Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

What's Your Favourite Text Editor? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Your Favourite Text Editor? (4743 Views)

Download Text Editor Created By Nairalander Using Javafx / What's Your Best Text Editor For Web Development? / What's Your Favorite Text Editor/ Or IDE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by KazukiIto(m): 11:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
timtoday:
vim
Bro I just started using vim. Need some pointers...
Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by hexy40: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2016
do people still actually use notepad or do they mean to say notepad++. For this hash economy? After moving from notepad to notepad++,Never looked back. Never tried others.
Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by foldl: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2016
KazukiIto:

Thank you. But I belong to the Cult of Vi now. Actually I use Vim. Not as sophisticated as Emacs, but I'm faster with it.

You have backslided bro. You must go to father Richard Stallman (St. IGNUcious) to confess your sins and perhaps receive a fresh baptism into the Church of Emacs. Anything other than that is blasphemy!
Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by KazukiIto(m): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2016
foldl:

You have backslided bro. You must go to father Richard Stallman (St. IGNUcious) to confess your sins and perhaps receive a fresh baptism into the Church of Emacs. Anything other than that is blasphemy!

I'm sure St. IGNUcious will understand. 666 is just simple and straight-forward. I know I've sinned against the order...
Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by KazukiIto(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
foldl:

The sacred language (elisp) is too difficult for me to understand.
Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by Awoofawo(m): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2016
dhtml18:

Ah well, aptana is more of an IDE than a text editor - I only use it sparingly (in situations that notepad++ cannot handle)

To be fair, here is a list of my text editors (in descending orders of usage):
- Notepad++ (i use this most because it loads ultra-fast)
- Sublime (i like it, but i am too gaddamn addicted to notepad++)
- Apatana studio (it would have been my best but it chops system resources more than google chrome)
- Dreamweaver (i only use it to write some small html stuffs)
- phpdesigner (http://www.mpsoftware.dk/phpdesigner.php) - good for quickly previewing small bits of php code - the way dreamweaver previews html (it is somewhat slow to load)
- komoedit - if you have a project with so many folders and files, well, this is easier to handle the work compared to notepad++ (but it is slow in loading)

Just my opinion mind you

Please any code to activate Sublime thank in advance, just want to chhhhallege myself by learig coding ad I'm going the java route........................................just starting am a complete nnovice ad baba agbalagba for that matter grin
Re: What's Your Favourite Text Editor? by Stconvict(m): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2016
All hail Atom!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Go For Cybersecurity Or Computer Science? / How Can I Download Udemy And Linda Courses? finally solved! / The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.