bingo + 1 diamond and mix with small cup, in ratio of 2:1 for each dog, now, I feed dem half the ration they used to get.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
When I left my dogs with a friend, due to my busy schedule then, he will call every now and then for money for dog food that at a point, I had to accuse him of using the dog food I buy to feed other dogs.
Reading through the post on whether they can finish 6 bags + cooked meals a month throws me into laughter. To some, i am lying cos it aint possible, but i will be willing to take up the challenge as long as a third party is willing to provide the dog food (e don cost now for here). From experience, my dogs will consume all.

Some might quote and ask me to preach on, I don't ve to convince anyone, but I am willing to take up the feeding challenge when someone provides the dog food.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by arcbay(m): 5:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
anochuks08:

Haba daddy!!! Ahn Ahn!!! Take it easy na!!! Even elephants don't eat that much. Nna bros biko, take am easy abeg.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Jofez: 10:09am On Dec 04, 2019
Please how much is diamond now?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Endy10(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2019
arcbay:

Haba daddy!!! Ahn Ahn!!! Take it easy na!!! Even elephants don't eat that much. Nna bros biko, take am easy abeg.

arcbay said is Nna bros grin

Bros anochuks08 you have two options:

Post pics of the dogs and the almighty bags of food they allegedly eat. If indeed true, the Ogas dem will advice you how to cut cost without reducing quality.

OR

Ignore since you are not obligated to do sh*t and take the title of eLiEjah 1 of Nairaland.

Only one of these options will benefit you sha. Pick wisely.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by anochuks08(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2019
Endy10:

arcbay said is Nna bros grin

Bros anochuks08 you have two options:

Post pics of the dogs and the almighty bags of food they allegedly eat. If indeed true, the Ogas dem will advice you how to cut cost without reducing quality.

OR

Ignore since you are not obligated to do sh*t and take the title of eLiEjah 1 of Nairaland.

Only one of these options will benefit you sha. Pick wisely.
and you have to quote a discussion from 2016 to....
How old are you?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Your Dog(s) On Monthly Basis by Endy10(m): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
anochuks08:
and you have to quote a discussion from 2016 to....
How old are you?

It's very funny how you guys insults on Nairaland is always about age lol.

Also, I don't know what ever conversation you were referring to in 2016. Care to enlighten us?

(1) (Reply)

Extra Territorial Rott,4th Attack This Year / Lizard Or... / This 3months Old Male Boerboel Pup Is 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.