Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? (882 Views)

4g Lte Router For All Nigerian Network-ntel/swift/spectranet/airtel/9mobile/mtn/ / 4g Lte Router For All Nigerian Network-ntel/swift/spectranet/airtel/9mobile/mtn/ / 5.reasons Why GLO Is Better Than Other Nigeria Network Providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by francizy(m): 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
After being scammed severally by Glo, I decided to ditch my Glo sim card for Airtel only for me to realize that I'm about to be scammed once again.

Yesterday, I subscribed for the Airtel N1,500 for 3GB data. This was after I called their customer care and I was told about their plans (N1,000 for 1.5GB and N1,500 for 3GB). I thought to myself, rather than going for N1,000 that gives only 1.5GB, I rather choose the N1,500 for 3GB data. Note, on no account did their customer care agent tell me that the N1,500 for 3GB was actually a scam on android and allows one access to only 1.5GB of data. If I were told this, then I'd not be foolish to choose such a sham bundle.

I downloaded some YouTube Videos within just a night and all my downloads worth is 1.34GB (right now, all my browsing session as shown by my phone is worth 1.48GB) of which my phone confirms it (pictures below). Only for me to check my data at 7am this morning to see that my data which Airtel confirmed to me was a 3GB package had dropped to 167MB.

Wondering when 3GB - 1.34GB amounted to 167MB. Then I placed a call at the airtel customer care. At those morning periods, I called them twice and they assured me that the issue is being worked on and will be resolved only for me to call them this night and was told I have exhausted my data. Now they are telling me the package works differently on android. Something I was never told before my subscription. I tried my possible best to explain to them that they've just scammed me while they were trying their best to confuse me on why I should believe that they did the right thing by scamming me.

Attached below are the snaps I took from my phone data usage information.

I hope this gets to front page because we are being stepped on by these organizations on regular basis and knowing fully well, that the body that is supposed to be monitoring them is just there for the purpose of paying salaries to some inactive set of individuals, these network providers have decided to scam us with utmost disregard.

CC.. Lalasticlala, Seun, Obinoscopy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by yemsai(f): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2016
My broda..naso we c am o..na only God go help us.. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by Proffdada: 12:29am On Jun 25, 2016
only Glo is accurate on billing
hairtell is run by crafty indians

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by francizy(m): 5:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Proffdada:
only Glo is accurate on billing
hairtell is run by crafty indians

Believe me, glo placed me on some stuff that had been taken #50 from my line on weekly basis for over a year. Apart from that, the last two subscriptions I made with glo, I didn't use up to half of the first one (lost 2.3GB) while the last one made me loose 1.7GB, all due to their terrible network (they could just switch off their 3G connection and bang, it stays off for more than a week and one can't access the internet for those periods.

Now that I've realized Airtel is as much a scam as glo, I'm switching to MTN (for my glo line, I'm porting it to etisalat).

yemsai:
My broda..naso we c am o..na only God go help us.. cool

My dear, God can't help us while we sidown dey look. We ought to help ourselves. It starts with you and I. If only we can start up the campaign online and force these crafty organizations to treat us better. These crooks definitely can't do all this in developed countries and even some African countries and walk free. It's only in Nigeria that anything goes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by yemsai(f): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2016
francizy:

Believe me, glo placed me on some stuff that had been taken #50 from my line on weekly basis for over a year. Apart from that, the last two subscriptions I made with glo, I didn't use up to half of the first one (lost 2.3GB) while the last one made me loose 1.7GB, all due to their terrible network (they could just switch off their 3G connection and bang, it stays off for more than a week and one can't access the internet for those periods.

Now that I've realized Airtel is as much a scam as glo, I'm switching to MTN (for my glo line, I'm porting it to etisalat).

My dear, God can't help us while we sidown dey look. We ought to help ourselves. It starts with you and I. If only we can start up the campaign online and force these crafty organizations to treat us better. These crooks definitely can't do all this in developed countries and even some African countries and walk free. It's only in Nigeria that anything goes.
True sha...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by techlive2018: 4:57am On Apr 25, 2018

Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 25, 2018
Sad
Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 25, 2018
francizy:

Very True.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Network Providers Good At Scamming Subscribers? by millomaniac: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2018
Because Nigeria is a shithole country with a terrorist government.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HTC ONE M8 (developer Edition) For Sale / Epson L220 Inkjet Multifunction Printer ( Print,scan And Photocopy) / NEW YEAR Laptop Deals! Come In Here...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.