Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Beware Of Godless Mobile Malware That Exploits Your Device - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Beware Of Godless Mobile Malware That Exploits Your Device (602 Views)

Leaked Exploits Are Legit And Belong To NSA / RAT Mentoring, RAT Setup, Portforward, Exploits, Spreading... / Removing Malware Or Virus From Your Itel Device Or Any Other Without Resetting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Godless Mobile Malware That Exploits Your Device by Simeon4real(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2016

Recently, Google play store has been proned to more Malware attack. A lot of Malware programs are continuously making its way to the Android Application market which injects the user’s device with a set of Malware instructions.

The most recent Malware attack is the Mobile Malware program called “Godless”

Godless is reminiscent of an exploit
kit, in that it uses an open-source
rooting framework called android-
rooting-tools. The said framework has various exploits in its arsenal that can be used to root various Android-based devices. The two most prominent vulnerabilities targeted by this kit are CVE-2015-3636 (used by the
PingPongRoot exploit) and
CVE-2014-3153 (used by the
Towelroot exploit). The remaining
exploits are deprecated and relatively unknown even in the security community.
Trend Micro
Godless can target virtually any
Android device running on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) or earlier. Almost 90% of Android devices run on affected versions that is proned to Godless attack . Other malicious apps related to this threat
can be found in prominent app stores, including Google Play, and has affected over 850,000 devices worldwide.

Global distribution of Godless - affected devices
Upon installation on an android device, Godless will seek to gain root access to your device and then the malware can then receive remote instructions on which app to download and silently install on mobile devices without the user’s permission .

This can then lead to affected users receiving unwanted apps, which may then lead to unwanted ads. Even worse, these threats can also be used to install backdoors and spy on users.

How to stay safe:
Since Godless is gotten by installing infected Malware apps on playstore, It is strongly recommended that you always check and verify the developer of the application to be sure it is not affected.

Also, I recommend you use Eset Mobile Antivirus as it could detect and block installation of malicious applications.

Beware of GODLESS

PLEASE share this post to inform others.

source: http://www.vistablog9ja.com.ng/beware-of-godless-mobile-malware-that-exploits-your-device/
Re: Beware Of Godless Mobile Malware That Exploits Your Device by Simeon4real(m): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
Please share. Thanks
Re: Beware Of Godless Mobile Malware That Exploits Your Device by Solese: 6:33am On Jun 25, 2016
U are damp right. I got d experience with my formal infinix hot 2 pro. It's really frustrating. I downloaded stubborn trojan killer wit super user app root d phone bfor I could use for a wk. Whatever those are' it's evil. I learn it's was developed by China developer.. it's will operates and started downloading till ur data got exhausted and ur memory jam pad. U typing a message and this witch virus will either browsing or playing game, advertising or even hang ur phone : u will almost smash d phone. I was at phone repair when a guy come around with affected phone and complain it's faulty, d engineer check it and ask d guy to flash d phone when I look at it its even replecate and multiple more than d inbuilt. I explain to d guy that flash wont help. I explained d likely procedure but d guy was really frustrated and discourage so he left.

(1) (Reply)

A Floating School In Nigeria Has Collapsed After Getting Battered / Popular Blogger Donvin Joins Illuminati. See His Pictures / Partial Eclipse Hit Ogun State. ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.