Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy (903 Views)

How To Start Your Solar Energy Business In Nigeria / Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros Today 27/04/2017 / Advice On Solar Energy Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by NigeriaToday: 9:47am On Jun 23, 2016
One million solar power installations now dot the nation’s rooftops and landscape. There were just a thousand such projects 16 years ago. Even with solar installations surpassing 1 million, the road to a carbon-zero energy economy is still long and daunting.

MIT professor Jessika Trancik talks to Inside Climate News about the role expanding solar energy capacity plays in a balanced low-carbon energy economy. "What storage can do is convert these intermittent resources into power plants that can provide energy on demand," Trancik of MIT told InsideClimate News. "In terms of the public policies needed right now, we do need continued support for the growth of renewables and a really big push on developing energy storage."

http://fyi.com.ng/america-now-has-27-2-gigawatts-of-solar-energy-what-does-that-mean/
Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by rummeh: 9:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Wow.. Jus solar??... What of Nuclear, nd hydro?
Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by mrvitalis(m): 10:05am On Jun 23, 2016
NigeriaToday:
One million solar power installations now dot the nation’s rooftops and landscape. There were just a thousand such projects 16 years ago. Even with solar installations surpassing 1 million, the road to a carbon-zero energy economy is still long and daunting.

MIT professor Jessika Trancik talks to Inside Climate News about the role expanding solar energy capacity plays in a balanced low-carbon energy economy. "What storage can do is convert these intermittent resources into power plants that can provide energy on demand," Trancik of MIT told InsideClimate News. "In terms of the public policies needed right now, we do need continued support for the growth of renewables and a really big push on developing energy storage."

http://fyi.com.ng/america-now-has-27-2-gigawatts-of-solar-energy-what-does-that-mean/
At what cost please??
Get that fact then u will know why it can't work here
The truth is if we had the money.. . We would have constant light

2 Likes

Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2016
Why won't they be world power, when their leaders are just after their joy.

You know the best part. Some part of Africa do get year round sunshine unlike them. Yet, look at what they're doing.

GOD HELP US
Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by NigeriaToday: 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
mrvitalis:

At what cost please??
Get that fact then u will know why it can't work here
The truth is if we had the money.. . We would have constant light

Don't be one of those who have not discovered that Nigerians get the worst for the highest prices. A village of 160 people in Germany produce their own power and not only that, they sell power to the grid.

If you find out how much the project cost them, you will be shocked your state has spent more than that on generators.

4 Likes

Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by henryutd(m): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
How is this my business? EEDC got 107mega watts today and no hope for light. Not even a blink.
Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by rozayx5(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
NigeriaToday:

Don't be one of those who have not discovered that Nigerians get the worst for the highest prices. A village of 160 people in Germany produce their own power and not only that, they sell power to the grid.

If you find out how much the project cost them, you will be shocked your state has spent more than that on generators.

Nigeria has spent billions on fuel daily

1 Like

Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by 2sexycom(m): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
rozayx5:

Nigeria has spent billions on fuel daily
I know how much I spend for my gen everyday. Not talk for business or top corporate organizations.

I think it's time to start researching on this solar power of a thing. And I sold USGreenEnergy.com not long ago smiley
Re: America Now Has 27.2 Gigawatts Of Solar Energy by aloeman15(m): 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Have you thought of discussing with your neighbors about installing solar or biogas?
We all know that govt can't do it, yet we insist on doing the same things year in, year out- complaining and insulting.
Isn't that the definition of madness?!
What would happen if all of you living on your street contribute 5k monthly for 3-5years towards a power project?
Do you think you'll still be blaming govt?
Lala, mods- front page abeg.
2sexycom:
I know how much I spend for my gen everyday. Not talk for business or top corporate organizations.

I think it's time to start researching on this solar power of a thing. And I sold USGreenEnergy.com not long ago smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Gift From The Founder Of Autoagent NG To All Nairalanders And Entrepreneurs / My Children Won't Get A Penny From My £70bn Fortune - Bill Gates / Nigeria Emerges 5th Largest Insurance Market In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.