Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,569 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You (873 Views)

These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba / Ways To Make Money Genuinely As A Nigerian Student / LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by SavageGarden(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2016
Haters has to be one of the most overused
words everangry. Every time I see someone use
the word hater, I cringe. I cringe because I’m
probably sure they don’t have haters in the
literal sense. They have delusions of having
haters. Jesus had haters. Martin Luther King,
Jr. had haters, Lalasticlala have hatersgrin (even though they don't know him in person) You probably have people who genuinely don’t like you.

Everyone has people who dislike them for
some reason or another. Sometimes those
reasons are valid, sometimes they’re not.
Maybe they don’t like you because of a sour
attitude. Or, maybe you’re a little too
boastful. No one likes a bragger. Maybe
you’re the type of person that doesn’t listen to another person’s opinion.

No one likes a close minded person. There’s tons of reason why a person may not like you. So what do you do about it? What do you do about these haters? Some people choose to bask in their ‘haters’. They wear them like a badge of honor. Having ‘haters’ for some reason makes them feel more
important.angry

You’ve seen these people. Every other tweet or Facebook status is, “F* all my haters”, or “Haters don’t want to see me shine”, or “Haters only make me stronger”. I laugh at these people. Only because they’re reinforcing why people genuinely dislike them. I’m pretty sure I have a few people who genuinely don’t like me. But instead of yelling about all of my “haters”, I try to get to the core of the matter. What I like to do is approach these people who don’t like me and ask a simple question. Why? Usually, when you approach someone who dislikes you, and ask them why, they’ll give you a befuddled look. Then they’ll take a second to think of the reason why. After they come up with an answer, and decide to share it, I politely tell them thank-you and walk
away.

Knowing the reason why people genuinely dislike you is helpful. If it’s a concrete reason, say they think you have a nasty attitude, you may have to do some introspection to see if they could be onto something. Sometimes people can see things you can’t see about yourself. Those
“haters” may be the most beneficial people in your life. A “hater” can be a catalyst for change, if only you choose to change of course, but then again, no one likes a stubborn person.[color=#000099][/color]

Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by SavageGarden(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2016
Mods please let's educate our youths undecided >:
Cc: fynestboi
Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by Adamsdelrio(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2016
Something I have learnt recently is that, those supposed haters turn out to be good friends when we humbly approach and get to understand them.

2 Likes

Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by Fynestboi: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

cool
Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by SavageGarden(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
Something I have learnt recently is that, those supposed haters turn out to be good friends when we humbly approach and get to understand them.

Exactly bro..You're right..
Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by SavageGarden(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fynestboi:
Hmmmmmmm
[quote author=Fynestboi post=46974549]Hmmmmmmm
cool
Bros Abeg nagrin
Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by mii4u(f): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
But there are pple that can never like u no matter how hard u try to please them, the harder u try, the more they dislike u
Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by egopersonified(f): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
For naija? Everyone will claim they don't hate or dislike you if you ask them. But I have learnt that everyone can't be there for you every time, when its their time to be relevant in your life, they will be.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: You Don’t Have Haters – Maybe People Genuinely Don’t Like You by SavageGarden(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
mii4u:
But there are pple that can never like u no matter how hard u try to please them, the harder u try, the more they dislike u

Trying to please people is a gamble...at the end of the day its not worth it most of the time, most people pleasers have low self esteem, its best to develop good self - care skills which include healthy assertiveness. You can mildly try to please others but ultimately what we do is our choice, we must keep a balance.

(1) (Reply)

Let's See How Technical You Can Think!!! / Utme 2017 Important Notice / What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.