Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,363 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! (1158 Views)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Flood Carrying Cars In Edo State / Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by power900: 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
hello nairalanders,I own a car but not done my drivers licence yet and I want to be at edo state ,anyone who has a licence and wants to go to Edo state,Auchi should call me to drive me so he drops at his destination and I continue to journey with less police on the way,okay
09039903202(Whatsapp)

1 Like

Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
power900:
hello nairalanders,I own a car but not done my drivers licence yet and I want to be at edo state ,anyone who has a licence and wants to go to Edo state,Auchi should call me to drive me so he drops at his destination and I continue to journey with less police on the way,okay
09039903202(Whatsapp)

You need more than just a driver's license for a successful journey on that road.

2 Likes

Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by AutoJoshNG: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2016
power900:
09039903202(Whatsapp)

What Gazzuzz just told you is invaluable. Your life is too precious for that kind of adventure.
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by power900: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

What Gazzuzz just told you is invaluable. Your life is too precious for that kind of adventure.
yea I know there is a risk involved but I don't want to leave the car behind and the person will be properly scrutinized before any journey,okay
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by power900: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

You need more than just a driver's license for a successful journey on that road.
unless you are talking about a complete car paper and God's guidance,I don't know what else you refer to..
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Please guide him, and us, on what you think he needs.
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Possibly an AK47(to escape from the daddies of the road) & Cash for our friends(they said police is ur friend)!!
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2016
I'm currently in Auchi EDO state, so I went thru that same road. Fortunately I traveled with a Korean car bought brand new so I don't have to deal with the issues of custom duty, and the police don't just seem to be interested in my vehicle since I started using it. But aside that, traveling on lagos benin express road requires, a sound driver and a sound vehicle.

A driver with very good eye sight, quick/sharp reflexes that knows when and how to avoid craters. The roads are not too good from the shagamu end up till the ondo state boundary, but there after its a smooth trip all the way to benin you should have "all" your paper work when I mean all I mean vehicle license, insurance, vehicle inspection certificate,certificate of ownership, CMR, license plate receipt, vehicle receipt registration receipt, if you have a tint permit ensure you have paper work that shows that you have started processing the new one, ensure if you are carrying anything in the car, you have a receipt for it, also ensure if the car is not in your name, you have paper work that shows that you have permission by the owner to use his/her vehicle for a period of time(not indefinately) ensure you have good tyres, brake pads, and fuel delivery is on point and free of dirt on the strainer, ensure you know if your engine burns oil, and how much it burns over how many kms. Ensure your wipers are perfect and head lamps are ok.

Safe trip.

2 Likes

Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by AutoJoshNG: 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2016
power900:
yea I know there is a risk involved but I don't want to leave the car behind and the person will be properly scrutinized before any journey,okay

Hello Power900,

You also need a driver that has experience, good judgement and sharp reflexes due to vehicles that face oncoming traffic, the spate of kidnappings on that road and be very weary of stopping even if 100 people point at your car like it has a problem. Safe trip.

AutoJosh

1 Like

Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by princetom1(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
I'm currently in Auchi EDO state, so I went thru that same road. Fortunately I traveled with a Korean car bought brand new so I don't have to deal with the issues of custom duty, and the police don't just seem to be interested in my vehicle since I started using it. But aside that, traveling on lagos benin express road requires, a sound driver and a sound vehicle.

A driver with very good eye sight, quick/sharp reflexes that knows when and how to avoid craters. The roads are not too good from the shagamu end up till the ondo state boundary, but there after its a smooth trip all the way to benin you should have "all" your paper work when I mean all I mean vehicle license, insurance, vehicle inspection certificate,certificate of ownership, CMR, license plate receipt, vehicle receipt registration receipt, if you have a tint permit ensure you have paper work that shows that you have started processing the new one, ensure if you are carrying anything in the car, you have a receipt for it, also ensure if the car is not in your name, you have paper work that shows that you have permission by the owner to use his/her vehicle for a period of time(not indefinately) ensure you have good tyres, brake pads, and fuel delivery is on point and free of dirt on the strainer, ensure you know if your engine burns oil, and how much it burns over how many kms. Ensure your wipers are perfect and head lamps are ok.

Safe trip.

Is that a navigation? Which?
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by power900: 7:13am On Jun 26, 2016
AutoJoshNG:

Hello Power900,

You also need a driver that has experience, good judgement and sharp reflexes due to vehicles that face oncoming traffic, the spate of kidnappings on that road and be very weary of stopping even if 100 people point at your car like it has a problem. Safe trip.

AutoJosh
thanks alot for these safety words,noted,okay
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Jun 26, 2016
princetom1:

Is that a navigation? Which?

that is a product from Fogman. https://www.nairaland.com/fogman

1 Like

Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by paddy4jungle: 9:07am On Jun 26, 2016
power900:
09039903202(Whatsapp)

guy when do you plan on leaving
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by power900: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2016
paddy4jungle:

guy when do you plan on leaving
call me so we discuss,ok
Re: Car Pooling To Edo State!!!! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
just got back. There are terrible spots between Auchi and the bypass from benin. At som point, had to drive into town and made a large turn, to avoid a very bad spot on the road.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Business. Need These 3vehicles / My Car For Hire / O.J. Simpson’s 1993 Ford Bronco Is For Sale For N278million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.