Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos (750 Views)

Transformer Vandal Escapes Death After Being Electrocuted While Trying To Steal / Man Shot And Hacked To Death By Cultists In Renewed Gang War In Calabar. Photos / Filling Station Manager Hacked To Death With Axes In Cross River. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos by anukulapo: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2016
A cult gang war has consumed the life of a teenager after he was hacked to death by suspect a rival gang after a football match at the Campos Square in Lagos Island, Lagos State, Punch report.

The incident which happened at the Palm Church/Aroloya Junction on the Lagos Island, on Wednesday, was said to have been as a result of a riot that broke out between the two gangs.

It was gathered that the teenage cultists, armed with machetes, cutlasses, bottles and other dangerous weapons, were returning from the football match which was played at the Campos Stadium around 1am, when a fight broke out between two factions.

The victim, who was identified as Gulf 2, and a spectator at the match, was chased from the stadium to Aroloya Street where he was killed.

The football match, it was learnt, was part of the community’s football competition played at the stadium.

After the killing of the teenager, there was pandemonium as a free for all fight ensued between members of the gangs before policemen from the Adeniji Adele Police Division were drafted to the scene and they managed to restore calm.

A resident who identified himself as Kareem Popoola, said nobody knew the name or the family members of the slain boy, adding that the fight was over some bottles of drink which the boys shared after the match.

“There was a competition at the stadium. The football matches were usually played between 1am and 4am. The stadium was lighted because of the match. Policemen were usually outside. The fight started after a match on Wednesday.

Some teenagers were drinking and the fans of the other team came to their side and poured their drinks away. I do not know who won the match. So, the two groups started fighting. Gulf 2 and some other boys were pursued to Aroloya Street.

They hurled stones at their victims and the boy fell. That was how they hacked him to death. We put a distress call to the Adeniji Adele Divisional Police Officer, who came around with his men, but the teenagers ran away when they saw police vans."

"These boys do not live on our streets. The oldest among them is around 17 years old. They do not rob, but they walk about in the night, smoking hemp and fighting one another. As adults, we are also afraid of them. There is always bloodshed anywhere they fight."

CC: OAM4J, Mynd44
Re: Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos by anukulapo: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2016
Football match by 1:00 am. That's great. They have parents I suppose. SMH. Na so football important reach. Mtchewww
Re: Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos by rummeh: 10:07am On Jun 24, 2016
Where pictures??
Re: Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos by Dezolo(f): 11:51am On Jun 24, 2016
angry exactly why I hate football!
Re: Teenager Hacked To Death After Football Game In Lagos by anukulapo: 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
rummeh:
Where pictures??
Pictures
I nor get pissure. Na me go come carry myself go snap pissure for mid night among violent teens?
Even punch nor get pissure for the news.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Shoots 9-months Pregnant Woman (photos) / #savemayowa... Scammer Creates Fake Gofundme Account Of Mayowa To Swindle People / Color Codes To Wear To School...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.