Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

How Can I Block Some Sites From Loading On My System? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Block Some Sites From Loading On My System? (716 Views)

New Starcomms Modem Doesn't Open Some Sites! Facebook, Twitter, Cnn, Https Sites / How Do I Block Some Websites And Chat Engine E.g. Yahoo Messenger, Skype Etc / How To Block Some Websites On A PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Block Some Sites From Loading On My System? by methodman(m): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2009
Hello Mates,

Can anyone help me on how to block some sites from loading on my system?

I know its under the security section on TOOLS drop down but i cant seem to get it right.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Block Some Sites From Loading On My System? by BlackRevo: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2009
Click on tools and then the security tab, you will see local, internet, trusted and restricted sites. So click on restricted sites. Click on sites and then add all the sites you want to block there.

If you are using a router you can also block those sites from you router admin control interface or you can possibly download some software's to block those sites. This is better since you can secure it with a password and no one can unlock them except you.
Re: How Can I Block Some Sites From Loading On My System? by deji2009(m): 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
like Black_Revo said you need to see your browser security tab. if you"re using firefox it's different
Re: How Can I Block Some Sites From Loading On My System? by BlackRevo: 8:19am On Sep 02, 2009
deji2009:

like Black_Revo said you need to see your browser security tab. if you"re using firefox it's different

Yeah you are right deji i forgot about Firefox and it is actually different. His description of the problem showed that he was using internet explorer. So if you want to block on Firefox or other browsers like chrome, safari and opera then i think you should get a software for that. I will recommend "K9 web protection" and "openDNS".

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Recover Sound And Driver For Toshiba / Help Me Out Wit My Mtn F@stlink Pls! / latest codes for Mtn free browsing send just card of 1000 to 07033798621

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.