Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,323 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

It’s All In Your Head - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It’s All In Your Head (401 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It’s All In Your Head by fourpoints(m): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
Went to the zoo the other day and what I saw there really amazed me. At a corner of the zoo stood an house with “shark tent” written boldly on it. Curiously, I entered the house, there I saw some people shouting in amazement. I moved closer to catch a glimpse of what they were watching, and low and below they were watching how a shark was devouring little fishes.

So this was how it works. A zoo attendant placed a shark into a pool and then threw several smaller fishes into the pool. The shark as expected was happy and ate all the poor little fishes leaving none to spare. Then, from above a thick piece of see through glass was inserted into the pool, thereby creating two partitions and allowing the shark to be on one side of the pool. The zoo attendant then threw smaller fishes into the other side of the pool where the shark was not occupying. The shark attacked but it slammed into the glass which bounced it off. Determined, the shark still continued attacking but was unsuccessful after forty-five minutes the shark gave up. Each time, the zoo attendant threw fishes into the pool the shark got more aggressive and wanted to break through the other side. Finally, the shark got weak and stopped attacking.
Then, within a split second, the see through glass was removed and you won’t believe the shark did not attack. The shark still believed that the barrier still existed between it and the small fish and it did not bother swimming towards them. The smaller fishes swam in there area happily free from harm.

Moral:

A lot of us after facing huge setbacks tend to withdraw and stop giving our best. Just like the shark we believe that if we were unsuccessful in the past then we will fail, then we stop trying. We should stop seeing barrier because in reality no barrier exists between our present position and where we plan to be in the future.

Source: http://ridenattyride.com/2016/05/26/its-all-in-your-head/

(1) (Reply)

Rules For Flash Fiction. / If Rain Drop Were Kissess. A Must Read / Whatsapp Micro-bloggers Wanted (freelance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.