Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,222 members, 7,822,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point (1265 Views)

5 Biggest Nigerian International Collaborations Of 2017 So Far - Synord / 5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by CountDracula(m): 10:50am On Jun 26, 2016
A musical collaborative effort in my believe, is a means of passing the same message using different techniques.
For years now, the music industry has fostered collaborative tracks between artistes who are waylaid in different genres.
These artistes put their finely-honed talents to work for us creating good music for our consumption.
However, as music is a way to pass across a message to its listeners, we have seen some really talented act mess up on a collaborative effort (not getting the message the owner is trying to pass, or just intentionally ignoring it) so bad, it makes one wonder, why they became popular in the first place.
Here are 5 collaborations the featured artiste missed the point.

1. Pack and Go – Seyi Shay Ft. Olamide: I had this song on my playlist for weeks, at a point, i became like a menace with it to my colleagues. So, basically, the song is about Miss Seyi, having had enough of the battering, pain, betrayals and everything likened to the eventual breakup of a famous US musical couple’s relationship, asked that the said man, leave her be
Seyi Shay:‘Oya pack and go, carry your Ghana must go….Oga do I look like Rihanna, Kini Mo se fun eh, do I look l.ike Rihanna….I get beats by Dre, I no want beats by Chris, I go see you later.’
Catch the drift right…thenOlamidecomes in and sang this;
“Like Saraki, I got you like Kwara and Ilorin, come over baby girl no need to worry, ma lo gor. Ma lo fa ke kori (baby girl don’t dull, don’t prove stubborn) let them say what they like…Like Jagaban I got you like Lagos, let them do what they like, but they can’t break us, everyone out there tryna imitate us…our love is on auto…am here to stay, there is no one lese…so fun nigga smello yen go gba left(Tell that smelling dude to leave), need I say more people.
How he thought his verse tallies with the theme of this track, still baffles me till date.
Shout out to Pheelz on the beat…amaaaaaaaazing job!

Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by CountDracula(m): 10:52am On Jun 26, 2016
2. Ori Owo – Tillaman ft Davido: To say my 95% people of the people I know musically adored this song, would be an understatement, Tillaman had our hearts until he decided, ‘O yea, lets bring in Omo baba olowo, afterall, that’s the main message in the song…Money.
Tilla’s verse;
‘Ori Owo lori mi, mo ji lowuro yi , mo ji moba eleda soro, npe ori mi lano rere fun mi (I am destined to be rich, this morning I have woke up to pray again that my great path way of wealthy destiny be paved)
At first when Davido, started singing, I thought…hmmm, nice, but then…
“Eminado Tiwa…come and take my visa…baby shake your waist, come and show me love…I saw you from afar…..your body so amazing (2ce). Was unable to amke out the rest of his verse.
‘Oni Reason’ definitely

Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by CountDracula(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2016
3. Confam Ni – Olamide ft Wizkid: Wizkid, did an amazing job on this track, truth be told.
Wizkid:Ori mi bam is e o, Owo tuntun wo le, ile tuntun wole o, ori mi bam is eo …ema je o jabole, loke loke la ma ma lo (My God has done it, I am the new owner of new money, house and evry other good thing…we will always go higher)
Olamide: won te mi ti fe gba isakole o….wo mo de yi ton whine ko de gbo Yoruba…Emi ni kan ni aunty Nike o ba fun ni P***y yen to ro bi amala lafun , she says to me, Olamide be careful, se bi iwo no lo gbe Chinelo wa fun (That young girl is whinning her waist to Yoruba music yet she doesn’t understand the language. Aunty Nike should have given up her soft self to me, instaed she said to me, Olamide be careful, isn’t it you alone that enjoyed Chinelo as well.)
Wizkid, did a pretty good job on this song, and it turns out he was featured. Who do we lay the blame on with this track?

Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by CountDracula(m): 10:56am On Jun 26, 2016
4. Koma Roll – Tillaman ft Burna Boy, Iyanya, Ice Prince, Phyno: Another classic hit from Tilla who decided to employ the versatility of several other artistes.
Tilla;Yo di e se yin koma roll, ao para wa layo o lele…Simple translation, baby girl, push out your derriere and whine your waist…we will both enjoy ourselves today.
Burna:You better focus on your career, instead of trying to cross my barrier, talk you dey talk no bring one naira…ni Ibadan ni won bi mi si. Need I say more.
Iyanya:Back then me I sing song, the only place you hear me na for their ringing tone…………………………………………….could not make out the rest.
I wanted to excuse their error by saying they are not Yoruba men, but again, Ice Prince isn’t either, yethe got the message

Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by CountDracula(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2016
5. Story Story – Iyanya ft Oritsefemi: nice beat, quite mellow and all.
Iyanya:This my lady wants to dance, and she wants to take a chance..Baby let me take your hand…you are beautiful, you give me melody..I love you fine girl, your story no dey long….baby am in love with you.
Oritsefemi:Bo lo yago, before your tire go puncture…my friend na money rule this world, if anything dey suck, money go suck them all…no dey vex say I too love money eh…abo oro la man so fun omo lu abi, ti omo ba lo opolo re a je wun lo.
Translation: If you won’t move from the road, please step aside let me pass…a word is enough for the wise, if you are smart about anything, you will definitely make it in life.
When artistes decide to jump on another’s track to diss or do whatsoever other than what he is being paid for, saddens me. We get it, yiou are all about the money, how about sticking with the script on this one?

Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by youngest85(m): 11:03am On Jun 26, 2016
Oga na beat we deh listen to...
Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by Mologi(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2016
op...that one na ur headach ooi... dem sing their song n chop the money go.....

mo n wa iyawo oooo
Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by ALAYORMII: 11:24am On Jun 26, 2016
Ribiribidandiandandandian ewoooooooo
Re: 5 Nigerian Collaborations The Featured Artiste Missed The Point by queenoflafia(f): 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
My Nija people like concoction alot

(1) (Reply)

Download Fela Kuti’s Albums And Win Latest Tecno Phantom 6! / DOWNLOAD X-busta X Skiibii - We Outchea (mp3) / Download & Listen To: All Hail By Khuli Chana Featuring Cassper Nyovest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.