Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,822 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (1243 Views)

76-Year-Old Borno Civil Sevant Who Still Collects N675 As Pension (Photo) / Workers To Access 25% Pension Savings For Mortgage …to Forfeit Lump Sum Payment / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Elxandre(m): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2016
Deleted
Re: . by Elxandre(m): 11:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
Bump
Re: . by spenca: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Well none of my business.... would get back to you.
Re: . by Elxandre(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
spenca:
Well none of my business.... would get back to you.
lol...
oya get back to me sir.
Re: . by funkyjms: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2016
Dear Elxandre,

Sorry about your relationship with your father.

However, the information provided is insufficient to compute his pension value. There are several questions that need answer like his age of appointment, period of service with(out) pay, basic salary and allowances, date of promotion, et cetera. This would be made easy if there is either an access to his file or a personal meeting.

You'd require the service of a chartered accountant. However, it's ethically wrong!

Yours sincerely,
funkyjms(RA)
Re: . by idupaul: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
Elxandre:
We (my siblings) have had a difficult relationship with my Dad ever since he retired to Abuja after going through some perilous situation at work, and eventually getting reinstated shortly before his retirement.

He retired at level 13 in the Federal Inland Revenue Service sometimes around 2003, and has been largely AWOL since then.

He left to a new station after being reinstated, and never bothered to reunite his already broken home with him

Though he shows up every now and then with all sort of promises about wanting an absolute reunion with us.

Nobody is certain where he lives, despite suggestions that he is remarried with kids.

Now to the main purpose of this post.

He always sends peanuts and claim he hasn't received his pension.

This has been his excuse for years, and I want to know as a matter of fact how much he earns, and when last he received his pension.

Please help me if you are in the know about this situation.

I'm majorly asking this, to see how much of his supposed remorse and penitence is premised on lies and deception.

NB I wrote this epistle to explain why I care about another human being's income.

After abandoning him in his time of peril you expect him to even send you ...it's time kids stop looking at their father as an ATM machine
Re: . by Elxandre(m): 12:19am On Jun 27, 2016
idupaul:

After abandoning him in his time of peril you expect him to even send you ...it's time kids stop looking at their father as an ATM machine
I don't know if you have a language problem, but I wrote up there that he has been elusive since he got out of the problem.
He did the abandonment!

However this is not an avenue for family tales. I just wrote the bit I put up there for clarity of intent purposes.

I'm not interested in your advice, as what he sends isn't even enough for any tangible thing nor our expenses.

I'm asking because I want to know how remorseful he is indeed.

Thanks.
Re: . by Elxandre(m): 12:22am On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks funkyjms.

Who would have known this was as complicated as this?
Re: . by idupaul: 2:42am On Jun 27, 2016
Elxandre:

I don't know if you have a language problem, but I wrote up there that he has been elusive since he got out of the problem.
He did the abandonment!

However this is not an avenue for family tales. I just wrote the bit I put up there for clarity of intent purposes.

I'm not interested in your advice, as what he sends isn't even enough for any tangible thing nor our expenses.

Thanks.

Go and hustle for yourself you dont need his pension it's for him to wind down life.. if u want to know what Ur dad earns go close to him and show him love
Re: . by idupaul: 2:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Elxandre:

He did the abandonment!

I'm not interested in your advice, as what he sends isn't even enough for any tan
gible thing nor our expenses.

Thanks.

From your words it's clear you are a very rude child
Re: . by Elxandre(m): 7:40am On Jun 27, 2016
idupaul:

Go and hustle for yourself you dont need his pension it's for him to wind down life.. if u want to know what Ur dad earns go close to him and show him love
Go through my NL post history, you'll see I'm mostly passive.

But you are nothing but an insensitive cyber bully and probably dyslexic, that's why I'm bothering to reply you.

You still think you are reasonable when you advice a Man vilified by everyone for his recklessness should continue on his path.

FYI, family advises not to speak to him again, but my altruistic tendencies doesn't want to see him ending up isolated.
I deal with people without any pretences, hence my thread.

If you can't understand my original post, I wonder if you are truly an adult with complete literary skills.

(1) (Reply)

Best Engineering & Ict Training @ Dgr Consult / Become a Certified DIGITAL MARKETER Today / Kpmg 2nd Stage Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.