Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,895 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:53 PM

See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water (1275 Views)

Ebonyi People To Protest Indigenes’ Indiscriminate Street Hawking In Lagos / Watch This White Lady Speak Yoruba With The Ooni Of Ife / White Lady Who Pretended To Be Black Gives Herself Igbo Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water by flexflex: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2016
I Made N3000 in Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water in Lagos Traffic – White Hungarian Naija Lady Reveals

This is a story of a Hungarian woman who is married to a Yoruba man and how she decided to feel what many ordinary Nigerians pass through everyday as they struggle to live life. The woman uses her story to motivate millions of people especially Nigerians.

In an exclusive interview with Punch Newspapers, a Hungarian lady, Emese Doktor and later renamed to Ibukun Afolabi, popularly known as White Naija Girl, who is married to a Nigerian man and decided to hawk sachet water on the streets of Lagos in a bid to feel the pain Nigerians feel, has spoken out on her experiences in the country, life in Lagos, embracing Nigeria’s rich culture and more.

Below are excerpts from the chat;

Can you give a brief background of yourself?
My husband gave me a Nigerian (Yoruba) name, ‘Ibukun,’ which means ‘blessing.’ I am originally from Hungary. I live in the United Kingdom at the moment. In 2008, I came to the UK, where I met my husband, Gbenga Afolabi of MagnumN3. I studied Business and Management. I also hold degrees in German and French languages. When I first came to the UK, I could not speak English, so I had to start learning it from the beginning.
In 2012, I decided to start ­a blog, the whitenaijagirl.com, soon after I got married. Initially, I wanted to write a book, but my husband advised me to start a blog instead so I could reach more people. I started to write about my experiences as a ‘Nigerian’ wife. Soon, many people — men and women – in relationships with Nigerians started to contact me, asking different questions. The blog became quite successful. Finally, I visited Nigeria in the middle of October last year. I stayed for a month. It was during that period that the video of me selling sachet water was shot.

Was your visit to Nigeria in October your first trip to the country?
Yes it was. But here in the UK, I have had contacts with a lot of Nigerians. The church I attend in the UK is predominantly a Nigerian church. I have always been inspired by Nigerians and their way of living. I love the culture, food and their attitude to life. I also love it that Nigerians take education seriously. My husband is a film-maker and I produce most of his films. When we came to Nigeria; that was when I noticed how hard people in Nigeria are working and how much they needed to struggle on a daily basis to earn a living.

What was the inspiration behind the video of you selling pure water and drinks on the streets of Lagos?
Read more interview at http://doyennaija..com.ng/2016/06/i-made-n3000-in-just-30mins-hawking.html?m=1
Re: See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water by ikbnice(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2016
can I call this one hustling?
Re: See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water by donbenedict(m): 9:28am On Jun 21, 2016
I just don't like d way nigerians worship the "white" skin
Re: See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water by Godyke(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2016
Why wont she sell pure of up to 3k in twenty minutes in Nigeria when she is white? People will patronize her because of her skin colour and for being strange to them and for the fact that they too want to be caught on camera. But in the real sense can any Nigerian, no matter how much they hustle make up to that in one hour?

1 Like

Re: See How White Lady Made N3000 In Just 20mins Hawking Pure Water by flexflex: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2016
donbenedict:
I just don't like d way nigerians worship the "white" skin

You're right we worship the white skin a lot. Even if it's poo she sells but for d fact dat she's white, we'll call it special delicacy.

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife All Smiles As He Poses With An Elderly Oyinbo Woman In A Wheel Chair / Ohunse Ati Owo Yato Si Ara Won / Iya Olumo (Mother Goddess Of Olumo Rock) In Ogun State Turns 137 Years Old (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.