Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Dealdey DSTV Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dealdey DSTV Scam (1143 Views)

Dealdey Took NGN369,150 Cash And Didn't Deliver. / Dealdey Is In Trouble And There Merchants Are Suffering It / Dealdey Is Going Bankrupt. Beware Nigerians!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealdey DSTV Scam by Uzorp: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2016
So that's how DealDey are selling DSTV deals(HD Decoder #8000 and Explora decoder #25000). Once payment has been made, coupon is sent to you with a contact number which you are supposed to get in touch with to redeem your deal. But the sad part now is that i have been trying to get in touch with the person (+2349093609179) for 2days now but to no avail. the person just picks up the call and drops the phone to allow person credit to dey burn. The worst part is that i have also been trying to get in touch the dealdey customer care reps. those ones number no dey even go through sef. I tire o. Abeg is there anybody in the house that can assist. make i just jeje go collect my money jare.

Pardon the mix of English and Pidgin, i dey vex baddd.

http://www.dealdey.com/deals/dstv-zapper-decoder1-month-subscription-2
Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2016
Sorry bro, this is what all Nigerians now have to contend with.
I've been scammed before using dealdey and multiple other online retailers in Nigeria. I can solidly proclaim online shopping is not built for this part of the world.
Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by muba4huss(m): 11:11am On Jun 25, 2016
charix:
Sorry bro, this is what all Nigerians now have to contend with.
I've been scammed before using dealdey and multiple other online retailers in Nigeria. I can solidly proclaim online shopping is not built for this part of the world.
u right bro....we arent sincere .
Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by DelTel(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2016
DealDey and scam are one and the same.

Let me tell you how it plays out: You make a purchase, DealDey sends you a coupon with supposed merchant's contact number, you try contacting merchant and number unreachable. You try reaching DealDey customer care, also unreachable. You send email to DealDey and you get a response day(s) after expiration of coupon below:

"Moses, Mar 29, 10:00:
Good day ******,

Thank you for contacting us and we apologise for the delayed response.

Kindly be informed that the aforementioned coupon expired on the 22/03/2016 as unused Coupons after this date will not be honoured/refunded by Merchant/DealDey.

All inconvenience dully regretted.

Thank you.

Warm regards,
Customer Support

Helpline ---- 01-4609950"
UNQUOTE.

Some "merchants" are not even aware of deals/products advertised on the website!

DealDey doesn't pay merchants until coupon are redeemed by the merchants so all un-used (duped) coupons money are for DealDey.

SCAM incorporated. ScamDey or DealDey.
Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by genny2kuk(m): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2016
There's no doubt that issues like this happen, however, they are isolated cases and never the norm.

I'm a merchant on Dealdey and I can say that they try as much as possible to vet their merchants and whatever they sell on Dealdey.

The issue is from the merchant and if you do not get satisfactory response, you can mail Dealdey with the details of the deal requesting for your money. Though it might not be immediate, you will get your refund.

You can also take a further step by commenting and rating the merchant so others can benefit from your experience.

1 Like

Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by DelTel(m): 9:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
genny2kuk:
There's no doubt that issues like this happen, however, they are isolated cases and never the norm.

I'm a merchant on Dealdey and I can say that they try as much as possible to vet their merchants and whatever they sell on Dealdey.

The issue is from the merchant and if you do not get satisfactory response, you can mail Dealdey with the details of the deal requesting for your money. Though it might not be immediate, you will get your refund.

You can also take a further step by commenting and rating the merchant so others can benefit from your experience.

While I agree with you that not all merchants are dubious, the burden of proof is on DealDey as the middleman and arranger (for a fee) to confirm the genuineness or otherwise of any info they put to the public arena. Or do they want to wait until all Nigerians complain before they take action like OLX!

Can i ask if any SLA or MOU was executed between DealDey and merchants?

That aside, I know for a fact that DealDey advertises what they have not confirmed is available. They keep your money in their books too long if they ever get to refund.

I also know DealDey put up deals NOT AVAILABLE so cant be any merchants fault but totally DealDey's.

I also know for a fact that DealDey don't care about their customers; they neither pick calls nor reply emails timely. And when they reply, their responses are often off-point.

DealDey is a scam.
Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by frisky2good(m): 5:05am On Jun 26, 2016
Money fiam just like that?

DelTel:
DealDey and scam are one and the same.

Let me tell you how it plays out: You make a purchase, DealDey sends you a coupon with supposed merchant's contact number, you try contacting merchant and number unreachable. You try reaching DealDey customer care, also unreachable. You send email to DealDey and you get a response day(s) after expiration of coupon below:

"Moses, Mar 29, 10:00:
Good day ******,

Thank you for contacting us and we apologise for the delayed response.

Kindly be informed that the aforementioned coupon expired on the 22/03/2016 as unused Coupons after this date will not be honoured/refunded by Merchant/DealDey.

All inconvenience dully regretted.

Thank you.

Warm regards,
Customer Support

Helpline ---- 01-4609950"
UNQUOTE.

Some "merchants" are not even aware of deals/products advertised on the website!

DealDey doesn't pay merchants until coupon are redeemed by the merchants so all un-used (duped) coupons money are for DealDey.

SCAM incorporated. ScamDey or DealDey.

Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by uvalued(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2016
noted to avoid been scammed
Re: Dealdey DSTV Scam by casttlebarbz(m): 10:10am On Jun 26, 2016
...I av never purchased anything online

(1) (Reply)

Diamond E-training Programme On Entrepreneurship / Williamhill Bet Help / Airtel Users Will Be Able To Carry Forward Unused Data Starting August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.