Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected (44274 Views)

Unbiased Observations From The Opening Weekend Of The EPL. / My Predictions For The Epl/La liga/Ucl 2016/2017 Season / THE EPL FANZONE (thread For All Epl Fans, Haters And Immigrants) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by bakynes(m): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
I have always known this white British people are their own worst enemy. They voted to opt out cause of Immigration, they didnt want the polish, bulgarians and the Romanians to troop into their country. They complain every immigrant is taking their jobs, but the jobs blacks and these citizens of eastern blocks do, a british person sees it as shit or dirty job. Now investors will pull out and your currency will nosedive. Top players from the EU countries will not be attracted to come play in britain cause they would be making less than what they should ordinarily earn in their countries and other EU countries. TV deals and rights will be gone and the EPL we have all enjoyed will be dominated by home grown English players that are overhyped for playing rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by wristbangle: 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
mysticgal:

Thank you for explaining it to me jare kiss

smiley

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by vital94(m): 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
A vote against muslim migrants and refugees.brexit just want to avoid future terror attacks.think about it.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by IYANGBALI: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Wetin concern me. Abeg mod you get gold circle condoms? I need two packs
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
DesChyko:
From the business point of view, they will be affected. But in as much as the league goes on as expected, they won't be affected much. If clubs like Monaco, Galatasaray, Shaktar Donetsk etc can rise to prominence periodically, despite not being in top leagues and not being EU members, I see no reason why the EPL will fall overnight.

The British pound has been big influence on the Euro....so the scenario here is quite diff. from the above.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by shiftback: 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
They just reclaimed their borders, shikena.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by simiolu1(m): 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

numbers don't lie bro. go ahead and educate us better. from intelligence, to donations to the eu, jobs and migrants it's all the same story. av been following it for a longtime so I know what am saying.

For many years, Britain and Germany were the only significant net contributors to the EU budget. Now, however, there are ten countries who pay more in than they get back.
In terms of total contribution, Britain remains the second biggest payer behind Germany.
But when each contributor’s payment is divided by the number of people in the country, Britain sinks down the table.
On a per-head basis, Britons are the eighth-biggest contributors to the EU. The biggest payers are the Dutch: every one them sends almost four times as much to Brussels.

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by emmykk(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
neocortex:

You don't qualify to say that since you are not a briton,
Britain will surely lose in many fronts but it is their choice
so they solely will bear the consequence.
lay man explaination be like if lagos want to leave nigeria.

What do yo think will happen?
Non lagosian will be repariating their investment to their state of orign.

Most of govt job will be done in such away that you are lagosian before you can work.

Lagos govt will be charging other non indigene for certain things.

There will be restriction of movement since visa will be demanded from nor indigene.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by DesChyko: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Srallens:
. But the clubs you mentioned are owned bt European nations. Or don't u understand wat Brexit means?

Russia, Ukraine, Monaco, Belarus and Turkey are all European nations but are not members of European Union. Brexit is just a tag for UK leaving the European Union. But they are still in the continent of Europe i.e, an European Nation.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by MrTour: 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
The UK focused on Immigration and pushed for a Referendum, the UK failed to acknowledge the fact that immigrants have already trooped in and settled. These immigrants are such as some Eastern Europeans who come from low paid countries and of course the other set of migrants who invade a country with their 4th generation family members all living under one roof.

These migrants are giving birth like a bunch of chickens on heat, the children's children are multiplying and honestly there is nothing the British government can do about it. It is rather too late or better late than never.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by tayo200(m): 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
walahi I no understand a tin
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 12:28am On Jun 25, 2016
timilehing:
Seems Nigeria still has bucket full of hopes.

But why is the £ appreciating against the Naira when it's loosing its value to other currencies undecided
Did you check how the market closed yesterday. The fall of the Pounds Sterling just started on Friday(yesterday)
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:48am On Jun 25, 2016
simiolu1:

For many years, Britain and Germany were the only significant net contributors to the EU budget. Now, however, there are ten countries who pay more in than they get back.
In terms of total contribution, Britain remains the second biggest payer behind Germany.
But when each contributor’s payment is divided by the number of people in the country, Britain sinks down the table.
On a per-head basis, Britons are the eighth-biggest contributors to the EU. The biggest payers are the Dutch: every one them sends almost four times as much to Brussels.
I never said they were the largest contributors oo. anyways you said yourself they are one the largest contributors and they feel they are not getting out of the deal and they that's why they vote leave. cheers
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by quickly: 6:00am On Jun 25, 2016
every since germany allowed 1m syrian muslims looking for aslyum in a european union that cannot protect its border.

Those ppl dey vex football is only played on sat and sunday

and meanwhile most of the tv money for epl comes from outside eu like naija clowns who pay dstv and dstv pay epl.

Nigeria shd develop their league so they can have a tv deal
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Srallens(m): 7:10am On Jun 25, 2016
DesChyko:

Russia, Ukraine, Monaco, Belarus and Turkey are all European nations but are not members of European Union. Brexit is just a tag for UK leaving the European Union. But they are still in the continent of Europe i.e, an European Nation.
. Ok.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Dollyak(f): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2016
grandstar:
The Brexit was the daftest move Britain has made in decades.

It was simply a vote against immigration and nothing else.

U.K is awash with E.U migrants.

These migrants, up to 3m, are a hardworking lot and do steal jobs from the lazy British kids who take their opportunity for granted.

Truth is that there are enough jobs to go round.

The Brexit will discourage foriegn investment into the U.K.

But a weaker pound may boost manufacturing exports, a sector in which the Brits don't shine much. Their strength is in International finance.

For the Brits to do well from a Brexit, they may need to bribe companies through taX cuts and other breaks.

There aren't enough job to go around, which in addition to lower wages, is one of the many reasons behind brexit. In addition, a free access to Eu workers has led to a social and financial neglect of the British people. Brexit is undoubtedly the wrong choice in the short term, but it remains to be seen how everything pans out in the medium and long term. Eu policy is too restrictive and wasn't going to work in the first place.

Lastly, for a Brexit to do well they need to start producing more world class products.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by simiolu1(m): 8:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Cuteamigo1:

I never said they were the largest contributors oo. anyways you said yourself they are one the largest contributors and they feel they are not getting out of the deal and they that's why they vote leave. cheers

You said and I quote "numbers don't lie bro. go ahead and educate us better. from intelligence, to donations to the eu, jobs and migrants it's all the same story. av been following it for a longtime so I know what am saying."

And I only tried to educate you better and attached the numbers to it. Datsall
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by simiolu1(m): 8:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Dollyak:

There aren't enough job to go around, which in addition to lower wages, is one of the many reasons behind brexit. In addition, a free access to Eu workers has led to a social and financial neglect of the British people. Brexit is undoubtedly the wrong choice in the short term, but it remains to be seen how everything pans out in the medium and long term. Eu policy is too restrictive and wasn't going to work in the first place.

Lastly, for a Brexit to do well they need to start producing more world class products.

This issue isn't that of Britain alone... Donald Trump is using same tactics in the US and that's why he's so popular. Truth is the average British citizen considers the jobs the Eastern Europe migrants do as "dirty". Also, these migrants would do the skilled labour work a Briton would do for so much less. As an employer whose aim is to maximise profit, who would you employ?

It is estimated that USA has lost between 1.5-3 million jobs since manufacturers like Apple, HP, Dell, etc decided to outsource manufacturing to Asia. Now Donald Trump says and I quote “They’re stealing our jobs; they’re beating us in everything; they’re winning, we’re losing.” These sentiments have struck a chord with many struggling Americans, particularly those in the unemployed and underemployed working class and that makes a major part of his fan base.

Would the Americans be stupid like Britons and make Donald President? Only time will tell
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:57am On Jun 25, 2016
simiolu1:

You said and I quote "numbers don't lie bro. go ahead and educate us better. from intelligence, to donations to the eu, jobs and migrants it's all the same story. av been following it for a longtime so I know what am saying."

grin
simiolu1:

owk thanks
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by grandstar(m): 9:02am On Jun 25, 2016
Dollyak:

The manufacturing sector will do well from a Brexit as it will make the pound weaker. A strong pound as adversely affected manufacturing.

The short term problem is uncertainty which will deter investments unless Britain retains full access to the EU market without tariffs. This Britain should focus on immediately. That It will enjoy the best of both worlds.

There will be a restriction on immigration especially benefits but this will be done with great care as 1.2m Brits live in EU countries.

Yes, there are not enough jobs to go round even though unemployment levels are low. Wages are bound to rise once immigration nosedives.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by joe17: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2016
grandstar:

The manufacturing sector will do well from a Brexit as it will make the pound weaker. A strong pound as adversely affected manufacturing.

The short term problem is uncertainty which will deter investments unless Britain retains full access to the EU market without tariffs. This Britain should focus on immediately. That It will enjoy the best of both worlds.

There will be a restriction on immigration especially benefits but this will be done with great care as 1.2m Brits live in EU countries.

Yes, there are not enough jobs to go round even though unemployment levels are low. Wages are bound to rise once immigration nosedives.
Those white folks are selfish, this is nothing more than votes against immigrants after all the exploitation colonialism of half the world. Watch them get all they want out eu through "negotiations" while they lock up their gate.

1 Like

Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by grandstar(m): 10:35am On Jun 25, 2016
joe17:
Those white folks are selfish, this is nothing more than votes against immigrants after all the exploitation colonialism of half the world. Watch them get all they want out eu through "negotiations" while they lock up their gate.

Funny thing is that the anger is majorly against white immigration from Central Europe.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by simiolu1(m): 10:49am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by jude90(m): 11:09am On Jun 25, 2016
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by joe17: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2016
grandstar:

Funny thing is that the anger is majorly against white immigration from Central Europe.
inferiority complex and xenophobic mindset. Competitions scare them like hell. Btw it's because the ease with which they detect and discriminate against those from other regions e.g African is almost not applicable to those from Central Europe, they mingle easily and that scares them the more. Imagine after knowing u ar a ctizen they will still ask "u originally from?"
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by tonio2wo: 1:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
timilehing:
Seems Nigeria still has bucket full of hopes.

But why is the £ appreciating against the Naira when it's loosing its value to other currencies undecided
Because a dullard is ruling us.
Re: Brexit: How The EPL Will Be Affected by themanderon: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
I think we have bigger fish to fry down here biaexit and Ndexit. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: Carabao Cup (1 -2) On 30th October 2019 / Real Madrid Wins 2021/2022 UEFA Champions League Trophy (Pictures) / Barclays English Premier League's 2017/2018 Fixtures Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.