Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos (53539 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi At The Library Of Congress In Washington D.C. - Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by sammhi(m): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2016
I think Ooni should bother more with how his IFE town will look like the country he is visiting so that other kings too would or can visit him.
Running to another man country to display your magic is quite absurd..they should visit you and behold your wonders in your own place ...
in the bible , kings from far and near viisted Solomon due to his wisdom and wealth.....that is greatness

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by tayo200(m): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2016
hmnmm
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by kenoz(m): 8:33am On Jun 22, 2016
lol

This oyinbo people sef
they fear pass anything
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by TS2(m): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2016
Enitan...go home and stop this gallivanting.

This guy has not spent 20 nights in Ife since he became Ooni.

Were you forced?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by Notime5656(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2016
what a tradition
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by saintkeppy(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2016
The competent firemen are already on ground to handle any fire outbreak that may arise as a result of the show. This clearly shows how systems work over there in an advanced country like USA. In the 7th pix, See how wide & smooth the road is, if it were in my beloved country, Nigeria, the fire service men will arrive driving down on one substandard narrow road characterized by heavy traffic jam to put off any fire incident, maybe by then, the fire might razed down the entire building.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by comp88: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2016
When is he coming back ?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by fitinwell: 8:42am On Jun 22, 2016
[size=28pt]I Love American.. That's truely where heaven is.. Just see Standby fire emergency team on standby.. With little or no fire! See fire trucks.. Fire men fully equipped and ready to face the fiece fire.. and save lives! [/size]
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by dasphinx1(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2016
emeijeh:
Dem don carry juju go Smithsonian inst. next stop is the Library of Congress. grin

Reminds me of that Bright Chimezie's song, where he was almost arrested for eating eba in 'obodo indi-ocha'

*indomie children will never understand*

Police eeehh, Police eehhh, Police; his comitting suicide o eeehhh cool

Bia nwokem, you sabi better gbedu o, chai smiley

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by saintdennis(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2016
scholes0:

lol yet your name is Saintdennis?

Bro have u watched banshee? I love a statement chayton made which he began with. 'we cannot get our country back...our forefathers already lost that war'

I gats bear dennis cos my forefathers don already fvck up lols

But what I wouldn't do is go to obodo oyibo and be paraded like my ancestors for the delight and amusement of the white man as well as reinforcing the average white child's belief that africans are lesser beings.

Now u get my attachment of 21st century--slaves!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by prof800(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2016
Three fire fighting trucks came for just that small fire? The type of fire we see burning every night at Ikorodu market? Wow!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by eminikansoso(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2016
searchiing4love:

undecided
you are too much
how do you know his name is Okonkwo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by Explorers(m): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2016
And that's a country, always at alert.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by daylae(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2016
Pheals:
The firemen are also there in case
That is sango olukoso ! Ina loju ina lenu Akata yeriye ! Ekun oko Oya ,oloju Orogbo
the 3rd Alafin of Oyo a great warrior
Nice one ! Lovely
was sango really the third alaafin of oyo?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by Sirrexninefour(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2016
ikbnice:
and a whole duplex will burn to ashes here with no firefighter in sight. We will get the someday sha.
Hahahahahaha....
They will arrive "Swiftly", 1hr after the inferno!

Smh............
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by lemolemo: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2016
Well done

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by virginchaser(m): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2016
Culture at it's peak.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2016
whitestar01:
What is oni doin in US ?
Is he now rulin from US?
Abi him dey run from his town?
Abeg no set that museum on fire in the nAme of magic,
Because na so ide start, like play like magic.
the thing wey i wan do u dey fear me

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2016
madridguy:
Chai, Oyinbo, always ready for anything.
Unlike Nigeria wey be say Over 260 School girls go miss from school and we haven't found them.
Plane go crash we no fit explain.
Helicopter go fall inside lagoon. Nobody understands why.
Tanker will explode daily on the express. Roar safety will still say it is safe to drive.
NEPA will completely cease functioning in country, we will change name to PHCN and continue with the no light.
I guess Oyibos are always ready for anything.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by biz9ja(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2016
Proudly Yoruba.

See Kabiyesi PROMOTING OUR BEAUTIFUL CULTURE
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by Chidimba: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2016
And after this, he will go to church.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by allymarry89(f): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Naija9090 post=46806363]
Keep Shut! undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:16am On Jun 22, 2016
Chidimba:
And after this, he will go to church.

Be like you didn't see that he has already gone to Redeemed Church on Sunday before this one started.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by allymarry89(f): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2016
Naija9090:
I tired of all these disgracing of the country. Go and form your Oduo Republic and do your ancient things there...stop dragging us all especially SE and SS minus Edo, that don't believe in Obas, Emirs and Onis. This act alone I'm sure will cost taxpayers thousands of dollars to mobilize the firefighters and equipment for something uncalled for.

Obi of Onitsha explains role of traditional rulers in Nigeria for those overstepping their boundary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TrFEZT2lxk
Keep Shut! undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by 2baga(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2016
Pheals:
The firemen are also there in case

That is sango olukoso ! Ina loju ina lenu
Akata yeriye ! Ekun oko Oya ,oloju Orogbo

the 3rd Alafin of Oyo a great warrior

Nice one ! Lovely

Its nice having a good command of the oriki of the deities ....kudos
its an almost lost art form......

kudos once again
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by saintfrank(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2016
I guess after this ritual ceremony' they still go to church for Thanksgiving.........serving two master at the same time.....Una case dey heaven sha'''' tongue tongue embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2016
Some modern Sango who now employs pyrotechnics? Thought the fire came out from his mouth?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2016
emeijeh:
Dem don carry juju go Smithsonian inst. next stop is the Library of Congress. grin

Reminds me of that Bright Chimezie's song, where he was almost arrested for eating eba in 'obodo indi-ocha'

*indomie children will never understand*

Make them no go burn library by mistake. I no fit write American history O.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by SUGARDADDY55(m): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2016
Like seriously. Naija dey fall hand.

Hw many times ve u seen white men coming down to naija to perform their ritual custome.

Naija is not beautiful enough for him to perform it shey. Notice me
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2016
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olori Hadiza, Oba Elegushi's Second Wife Steps Out With N3M Clutch Bag (Photos) / Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.