Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 (8034 Views)

PFA Player Of The Year Award 2011/2012 Nominees / Sir Ferguson To Buy Three New Players / Chelsea Star John Mikel Obi Has Been Banned From Driving For 15 Months! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:21pm On Sep 03, 2009
They were found guilty of poaching!

Blues in shock transfer ban

CHELSEA have been banned from signing any players for the next TWO transfer windows.
FIFA have found the Blues guilty of inducing teenager Gael Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens in 2007.

Midfielder Kakuta has also been ordered to pay £680,000 to the French club and banned for FOUR months.

The 18-year-old joined Chelsea two years ago after which Lens lodged a complaint with FIFA.

Now FIFA's dispute resolution chamber (DRC) has ruled that Kakuta breached his contract with Lens and that the Blues induced him to do so.

In a statement, FIFA said: "The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

"The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such breach.

"As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of £680,000, for which the club, Chelsea, is jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

"A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches is imposed on the player Gael Kakuta while the club Chelsea is banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.

"Furthermore, Chelsea, has to pay RC Lens training compensation in the amount of £113,000."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2620609/Chelsea-in-shock-transfer-ban.html
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2009
Can they appeal? is it possible for them to overturn the verdict?
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Krayola2(m): 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2009
shocked shocked shocked  YAWA DON GAS!!

Won't half the team be retired by then?
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2009
Na real yawaa be that. The pensioners are in for trouble time.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by youngies(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2009
I consider the punishment somehow harsh
But Chelski is guilty of acting like a gangster in the transfer of this player
I don't know how they will cope within the period with most of their players being pensioners
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by go4gold107(m): 2:36pm On Sep 03, 2009
NLers, una too much,  I was just about breaking the news!!!

This should be a punishment for Adrian Mutu's case.

Serves them RIGHT!
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by temmytanny(m): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2009
its not up to 2years bro.its just january and june transfers next year which means 18 months but goal.com said oneyear.

there is also room for appeal
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2009
@ Poster,

Get your facts right.

Its one-year (two transfer windows).

No biggie, we have enough players anyway. Besides, I dont want them wasting money on players at this time. Its time to be frugal.

Secondly, Kakuta is currently injured so his 4-month ban wont affect him.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by tayoccu(m): 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2009
so there is justice in this world?  grin grin grin

@ibime
no you get your facts right, the ban is till 2011.

@temmytanny
I've told peeps on NL that info from goal.com is crap.
the headline on CNN says the ban is till 2011,
who you gonna believe a buncha rumor mongers, or the world news leader?
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by agabaI23(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ibime:

@ Poster,

Get your facts right.

No biggie, we have enough players anyway. Besides, I dont want them wasting money on players at this time. Its time to be frugal.

2011 minus 2009 na how many e be? No be 2? grin grin grin grin One year go look small for eye jare. Sensational headlines, what happened to them? undecided
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by temmytanny(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2009
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by temmytanny(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2009
they said two transfer windows and they are JAN 2010 and AUGUST 2010,which means they wont buy until JAN 2011.dats 18 months all together
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Emperoh(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2009
This is the punishment for what they did to Man U on the Mikel Obi case
Now Nigeria is worse for it. . . . .no attacking cum creative midfielder. . . . . a role Mikel woulda filled into was he under Fergie!!
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by agabaI23(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2009
From now till 2011 is how many months sad
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by nethacker(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
See enemies .No matter hw una do am ,we refused to be surpressed by any political plot to stop chelsea from lifting trophies this season and nxt
Last season semifinal then rob us,we no talk.Now again!!!!!! them don come with one story to make sure they destabilise us,God no go gree for all of them.We will rule this season against all odds.
Blues 4 Life!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Ibime(m): 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2009
Emperoh:

This is the punishment for what they did to Man U on the Mikel Obi case

You mean the case where FIFA ordered Lyn to pay back the £16m to Chelsea?

Obi Mikel was always Chelseas player. He was even in our reserve squad in 2004. Bloody thieves like Man Utd and Lyn tried to steal him from us but we no gree.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by nethacker(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ibime:

Obi Mikel was always Chelseas player. He was even in our reserve squad in 2004. Bloody thieves like Man Utd and Lyn tried to steal him from us but we no gree.
please tooooolllllldddd them grin grin for they dnt knw wat they r saying. tongue
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Sauron1: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ibime:

@ Poster,

Get your facts right.

It's 18 months. . . . .Not one year.
You are not buying until January 2011.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Nezan(m): 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2009
United 4 life!
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by nethacker(m): 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
its no biggie compared to our young reserves.I still have dos santos,kakuta n d likes.So let them go to hell. grin grin
Blues4Life!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by mystikal(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2009
Football governing bodies don vex sha,

!st, It was UEFA with Eduardo, now FIFA.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by temmytanny(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2009
Ibime:

i totally disagree wit you.
taye taiwo said it then that mikel was purely man u bound and had been dreaming man u since they met and even in  2005 worldcup in holland.he even had a MAN U jersey in his  CAMP room then.chelsea dint pay for him,they only had scouts monitoring his progress in LYN.MAN U had a PRE-contract arrangement wit LYN.it was when MAN U discovered that chelsea were montoring,they horriedly persuaded Morgan anderson(LYN DIRECTOR) to do the dirty deal he did then.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by greall12(m): 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2009
Chealse is one of the best team has players in ENGLAND
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Ibime(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
temmytanny:

i totally disagree wit you.
taye taiwo said it then that mikel was purely man u bound and had been dreaming man u since they met and even in 2005 worldcup in holland.he even had a MAN U jersey in his CAMP room then.chelsea dint pay for him,they only had scouts monitoring his progress in LYN.MAN U had a PRE-contract arrangement wit LYN.it was when MAN U discovered that chelsea were montoring,they horriedly persuaded Morgan anderson(LYN DIRECTOR) to do the dirty deal he did then.

hmmmm. . . . that would explain the £100,000 Chelsea sent to Lynn for his education when he was still in Norway, would it?
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Ben13: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2009
Poor Blues. .
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by mayrho(m): 3:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
Chelsea Haters boku kai i no know wetin we do wey make don hate us so
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Dammyray(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
It serves them right grin grin grin by me, e don tey wey dem don dey do am

Up Man U
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by Pelummy(f): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
SM1,pls answer me, who did this 2 my club?
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by switch47(m): 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2009
BOOM!! BOOM!! here comes Chelsea's DOOM!! But i think the sanction is not enuff, like Juventus they should be relegated, The FA is still investigating them anyway. that one will come as a SHOCKER!! BOOM!! grin grin The bridge is going to fall. what a pity!!

Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by rosepearl(f): 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2009
if dem like make dem barn us from buying players for 6yrs what will be will be. blues till i die.
Re: Chelsea Banned From Buying New Players Till January 2011 by aquita(m): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2009
The management of Chelsea must appeal this ruling. If the ruling is not overturned, it will have dire consequences for the blues. No matter what happens, na Chelsea get this season. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UCL :Liverpool (1) Vs Chelsea (3) on Wed 8th April / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 21st February 2015 / Manchester City Vs Burnley (5 - 0) On 28th November 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.