Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. (2647 Views)

Roofing Your House With Aluminium Sheets Call/whatsaap For Price / Thinking Of Re-roofing Your Building? This Will Blow Your Mind! / ATTENTION!!! Don't Fall A Disadvantage At Roofing Your House With Fake Roofs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by Audinowing(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello fellow Nlders and the Engineers in the house. I have a project that is at roofing stage now. It has being at this level since April this year and the possibility of doing the roofing now is quite slim considering the present economic situation. I have limited funds that can go round all my needs now and I am considering putting a stop to the building project pending when things get better. But my confusion now is, if the building is left without roof for a long time, won't there be any negative effects on the house at the long run? I intend to continue with the project by July, 2017 God willing.
I need advice on this issue please to enable me take informed decision.

Below are some of the images of the project. It a 3 bedroom flat.

Re: Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by cosby02(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2016
Reading....
Re: Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by Raph01: 10:03am On Jun 21, 2016
Check [size=20pt]MY SIGNATURE[/size] now if U're Interested or CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS on PRICELIST and HOW TO GET THEM

Re: Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by diordaves(m): 10:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Audinowing:
Hello fellow Nlders and the Engineers in the house. I have a project that is at roofing stage now. It has being at this level since April this year and the possibility of doing the roofing now is quite slim considering the present economic situation. I have limited funds that can go round all my needs now and I am considering putting a stop to the building project pending when things get better. But my confusion now is, if the building is left without roof for a long time, won't there be any negative effects on the house at the long run? I intend to continue with the project by July, 2017 God willing.
I need advice on this issue please to enable me take informed decision.

Below are some of the images of the project. It a 3 bedroom flat.

You have not back-filled your foundation and it appears you also didn't do DPC or German floor. Depending on your topography, you run the risk of your foundation being wet during the rain and plants and trees growing inside which may mess and seriously weaken your foundation at the extreme scenario.

Advise: floor your foundation and you are good.
Re: Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
There are a few problems :

1) You didn't do any form of flooring. Implication is that grasses WILL grow inside the foundation walls, inside and outside the built up area which might lead to cracking of your walls.

2) Usually, if good quality of blocks are used, the strength will not be depleted over the 1 year fallowing period. But, because of the quality we have nowadays, I can't assure that.

3) You can also tell your Blayer to fill the last course of block with lean concrete to prevent water going into the blockwork

1 Like

Re: Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by Audinowing(m): 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
diordaves:

You have not back-filled your foundation and it appears you also didn't do DPC or German floor. Depending on your topography, you run the risk of your foundation being wet during the rain and plants and trees growing inside which may mess and seriously weaken your foundation at the extreme scenario.

Advise: floor your foundation and you are good.
Thanks a lot @diordaves. God bless you.
Re: Implication Of Not Roofing Your House Immediately After Construction. by Audinowing(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
KolaShangOne:
There are a few problems :

1) You didn't do any form of flooring. Implication is that grasses WILL grow inside the foundation walls, inside and outside the built up area which might lead to cracking of your walls.

2) Usually, if good quality of blocks are used, the strength will not be depleted over the 1 year fallowing period. But, because of the quality we have nowadays, I can't assure that.

3) You can also tell your Blayer to fill the last course of block with lean concrete to prevent water going into the blockwork
This is helpful. I do appreciate Sir.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Build My House Nairaland / Construction Of 2 Flats At GRA, Benin City, Edo State. / Oil Palm Plantation For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.