Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class (8968 Views)

Why It Is Difficult To Graduate With First-class In Nigeria / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) / Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by ugonna1054(m): 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
okangisaiah:

Heeey am seeing you already there. Gudluck.
thanks....i hope u meet me there too. wink
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by ugonna1054(m): 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Capableben(m): 3:45am On Jun 28, 2016
Reski:
To be honest with you the chances of making a first class is very slim to none but not impossible think of Leicester if you are football fan. Although you didnt state your supposedly low gpa so lets assume its very low around the pass range please correct me if I am wrong. Then in such a case You need a fairytale run of 5.0 gpa every semester till you graduate. Reason been that your first low gpa will keep dragging you back. But a 2.1 is quite possible just dont get below 4.points from now hencefort and you will just be fine.
Note it all depends on the duration of your course whether 3 or 4 years.

Cheers
Advice me bro. My situation is akin to the previous poster's. I'm also DE student. My GPA is presently 3.17 and I have 7 semesters left. I'm so depressed. What's the possibility of finishing WELL
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Capableben(m): 3:47am On Jun 28, 2016
Akkord4gov:
I don't want to argue with the op cos he has listed these with his experience and I agree that will be the experience of many first class graduates but I always wonder why mine was an exception

I made any friends(serious or unserious),i don't make use of the library always,i didn't start well from 100(maybe if I started well,i would have ended better),i am allergy to sitting in the front row,none of my lecturers knew me except my course adviser etc....

But in conclusion,all these points listed by the op are very important to make a First Class
How about a DE student that started with a GP of 3.17? Seven semesters remaining.....
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Akkord4gov: 4:39am On Jun 28, 2016
Capableben:
How about a DE student that started with a GP of 3.17? Seven semesters remaining.....
All u need is to do the calculatio. What if I have A in all my remaining courses?what if I have just 90% of A and 10% of B? But bro,dont try to have a C again. So do that and maybe give me a response
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Capableben:
Advice me bro. My situation is akin to the previous poster's. I'm also DE student. My GPA is presently 3.17 and I have 7 semesters left. I'm so depressed. What's the possibility of finishing WELL
Brother you can easily make a 2.1. just like I advised the op with a GPa of above four points for the next 5 semesters should get you into a comfortable 2.1 cgpa. but aim for the moon and you might just fall on the sky. Aim for first class Gpa from now henceforth till you graduate I assure you if you don't make a first class you will end up with a very comfortable two one which is not such a bad grade after all.
Do not despair students have worst faced worst odds than yours and still came out on top. Just believe and your case will not be different.
Success is earned so get to work my friend.
See you at the top.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by okangisaiah(f): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2016
ugonna1054:
thanks....i hope u meet me there too. wink

I equally wish myself that
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Lordbinsmar: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please i need your candid advise.my problem is that i do choke up in the examination hall due to FEAR and ANXIETY.i also find it really hard to concentrate when am writing exams,examinations to me is like am on the battle field.And this is not really my nature before,It all started when i got admission to the University.also i was one of the best student during my secondary school days.
Even tough i do prepare very well through out the whole semester,and i really understand most of my courses up to the extend that most of my course mate do come to me for help.and i do teach my friends from other department.still yet i do have bad grades.most time i do have B and Few C.
Am an engineering student at OAU,currently in part 2.my G.P for my first semester part one was 3.5,my second semester result is not yet out.
please i really need your advice,this problem is eating me deep,i feel like my effort is being wasted.Also can i still graduate with a first class?

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lordbinsmar:
Please i need your candid advise.my problem is that i do choke up in the examination hall due to FEAR and ANXIETY.i also find it really hard to concentrate when am writing exams,examinations to me is like am on the battle field.And this is not really my nature before,It all started when i got admission to the University.also i was one of the best student during my secondary school days.
Even tough i do prepare very well through out the whole semester,and i really understand most of my courses up to the extend that most of my course mate do come to me for help.and i do teach my friends from other department.still yet i do have bad grades.most time i do have B and Few C.
Am an engineering student at OAU,currently in part 2.my G.P for my first semester part one was 3.5,my second semester result is not yet out.
please i really need your advice,this problem is eating me deep,i feel like my effort is being wasted.Also can i still graduate with a first class?
what is your current CGPA and what is the duration of your course?

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Momodukhalid(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
I'm glad to be here at this time.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gentlesoul96(m): 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
My first thought bck den in 100 level is to came out with 2.1,buh nw am always Wishing to make a fast class, I dnt really knw my chance of making it.... Am in 3.35 out of 4.0 g.p scale, am going to 300level nw..... Am in Accounting dept.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Lordbinsmar: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
BarryJones:

what is your current CGPA and what is the duration of your course?
3.5/5.The duration is five years.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by deltateam: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lordbinsmar:

Engineering? You won't graduate with first class but 2:1 is feasible if you work harder.

I am not one to give you false hope.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Capableben(m): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Reski:
Brother you can easily make a 2.1. just like I advised the op with a GPa of above four points for the next 5 semesters should get you into a comfortable 2.1 cgpa. but aim for the moon and you might just fall on the sky. Aim for first class Gpa from now henceforth till you graduate I assure you if you don't make a first class you will end up with a very comfortable two one which is not such a bad grade after all.
Do not despair students have worst faced worst odds than yours and still came out on top. Just believe and your case will not be different.
Success is earned so get to work my friend.
See you at the top.
Thanks bro.. work started!!
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 7:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Gentlesoul96:
My first thought bck den in 100 level is to came out with 2.1,buh nw am always Wishing to make a fast class, I dnt really knw my chance of making it.... Am in 3.35 out of 4.0 g.p scale, am going to 300level nw..... Am in Accounting dept.
Strive for the best you can still make a strong 2:1 of 4.17. If you get 5.00 every semester.....Dont tell me its impossible...people have done it before
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2016
Lordbinsmar:

Strive for the best you can still make first class If you get 5.00 every semester.....Dont tell me its impossible...people have done it before...think of Ayodele Dada the Unilag 5 pointer....impossible is nothing....you can still make 4.85. Hope you know how to calc CGPA. you can whatsapp me so we discuss abt ur Fear and Anxiety Issues.check the thread for my contact

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gentlesoul96(m): 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
BarryJones:

Strive for the best you can still make a strong 2:1 of 4.17. If you get 5.00 every semester.....Dont tell me its impossible...people have done it before

You advise is highly needed on my post..... Pls
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gentlesoul96(m): 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
BarryJones:

Your comment is highly needed on my post..... Pls
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Lordbinsmar: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
BarryJones:

Strive for the best you can still make first class If you get 5.00 every semester.....Dont tell me its impossible...people have done it before...think of Ayodele Dada the Unilag 5 pointer....impossible is nothing....you can still make 4.85. Hope you know how to calc CGPA. you can whatsapp me so we discuss abt ur Fear and Anxiety Issues.check the thread for my contact
Thank you very much sir.i will contact you through whatsapp.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
Gentlesoul96:
If you are very determined,,with Gods grace and hard work, i dont see anything stoping you...i studied accounting too...you can still make it by aiming for 5points evry semester..there r people who entered 1st class in their 400L but make sure you take your final yr project seriously. how many units is it in your school?...you will probably need an A in that.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gentlesoul96(m): 6:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
Thanks bro.... The unit for project in my school is 6 Unit. 3 in first semester nd 3 in second semester as well.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gentlesoul96(m): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
BarryJones:

If you are very determined,,with Gods grace and hard work, i dont see anything stoping you...i studied accounting too...you can still make it by aiming for 5points evry semester..there r people who entered 1st class in their 400L but make sure you take your final yr project seriously. how many units is it in your school?...you will probably need an A in that.

Thanks bro.... The unit for project in my school is 6 Unit. 3 in first semester nd 3 in second semester as well.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by BarryJones(m): 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
Gentlesoul96:

that is a whopping 6units..aim for A's.
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2016
I appreciate academic prowess, however, it is necessary to have other experience while in school. Join societies in church, take leadership roles, participate in sports, read other non academic books, follow news and surely, your First Class will not only be in the books but in every area of your life. Success in your endeavors fellow students, study well, read well, pray well, flex tite, do sports, chase ladies(with sense) and live your life to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gerrard59(m): 3:12am On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=BarryJones post=47086983] quote]

Commendable...

This is where I so much appreciate Jarushub ( I know I'm beginning to sound humdrum). All what you have listed are the ingredients to make a first. Slightly below after a deadly second year semester; more like a tsunami. I see good tidings for the preceding semester and the present I.T period, however, I doubt if it makes (that's internship) a strong impact like a full-fledged semester.

I also applaud your write-up as most lads and lasses aren't adequately informed about school life, during and after (it goes beyond flexing). Folks might term one boring or Home Alone (my cognomen), however, if being one can get you the prize, BE IT. It's competitive out there (evident by posts on Nairaland).
There have been countless threads and comments about academic achievers not being successful or success itself, however, one shouldn't be fazed by it. Students can motivate themselves through a plethora of means; through journals, articles (Campus Champion Saturday Punch is a good one), and Jarushub, not again!!. A first is a good starter anytime any-day http://www.jarushub.com/kpmg-or-mckinsey-dilemma-of-a-graduate-with-2-job-offers/ (you don't get this always).

I read your earlier thread, which you got a surfeit of responses, advice and tutelage and I believe you must have taken a decision. However, I think your Achilles Heel lies in your interviews sessions. Why not enroll at Jarushub training classes when you come back? It'd help, trust me wink.

Cheers!!.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Gerrard59(m): 3:52am On Aug 09, 2016
optimusmind:
I appreciate academic prowess, however, it is necessary to have other experience while in school. Join societies in church, take leadership roles, participate in sports, read other non academic books, follow news and surely, your First Class will not only be in the books but in every area of your life. Success in your endeavors fellow students, study well, read well, pray well, flex tite, do sports, chase ladies(with sense) and live your life to the fullest.

Sir, while I cherish this priceless admonition. it's pertinent to understand/know that not everyone can juggle many roles (I understand the concept of time management) simultaneously. After your success as you enumerated here https://www.nairaland.com/163757/secrets-first-class-students/7 before editing it, don't you think we should also be like you? cool
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
<
Gerrard59:

Sir, while I cherish this priceless admonition. it's pertinent to understand/know that not everyone can juggle many roles (I understand the concept of time management) simultaneously. After your success as you enumerated here https://www.nairaland.com/163757/secrets-first-class-students/7 before editing it, don't you think we should also be like you? cool
Hmmmmmm....
Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by kennyjam: 2:39am On Nov 17, 2017
nice one bro BarryJones and other contributors. let me invite someone to come see MTAIYEM

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Should Do To Graduate With First Class by Silva1000(m): 1:15am On Jun 01, 2018
Hi I'm aiming for the best and just started with 3.65. I have serious financial issues here and it's really affecting my studies. What should i do please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB: Airtel Subscribers Unable To Check Their UTME Results / Chartered Institute Of Marketing (uk) Programme Now In Nigeria / Studying Medicine And Surgery In Benue State University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.