Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area (39091 Views)

European Union To Ban Using Insecticides To Kill Bees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Funjosh(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hello good evening Nairalanders please I noticed swarm of bees around a tree in our compounds and don't know how to send them packing because of the children around. People that are seeing it are saying they are dangerous, please what can we do about it

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Funjosh(m): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hearing some scary stories about this creatures do we have anybody that got experience in handling them

Cc dominique

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Explorers(m): 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
Do you beekeepers or farmer around you?

Swarming is the process by which a new honey bee colony is formed when the queen bee leaves the colony with a large group of worker bees. In the prime swarm, about 60% of the worker bees leave the original hive location with the old queen. This swarm can contain thousands to tens of thousands of bees.

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Humulity: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
let the children go in luck up all doors and window.

- set a huge fire underneath the hive. Be carefull not to disturb them as you prepare the fire; if you do sorry o.
As you do this cover your self wella. If what am seeing in this picture attack it will be disasterous. You can also get fumigators to handle it.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Explorers(m): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
Humulity:
let the children go in luck up all doors and window.

- set a huge fire underneath the hive. Be carefull not to disturb them as you prepare the fire; if you do sorry o.
As you do this cover your self wella. If what am seeing in this picture attack it will be disasterous. You can also get fumigators to handle it.

Spraying will provoke them.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by ricsman(m): 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
hate of fire will send them away.... burn the tree down

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Funjosh(m): 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Explorers:
Do you beekeepers or farmer around you?

Swarming is the process by which a new honey bee colony is formed when the queen bee leaves the colony with a large group of worker bees. In the prime swarm, about 60% of the worker bees leave the original hive location with the old queen. This swarm can contain thousands to tens of thousands of bees.

with what am seeing and my raw estimation they should more than a thosand. I dont know any bee keeper around.

1 Like

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Alexandro15: 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
But where were you when they were building the hive. Or you mean to tell me you have not been seeing this hive growing bigger day by day

You can search for bee farmers. They removed a bee hive near my compound in my village . Don't heed anyone telling you to do-it-yourself. Its very dangerous. Let experienced people take care of it. Their pay might even be the honey comb

Lalasticlala , front page please

30 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Dolazee(f): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
Leave the house tongue tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Neduzze5(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
Leave them, they would relocate very soon, probably before the end of the day.

It has happened to me before... They settled around an orange tree in my compound. I was even happy to see them because I learnt so much about them in school.

Unfortunately, the next time I came out of the house to have a look at them, they had disappeared.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by iyke484real(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
grin you want to send them packing... to where bye the way? Ain't they also A member of the zoo? Abi there is racism in the zoo ni

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Employ experts to construct a bee hive for you immediately... Those bees can make u richer

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Use ur hand to kill them

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by willyo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
U hate honey?

3 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by basingstoke: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
Just give them time, they will go. after that, then enjoy the honey they will leave behind

6 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by banme1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ur mates de rear bees. U de look for way to send them away. Receive sense.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
nawaoo

1 Like

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
You should have rather asked for "help" on knowledge to convert a Good opportunity to money spinning business. Honey making is a multi dollars business if you don't know. God just answered your new year requests and prayers but you knew it not

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by candidbabe(f): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
Op it seems you hate money. Hmmmm Pure honey is very
difficult to come by these days.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by buharisbae(f): 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
Op just use ur hand and scatter them And thank me later tongue

32 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by STALINN: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin Time to start Honey hornny business wink

Expert advice, start a small fire not close to the bees the smoke will drive them. Thank me later cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by claremont(m): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
Set up a bee hive, you are already looking at bees working for you to make honey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by dayleke: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by timilehin007(m): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
Fumigate that tree

2 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Cherishing(f): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
With what seeing seeing ...

Run

I

Say

Run

For

Ya

Life

And

Don't

Look

Back

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by buharisbae(f): 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
mm

1 Like

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nonybb: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
Buhari and his demons

9 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by winkmart: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
GOOD SIGN.... MONEY IS COMING

2 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by publicenemy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Funjosh:
Hello good evening Nairalanders please I noticed swarm of bees around a tree in our compounds and don't know how to send them packing because of the children around. People that are seeing it are saying they are dangerous, please what can we do about it

Chase them away with a short broom.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Sorry

Time to chop honey. Be patient with them. Dont provoke them, they wont provoke you.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by neolboy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Honey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Swarm Of Bees Around Residential Area by kikies(m): 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
A bee stung me back den in skool, I passed out with a swollen body
I fear dis tins..........d guy who said light a fire underneath them is right
Dat shld send den packing jst b careful because if den vex,it can b disastrous

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Man Built An Aircraft Training Replica In Adamawa (Photos) / World's Most Amazing Ship. / Meet Temitope Ogunsemo, Founder Of Krystal Digital, A $3 Million Edtech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.