Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

What Muhammad Ali’s Quotes Taught Me About Running A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Muhammad Ali’s Quotes Taught Me About Running A Business (642 Views)

Hauwa Indimi To Wed Muhammad Yar'adua (Pre-Wedding Photos) / The Legal Considerations Of Running A Fintech Startup In Nigeria / Dr A.M Ali-madani Visits Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Muhammad Ali’s Quotes Taught Me About Running A Business by Mcwrath02: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
When starting a new business a lot of things come into play, such as hard work, smart work, money, sometimes mentorship and it may seem like it adds little or nothing, words of inspiration from people that surround you go a long way in giving you that extra buzz to reach your goals.
I never met Muhammad Ali but his influence on people near and far, including me, was immense. I never saw him fight live but stories and old videos make up what I know about boxing’s greatest. It was clear that a lot of his fights started way before he got in the ring with his opponent.
Ali was a stickler for preparation and he realized something a lot of his opponents didn’t: That a boxing match wasn’t just a physical fight but a mental and psychological one and for that reason Ali made it a point to intimidate, confuse, confound his opponents way before he got in the ring with them. A lot of these lessons I have tried to apply in life and career and while some have worked, some haven’t but they all make really great lessons from The Greatest Boxer.
Quitting Is For Losers
http://farabaleweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/nigeria-working-people.jpg
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”

Starting a new business is nowhere near easy; it takes courage, resilience and consistency to build a brand that can stand the test of time. Many a times the thought of abandoning a project for a new one comes to mind. But if you remain focused and keep working hard you shall rip the fruits of your labour.

Do Your Research And Homework
http://farabaleweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/hustle1.jpg
“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”

Before jumping into any business, a lot of research should go into it, do a background check about the business to know if it is what you can handle or not. It saves you from chaos when you eventually step into the ring to compete against others who are already running the business.
For The Rest, Click Here - http://farabaleweekly.com/2016/06/22/what-muhammad-alis-quotes-taught-me-about-running-a-business/
Re: What Muhammad Ali’s Quotes Taught Me About Running A Business by youngest85(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
hmmmm....

Alli manhood lives on

(1) (Reply)

Hire Purchase / Street Hawking: Buyers And Sellers To Pay N90,000 Or 6 Months In Jail / Let's Be Part Of Your Fiverr Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.