Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Chicken Wine Sauce- An Alternative To Tomatoes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chicken Wine Sauce- An Alternative To Tomatoes (810 Views)

N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos / 5 Nigerian Stews, Sauces You Can Make Without Tomatoes / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chicken Wine Sauce- An Alternative To Tomatoes by Objonnas: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2016
As Nigeria Economy has decided to make Tomatoes available for the rich only…..lol. I decided to give my family something else other than the regular tomato stew. I call this CHICKEN AND WINE SAUCE. -www.soulclaire.com

Ingredients:
-Chicken.
-Baked beans.
-Carrot.
-Cabbage.
-Green peas.
-Onions.
-Green pepper.
-Groundnut oil or cooking margarine.
-Any preferred red wine. This is optional.

Method

Open your baked beans and pour into your blender and blend it into paste form.

Wash your chicken and season it with little water, onions and your preferred spices.

Boil your chicken half done then put it in the microwave to grill for about 30mins. This is very optional as if you don’t have time to grill your chicken, cook it to done and then fry it dry.

Put you frying pain and your margarine or ground nut oil and let it heat a little. You first put your chopped onions. Put a cube of seasoning and salt along side and stir fry for about 2minutes.

This should be followed by your carrot, which you can cut to any preferred shape. Stir fry for about a minute.

Green peas is next and this should also stay for a minute.

Finally add your small and nicely chopped cabbage and green pepper.

Put a little of your chicken sauce. Please be care for when putting this sauce.

Add about 5 cooking spoons depending on the quantity of people you are cooking for. 5 spoons is for about of 5 persons.
Finally pour you blend baked beans and stir in order to mix. Taste in case you need to add salt or seasoning cube depending on your taste preference.

Add your fried chicken or grilled chicken and heat to boiling. It should boil for about 3 minutes.

This can best be eaten alongside with rice, yam, plantain, boiled Irish or sweet potatoes.

Kind visit www.soulclaire.com for more insights, you can also share your cooking ideas and feedback with us.
Re: Chicken Wine Sauce- An Alternative To Tomatoes by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Rice Now In Circulation Sells For N9,000 / Food-poisoning Expert Reveals 6 Things He Refuses To Eat / Wow.!! Dead Bat Found In Florida Salad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.