Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* (2481 Views)

Nigeria Bottling Company Aptitude Test Invite / Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos) / Applications And User Support Engineers At Abuja Electricity Distribution Compan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Loonyy(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good day everyone in and outta of the house, please I humbly request your honest opinion on this thread as it has to do with a persons emotions and psyche , I need to know what's wrong with me! Is it that am doing something wrong,or I just don't qualify, or some other factor which I can't reason out , thus - am writing this piece to find out what the issue/issues might be. I graduated from the university with high hopes especially as my grade was a good one (Gods Grace made it possible), after the compulsive NYSC I was faced with the reality of the unemployment situation of the country, nevertheless I joined a business on the side with a friend of mine which has managed to pay my Bills up to this point, but all through this period(3 years), I have submitted over a 1000 applications through jobsites and referrals, registered with many job portals and agencies and companies but have not gotten even one invite for a test or interview!!! I Have combined both new and old tricks in books in my application processes yet to no avail. Please is it that those job adverts aren't real or .......
Please to all job seekers or applicants and those currently on paid employment I would like your advice and suggestions. Thanks and God Bless
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by talk2alabama: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
Foward these details

Name

Qualification(B.sc 2nd class upper)

Phone number

State of residence

Job type : Graduate trainee

To

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by anochuko01(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
and somebody wanted to force me to go for nysc... like they're dashing out jobs there. mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by horladmejy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bro sorry to disturb....which job is that and where the location....I have someone in need of it too...thanks.
talk2alabama:
Foward these details

Name

Qualification(B.sc 2nd class upper)

Phone number

State of residence

Job type : Graduate trainee

To

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by talk2alabama: 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
horladmejy:
Bro sorry to disturb....which job is that and where the location....I have someone in need of it too...thanks.
job location na delta and benin

Vacancies

Accountants

Business development officers

Graduate trainees

Client relationship officer

And other gbogbotigbo positions I can't remember wink
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by shrimati(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Loonyy:
Good day everyone in and outta of the house, please I humbly request your honest opinion on this thread as it has to do with a persons emotions and psyche , I need to know what's wrong with me! Is it that am doing something wrong,or I just don't qualify, or some other factor which I can't reason out , thus - am writing this piece to find out what the issue/issues might be. I graduated from the university with high hopes especially as my grade was a good one (Gods Grace made it possible), after the compulsive NYSC I was faced with the reality of the unemployment situation of the country, nevertheless I joined a business on the side with a friend of mine which has managed to pay my Bills up to this point, but all through this period(3 years), I have submitted over a 1000 applications through jobsites and referrals, registered with many job portals and agencies and companies but have not gotten even one invite for a test or interview!!! I Have combined both new and old tricks in books in my application processes yet to no avail. Please is it that those job adverts aren't real or .......
Please to all job seekers or applicants and those currently on paid employment I would like your advice and suggestions. Thanks and God Bless
Just be optimistic, it might not necessarily mean something is wrong with your CV nor your cover letter as the case may be.Most time CVs are selected on a random basis to reduce the number to a predetermined level for final selection. Most applicants chance of picking for inerview for every post applied for stands not up to 5 percent.
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by horladmejy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
talk2alabama:
job location na delta and benin

Vacancies

Accountants

Business development officers

Graduate trainees

Client relationship officer

And other gbogbotigbo positions I can't remember wink
bro what's the pay for graduate trainee and client relationship and which company is it sir?Pls help o
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by hardestyoung(m): 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
We are seeking only qualified candidates to fill the position of a sales promoter in our client outlets in Lagos.

What you need to know about our client:

Our client is included in the top 10 manufacturer of mobile phones globally.Every big international brand today is looking towards our client as the next big force in the making. Let’s just see our client contribution in the last 3 years to world.

 2014- Guiness record for slimmest smartphone of the world
 2015- World strongest battery smartphone with 6020mAh.
 2016- Dual whatsapp & Dual we chat account in single phone

Our client is one of the fastest growing mobile brand in the world with presence in over 50 countries and 4 continents.

20 Sales Promoters
Main duties for sales promoters:

• Provide excellent experience to customer and push our client sales in outlet
• Build a community of loyal our client customer
• Solve customer query/issues pertaining our client device or services
• Provide daily care & maintain tidiness of our client store.

Experience and Qualifications
• Up to one year similar work experience
• SSCE, OND, and NCE holder
• Smart and must have good knowledge of Android phone operation
• 18 years and above

Locations: Apapa, Festac, Alaba, Lekki, VI and Ajah

Interested candidates should kindly apply by sending cv to yinka@firstkatalystmarketing.com

Phone No: 08153527487, 08161610344
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by SalvageTraffic: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
Loonyy:

Hi,

I understand your plight.

However, there are some questions that need to be answered before adequate advice can be given.

What was your degree classification?

What degree?

What university? State or Federal, polytechnic or College of Education or Private? Not to demotivate anyone, but recruiters prefer Federal universities and some private universities.

Do you write your Cover Letter and CV yourself? Consider consulting the website contained in the link below. We are here to help. We would review everything free of charge and make the necessary changes free of charge!

Lastly, there are many fake jobs and jobsites around. Ours is safe and secure. Even the likes of Jobberman and Careers24 hardly get back to candidates!

Visit http://getemployednigeria1..com.ng/?m=1 or the website on the picture below for a free chat!

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Loonyy(m): 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
SalvageTraffic:

Hi,

I understand your plight.

However, there are some questions that need to be answered before adequate advice can be given.

What was your degree classification?

What degree?

What university? State or Federal, polytechnic or College of Education or Private? Not to demotivate anyone, but recruiters prefer Federal universities and some private universities.

Do you write your Cover Letter and CV yourself? Consider consulting the website contained in the link below. We are here to help. We would review everything free of charge and make the necessary changes free of charge!

Lastly, there are many fake jobs and jobsites around. Ours is safe and secure. Even the likes of Jobberman and Careers24 hardly get back to candidates!

Visit http://getemployednigeria1..com.ng/?m=1 or the website on the picture below for a free chat!

I hope this helps.
thanks Bro for the information, here is my CV
BSc in management
Second class upper division
Abia State university
Was the best graduated student in my Batch ooooops ,
Have done some training in. project management, operations management, sales fundamentals, personal selling, quickbook and Microsoft office suite
I stay in PHC
Will look up the site tho
Thanchu
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by ariyike25(f): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmm.........in the same shoe wif u,just dat I do get invite once in a while.......don't ve any work experience since I 2013 that I served! Submitted more that 1000 CV as d case may be, all my savings during NYSC have been spent on some irrelevant interviews (all this GNLD pple) before I was directed to check any interview msg on nairaland........God help speedily AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by delightz(m): 9:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Loonyy:
thanks Bro for the information, here is my CV
BSc in management
Second class upper division
Abia State university
Was the best graduated student in my Batch ooooops ,
Have done some training in. project management, operations management, sales fundamentals, personal selling, quickbook and Microsoft office suite
I stay in PHC
Will look up the site tho
Thanchu

ariyike25:
Hmmm.........in the same shoe wif u,just dat I do get invite once in a while.......don't ve any work experience since I 2013 that I served! Submitted more that 1000 CV as d case may be, all my savings during NYSC have been spent on some irrelevant interviews (all this GNLD pple) before I was directed to check any interview msg on nairaland........God help speedily AMEN

As hard as it may look.
Don't give up. I know the feeling, i was in that shoe befor. However, i have a couple of advice and strategies to give that could help you get the job invites you desire.

Send me a PM. Then we'll start from there

1 Like

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
Guy read all my posts, imagine after everyone comes back from work they will be asking me "did NEPA bring light today?" I can't just commit suicide.

5 Likes

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Evergreen4(m): 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
delightz:

As hard as it may look.
Don't give up. I know the feeling, i was in that shoe befor. However, i have a couple of advice and strategies to give that could help you get the job invites you desire.

Pls can I send u a pm too. I've been at home for 4yeare now. Since 2012. Plssss help
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by ademasta(m): 12:01am On Jun 23, 2016
Unemployment sha
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Ojestas(m): 12:04am On Jun 23, 2016
ymee:
Guy read all my posts, imagine after everyone comes back from work they will be asking me "did NEPA bring light today?" I can't just commit suicide.
Lol cheesy

That was evil!!!!
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by delightz(m): 12:11am On Jun 23, 2016
Evergreen4:
Pls can I send u a pm too. I've been at home for 4yeare now. Since 2012. Plssss help
You can send me PM.....
But Am not giving out jobs o
.....just going to give tips on geting interview invites after sending out your CV.
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by delightz(m): 12:17am On Jun 23, 2016
ymee:
Lol

I was like that.
Its a passing stage bro.
You will tell good stories soon.
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by amzee(m): 2:39am On Jun 23, 2016
delightz:

You can send me PM.....
But Am not giving out jobs o
.....just going to give tips on geting interview invites after sending out your CV.
Can i send a pm too?
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by health2wealth: 5:44am On Jun 23, 2016
Loonyy:
It may be that you do not belong to the poverty side or working class side of the Cash flow quadrant. While not look inward and join the thinking class who are investors and big business owners. You decision today will liberate your unborn children tomorrow.

In another news, Our firm health2Wealth (Victoria Island, Lagos), is recruiting. We are looking for individuals who can work as a healthy living partners. As a partner, you will be duly rewarded for performing simple task such as submitting proposal (offline or online) to companies, organizations and schools in your assigned area. You may also be assigned to deliver products to clients in your area if approved. Your remuneration will be based on your performance. Already, we have partners like you who earn up to N250,000 monthly within a short time of joining us even while working part-time.

This opportunity is open to anyone in any part of Nigeria. If you will like to learn further how this opportunity work, email your name, phone, email and location to info@health2wealth.com.ng
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 23, 2016
I can easily assume that more often than not you guys don't attach a cover to your CV. Or the Cover is just too long and boring!
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Loonyy(m): 6:41am On Jun 23, 2016
delightz:

As hard as it may look.

morning Bro thanks for your concerns
The Help is much appreciated
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Loonyy(m): 6:46am On Jun 23, 2016
DMeanMan:
I can easily assume that more often than not you guys don't attach a cover to your CV. Or the Cover is just too long and boring!
Good morning Bro, I may agree with you on this so pls here is a customised cover letter to a company n pls tell me how bad it is. Thanchu

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by delightz(m): 6:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Loonyy:
morning Bro thanks for your concerns, please I really dunno how the PM tingy works so am putting my contact information here :
2BC4A802
08037812083 whatsapp
Clins213@gmail.com
The Help is much appreciated
Thanchu
Seen.
You can remove your details now.
I will contact you.
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Find a mail I sent to a recruiter. I didn't even have to attach my CV. CC @loonyy

Hello Chisom,

I recently applied for the Plumbing and Fire Fighting Design Engineer position you advertised on Linkedin and I wanted to let you know how much of a great fit I think I am for the role.

I have over a year experience as a Building services engineer with a top international consulting firm, and I am presently handling Top Building Project within and outside the shores of the country.

I have a 2:1 in Mechanical engineering, AutoCAD Training with Covenant University and proven technical and professional support skills.

I will really appreciate an opportunity to interview for the role and maybe take you to dinner.....just kidding.

Thank you for your time Chisom, I look forward to hearing from you smiley.

Find the link to my linkedin profile below.
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 23, 2016
Hello Sir,

I write to apply for the Digital Driller position that was advertised on LinkedIn.

I am Surname Firstname , a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering degree holder with over two years post graduation work experience as a Trainee welding Engineer and Trainee service engineer.

I possess professional Training in 2D and 3D CAD applications including AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and Autodesk Revit MEP.

I am very enthusiastic about the advertised Digital driller position and the exciting career growth opportunities it comes with.

Kindly find attached a copy of my Curriculum Vitae and Certifications.

Regards,
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Before applying for any job, it is very important you go through the job requirements. It gives you a feel of what and who the recruiter or employer wants.

It is on that you build your application. What skill set are needed, what experience best sells you and all those shit.

Who the recruiter is too is, is very important.

The first cover I posted was to Chisom, a 20 something year old gorgeous cutie.

It'll be unnecessary to start calling her ma! So I addressed her by her first name and pushed my luck further to tell her I might take her on a date.

Who does that right?

grin grin
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 23, 2016
The deal here is to keep your cover letter simple, while highlighting your most desired skills and experience.
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Loonyy:
Good morning Bro, I may agree with you on this so pls here is a customised cover letter to a company n pls tell me how bad it is. Thanchu

I went through the Cover Letter and I ehhh...I have seen better ones.

Just be as simple as you can. And Please, don't send your cover letter as an attachment.

Always copy the content of the cover letter to the body of the mail.

Also attach your certificates. It help!
Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by SalvageTraffic: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2016
Loonyy:

Hi there,

I have gone through your CV and cover letter, and there are a number of changes that need to be made.

Your CV should be concise - The CAREER OVERVIEW and ATTRIBUTES sections should be taken off. Employers have to look through thousands of CVs, and they usually look at only the first page. On that first page and at a first glance of your CV, they should see your Education and Work experience.

You put your education further down (2nd page) which is just a NO NO!

You didn't put any skills profile! Why?? Also, endeavour to tailor your cover letter and CV to the job description. (We will be writing about that on our website soon).

Try and incorporate hobbies that are close to the job position you are applying to. For example, Graduate Software Developer should be something like "I like coding and currently run a coding website". Points like that!

Also, a rule of thumb - Never post a statement without backing it up whether on your cover letter or CV. For example, "I am able to work creatively and independently, with minimal supervision" was the first attribute on your CV. How do I really know that's true? The best approach is "I am able to work creatively and independently, with minimal supervision, as seen from my retail manager position, when I used my own initiative in making a decision that gained the company 40 new customers". YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO BACK IT UP! That said, you should remove the ATTRIBUTES and CAREER OVERVIEW Sections. I just used that as an example!

Your cover letter also needs changes!

First of all, you didn't include the address of the company your are applying to.

Also, your cover letter is not rich! You need to include an opening paragraph about how you got to know about the vacancy, and your "undergraduate/graduate status" including your degree, and current degree classification (2.1, 2.1 and so on).

Second paragraph should state why you want the job and why the company. Third paragraph should state why you should be hired, and fourth paragraph should conclude.

At the end, you put this "P.S. I hope you won’t mind if i follow up on Friday in case i haven’t gotten any response by then". Take if off! It makes you look desperate. You can contact the company without stating it on your cover letter.

Also, you used "Yours Sincerely" (s should be small letter) and you don't know the addressee; you should have used "Yours faithfully".

You didn't really use punctuation in your cover letter and your font is not great, I will recommend Arial, or Calibri if you want to save space.

We will need to check your spelling and grammar.

We can do all the necessary adjustments for free! We want you to get a job. So use our contact form to get in touch, and we can bring you many steps closer to landing your dream job!

Access our contact form by visiting the link in the picture below.

I hope this helps. cheesy

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2016
delightz:
Lol
I was like that. Its a passing stage bro. You will tell good stories soon.
My brother its terrible. I pray God pick my call on tym

1 Like

Re: Over A 1000 Applications And No Invite! H*E*L*P* by sim1989(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2016
Nairalanders have given you good suggestions so far. but i will like to add that you need to work on your cv and cover letter as suggested but you need to continue to apply. you should not give up until you succeed in landing that dream job. if there are seminars around you on how to improve your job searching i will implore you to attend. Are you on LinkedIn? if not register today and start networking with the ogas at the top(HR professionals). You can also contact the recruitment agencies in your area, they could be of help too. i wish you success in your job search.
Loonyy:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Job Vacancies For Engineers In Nigeria At Neconde Energy Limited, July 22 / Is Your CV Impressive? Then... / Employ Me Without Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.