Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (17832 Views)

The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / Why Is The Sunday Before The Resurrection Of Christ Called Palm Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by ErnyyBobo: 1:00am On Jun 28, 2016
macof:

oluwa means Master or Lord not God. so shut the hell up

Don't mind him jare... The same way we have Chukwu or Oghene. Like these names has not been existing before time.... Before Christianity was brought to Africa... When they don't know simple history of their own how can they understand things like this...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 1:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:

Okay, let's do this. We could spend ages indulging in endless speculations that have nothing to do with reality, so let's not do that. Let's anchor our speculations in reality by discussing only the things we have evidence for.

You seem to believe that the 11 disciples were all beaten, persecuted and killed for insisting that Jesus rose from the dead. That they all had a chance to save their lives by confessing that Jesus did not rise from the dead, but they all refused to do that, and for this reason they were all killed. Show me the evidence for that.

(Rilwayne001, thanks for your insightful comments on the Matthew story.)
this is not what I asked. I list 3 things and ask you to pick among them. If jesus did not resurrect, why was the tomb empty ? Please answer this question.

This is how the apostles were kill http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/killing-jesus/articles/how-did-the-apostles-die/

The jews wanted to make sure, jesus did not resurrected as He claim He will, so they provide a romans guard to guard the tomb. Now, who role the giant stone ? Is it the disciples ? If yes, how could they have roll it without the guard hearing the sound ? In fact the guard will be kill if they fail to protect the body, so you expect them to do their job with their life. The jew wanted to bring the crucifixion rumors to end, so they should at least provide the body of jesus which they kill, but they couldn't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Rilwayne001: 4:48am On Jun 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
this is not what I asked. I list 3 things and ask you to pick among them. If jesus did not resurrect, why was the tomb empty ? Please answer this question.

This is how the apostles were kill http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/killing-jesus/articles/how-did-the-apostles-die/

The jews wanted to make sure, jesus did not resurrected as He claim He will, so they provide a romans guard to guard the tomb. Now, who role the giant stone ? Is it the disciples ? If yes, how could they have roll it without the guard hearing the sound ? In fact the guard will be kill if they fail to protect the body, so you expect them to do their job with their life. The jew wanted to bring the crucifixion rumors to end, so they should at least provide the body of jesus which they kill, but they couldn't.

I don't know how come you didn't see the reply in my post, hence the reason why you keep repeating this balderdash.

I will advice you to scroll up and re-read my post.

4 Likes

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 6:02am On Jun 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I don't know how come you didn't see the reply in my post, hence the reason why you keep repeating this balderdash.

I will advice you to scroll up and re-read my post.
alright, I read your post. What explanation will you give concerning the empty tomb ?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:

1. The Empty Tomb And The Men In White

Mark, which was the first gospel to be written, describes the incident in chapter 16:

Is it reasonable to accept this as evidence that Jesus rose from the dead? Let's see.

Jesus was the T B Joshua of his time. He came from a humble background, was loved by the masses because of his miracle ministry, and was hated by the religious establishment which didn't accept him as a true man of God and felt that his teachings were unscriptural.

Now lets imagine that T. B Joshua died, and then 3 days later the 3 women who were closest to him when he was alive in his ministry came to you with this story: That they went to T B Joshua's grave to pray and lay flowers, but when they got there, they saw that the grave had been opened, the body missing and a young guy in a white suit was sitting there. And the guy told them that T B Joshua had risen from the dead.

Would it be reasonable to believe that T B Joshua had risen from the dead on the basis of this testimony? Wouldn't you be suspicious that T B Joshua's body had been stolen by his top pastors to make it appear that he had risen? That the man in white was just an accomplice of the thieves? That maybe the women were hallucinating due to their grief, or simply lying to hype their hero and crush?

Luke's Gospel, written about 10 years later, describes the same incident thus:

Notice how the story has been altered to solve the issues with the first one, and spiced up?

Imagine if, in the hypothetical case of TB Joshua's alleged resurrection, the women who told you about his empty grave came back 10 years later to tell the same story. But this time, instead of a young man in a white suit who was sitting by the grave when they arrived, they claim that there was no one at T B joshua's grave initially and then suddenly, two men in glowing suits as bright as the sun (implying angels) appeared before them and gave them a scriptural lesson. Would those changes make the story more believable to you, or less so?

2. Appearing To His Closest Followers

According to Mark's Gospel,

In short, Jesus' closest followers claimed that he appeared to them at various times after his body went missing. Jesus closest followers had everything to lose by his death, and everything to gain by getting people to believe the resurrection story. They had sold all their posessions and left their families and professions to join Jesus' ministry. With his death, that ministry was finished, but the ressurection story brought it back to life. Knowing about this serious conflict of interest, it reasonable to accept their testimony as evidence that the resurrection actually happened?

If TB Joshua died and the top pastors in his church said he appeared to them, would you believe it for one moment?

3. His Appearance To 500 Believers

According to 1 Corinthians 15:6,

This would seem like the least weak evidence for the resurrection, due to the sheer number of potential witnesses, until you start to wonder why none of the Gospels mentioned it. Not even imaginative Luke of the robes as white as lightening. Why would all the Gospel writers have choosen to leave out what would have been their strongest evidence? 500 witnesses! Because it didn't happen? Because it was too early to tell such a big lie and get away with it? I don't know.

And even if we want to at issume that it happened, we must not forget that it would be quite easy for any illusionist to stage the appearance of Jesus to people who strongly want to believe that he is still alive. Benny Hinn tells a story about Jesus appearing during one of his crusades, and people believe it.

Conclusion:
The evidence for the resurrection of Jesus is a bunch of testimonies attributed to people who had every reason to lie during a period when people were far more superstitious and gullible than we are today because they didn't have science. It's not sufficient to convince an objective modern person that a 3 day old corpse whose brain and heart would have decayed considerably actually came back to life, held meetings in person with various people, and then ascended into outer space. Or ... What do you think?
I JUST HAD TO QUOTE EVERY THING.

The text you quoted didn't end there. Are you saying the part you quoted was true while the other was tampered by saraki and ekweremadu?

It would have been better if your argument was that he did not die like many people do given that the other verses spoke of him meeting with several people and the apostle.

I don't know what you went through before your sudden conversion, but you should know that many went through more and are still holding on. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Rilwayne001: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
alright, I read your post. What explanation will you give concerning the empty tomb ?

The empty tomb was never empty. According to the book of Mark: "And entering into the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted."

I think you need to start reading your Bible.

2 Likes

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by oyeludef(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2016
Its amazing how so called atheist here feel dey are logical and at d same time betray logic.
The disciples were cowards
All d disciples scampered for safety after Jesus was arrested by the jewish priests and soldiers, one of d disciple i.e mark even ran away naked, peter tried following at a distance(perhaps hoping to see Jesus perfom a miracle nd free himself) in d course of doing dis he denied dis same christ thrice.
Jesus was tried, tortured before every eye, non of d disciple could offer to carry d cross for him wen he fell nd someone else was forced to do dat.
Jesus was crucified before their very eyes without any protest and it was Joseph of aramatia dat could go and beg for his corpse to b released. The disciples got the body and buried it in Joseph tomb,
Now do u know wat a tomb looks like? A tomb is a hollow made in a big stone or a rock and d jews usually bury dis way because dey later go back after some years to pack d bones of d dead intact into a box and inscribe d name of such person on d box. There is usually one entrance into a jewish tomb on which a big stone is placed to secure.
ROMAN SOLDIERS ARE WELL TRAINED
Remember at dis time, the world was still under d Roman empire, the Romans had d best soldiers in d world, you can do ursef a favour of reading about d Roman soldiers of dis time online. The penalty for sleeping in duty is death. Even our soldiers of today dare not sleep on duty cos dey risk a court martial.
Now ponder on dis and see how Nairaland so called logical athiest betray everything that logic stands for. Now think about dis, on whose authority were d soldiers stationed there? And tell me the type of men who will av been there. Pilate was the person dat gave the order.
At this period, the jews had a ruler called Herod, and d roman empire also had a representative in israel called Pontius Pilate, pilate was like prime minister cameron while herod was like d queen of england. Imagine president buhari giving and order that a grave should be guarded by soldiers, do u think d army chief will just send recruits? Of course experienced soldiers will be sent. There presence there will send shivers down d spine of anyone who saw dem. Do u think disciples who were standing afar off and denying their master will be bold enough to go near such soldiers standing in front of a tomb with a big stone at d enterance? What type of sleep were dey sleeping for a big stone to be rolled away and d body stolen.
If it had really happened, u wont hear such from trained roman soldiers cos d next thing dey will av done as dey awake is to commit suicide.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:54am On Jun 28, 2016
LoJ:

I have nothing against Seun criticizing Religion(s) and airing his views, he is entitled to do so. The guy usually makes relevant points that deserve to be discussed.

However, there seems to be some level of hyprocisy in the whole stuff. Seun goes about criticizing Christianity and christian's faith only and almost never does the same with Islam, except some vague timid topics. He created a specific forum for muslims, where you can't even intervene unless you profess that you believe that:

- Islam is the only true religion
-There is no God but Allah
- Mohammed is his prophet

or something similar, and have it written on your profile shocked shocked undecided

It is very sad as some of us have brought this numerous times to his attention, with quasi no answers/explanations from him.

I am not a (religious) christian, so I do not seek to defend christianity.

Exactly!

Seun targeting Christianity solely further lends credence to the fact that Christians are rational, humane and tolerant persons by default. Only Christians would let the mocking and taunts lying low.

Seun, if you're indeed anti-religion and not just anti-christianity, attack Islam once, just even once and let's see what becomes of you. We both know you wouldn't dare. You have a face to your name.

3 Likes

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

The empty tomb was never empty. According to the book of Mark: "And entering into the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted."

I think you need to start reading your Bible.
lol, who was the young man ? Is he jesus ? If you say yes, why dint the jew provide this young man to silent the apostles claim of the resurrected christ ? If the tomb was not empty, why did the apostles begins the preaching of the resurrection immediately ?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Rilwon: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Exactly!

Seun targeting Christianity solely further lends credence to the fact that Christians are rational, humane and tolerant persons by default. Only Christians would let the mocking and taunts lying low.

Seun, if you're indeed anti-religion and not just anti-christianity, attack Islam once, just even once and let's see what becomes of you. We both know you wouldn't dare. You have a face to your name.

I can see how bitter the truth is to you guys, why are you all crying foul around? Haven't we had enough Christians/atheists attcking Muslims and Islam on this board and even on front page?

Attack the Original Post instead of attacking the original poster. If you have nothing to say, kindly walk away. Biko

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2016
Rilwon:

I can see how bitter the truth is to you guys, why are you all crying foul around? Haven't we had enough Christians/atheists attcking Muslims and Islam on this board and even on front page?

Attack the Original Post instead of attacking the original poster. If you have nothing to say, kindly walk away. Biko

Rilwayne001 , you had to login to your alternate account ( Rilwon) to quote me even though your main account was active minutes ago?

Still suffering from the vestiges of the memory of the cyber-mauling I inflicted on you this time last year? You want an encore? I'd be the death of you.

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Rilwon: 9:20am On Jun 28, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

[s] Rilwayne001 , you had to login to your alternate account ( Rilwon) to quote me even though your main account was active minutes ago?

Still suffering from the vestiges of the memory of the cyber-mauling I inflicted on you this time last year? You want an encore? I'd be the death of you.

[/s]]

If you have nothing to say concerning the ORIGINAL post, kindly walk away.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Rilwon: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
lol, who was the young man ? Is he jesus ? If you say yes, why dint the jew provide this young man to silent the apostles claim of the resurrected christ ? If the tomb was not empty, why did the apostles begins the preaching of the resurrection immediately ?

First of all you have to admit the fact that the empty tomb was not empty.

Admit?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by malvisguy212: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2016
Rilwon:

First of all you have to admit the fact that there is no empty tomb.

Admit?
lol, I think am done hear, when you ready to answer my questions, quote me, until then, am gone.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Rilwon: 9:32am On Jun 28, 2016
malvisguy212:
lol, I think am done hear, when you ready to answer my questions, quote me, until then, am gone.

Was the tomb empty? Yes or no.. You said YES.

You've been presented with fact that it wasn't empty, do you admit?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by RobinHez(m): 10:28am On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:

Okay, let's do this. We could spend ages indulging in endless speculations that have nothing to do with reality, so let's not do that. Let's anchor our speculations in reality by discussing only the things we have evidence for.

You seem to believe that the 11 disciples were all beaten, persecuted and killed for insisting that Jesus rose from the dead. That they all had a chance to save their lives by confessing that Jesus did not rise from the dead, but they all refused to do that, and for this reason they were all killed. Show me the evidence for that.

(Rilwayne001, thanks for your insightful comments on the Matthew story.)

I had the privilege of reading Foxe's book of Matyrs. And everything on the persecution of Christians till recent times were documented there (the disciples included)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxe's_Book_of_Martyrs

Also, Josephus, an historian at that time talked about the disciples and their "belief in a risen christ", how they were being killed.... Even by Nero who set fire on Rome and blamed it on the sect.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Seun(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
RobinHez:
I had the privilege of reading Foxe's book of Matyrs. And everything on the persecution of Christians till recent times were documented there (the disciples included)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxe's_Book_of_Martyrs

[s]Also, Josephus, an historian at that time talked about the disciples and their "belief in a risen christ", how they were being killed.... Even by Nero who set fire on Rome and blamed it on the sect.[/s]
Remember, we're talking about the persecution of the 11 disciples of Jesus who may have known that he didn't actually rise bodily. This is the part of Foxe's Book Of Matyrs that is relevant to this: www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/fox101.htm According to him, only John was not martyred.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by KingEbukaNaija: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:

Remember, we're talking about the persecution of the 11 disciples of Jesus who may have known that he didn't actually rise bodily. This is the part of Foxe's Book Of Matyrs that is relevant to this: www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/fox101.htm According to him, only John was not martyred.

Bro , sorry for derailing . I need to know : Why isn't the usual Islamic declaration on your profile since you do post regularly in the Islam section?

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Scholar8200(m): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is probably the most important event in Christianity. Apostle Paul said, "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith" (I Cor 15:14). He also said, "if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins". Did it really happen, though? Let's look at the evidence.

Mark, which was the first gospel to be written, describes the incident in chapter 16:

Is it reasonable to accept this as evidence that Jesus rose from the dead? Let's see.

Jesus was the T B Joshua of his time. He came from a humble background, was loved by the masses because of his miracle ministry, and was hated by the religious establishment which didn't accept him as a true man of God and felt that his teachings were unscriptural.

Now lets imagine that T. B Joshua died, and then 3 days later the 3 women who were closest to him when he was alive in his ministry came to you with this story: That they went to T B Joshua's grave to pray and lay flowers, but when they got there, they saw that the grave had been opened, the body missing and a young guy in a white suit was sitting there. And the guy told them that T B Joshua had risen from the dead.

Would it be reasonable to believe that T B Joshua had risen from the dead on the basis of this testimony? Wouldn't you be suspicious that T B Joshua's body had been stolen by his top pastors to make it appear that he had risen? That the man in white was just an accomplice of the thieves? That maybe the women were hallucinating due to their grief, or simply lying to hype their hero and crush?

That would only be if the followers of T.B.Joshua are as armed and rugged as ISIS, having what it takes to drive away the SEALS that were on guard! But what does the Bible reveal, the disciples were hiding when all this happened!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is probably the most important event in Christianity. Apostle Paul said, "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith" (I Cor 15:14). He also said, "if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins". Did it really happen, though? Let's look at the evidence.

Luke's Gospel, written about 10 years later, describes the same incident thus:

Notice how the story has been altered to solve the issues with the first one, and spiced up?

Imagine if, in the hypothetical case of TB Joshua's alleged resurrection, the women who told you about his empty grave came back 10 years later to tell the same story. But this time, instead of a young man in a white suit who was sitting by the grave when they arrived, they claim that there was no one at T B joshua's grave initially and then suddenly, two men in glowing suits as bright as the sun (implying angels) appeared before them and gave them a scriptural lesson. Would those changes make the story more believable to you, or less so?

2. Appearing To His Closest Followers

According to Mark's Gospel,

In short, Jesus' closest followers claimed that he appeared to them at various times after his body went missing. Jesus closest followers had everything to lose by his death, and everything to gain by getting people to believe the resurrection story. They had sold all their posessions and left their families and professions to join Jesus' ministry. With his death, that ministry was finished, but the ressurection story brought it back to life. Knowing about this serious conflict of interest, it reasonable to accept their testimony as evidence that the resurrection actually happened?

If TB Joshua died and the top pastors in his church said he appeared to them, would you believe it for one moment?

3. His Appearance To 500 Believers

According to 1 Corinthians 15:6,

This would seem like the least weak evidence for the resurrection, due to the sheer number of potential witnesses, until you start to wonder why none of the Gospels mentioned it. Not even imaginative Luke of the robes as white as lightening. Why would all the Gospel writers have choosen to leave out what would have been their strongest evidence? 500 witnesses! Because it didn't happen? Because it was too early to tell such a big lie and get away with it? I don't know.

And even if we want to at issume that it happened, we must not forget that it would be quite easy for any illusionist to stage the appearance of Jesus to people who strongly want to believe that he is still alive. Benny Hinn tells a story about Jesus appearing during one of his crusades, and people believe it.

Conclusion:
The evidence for the resurrection of Jesus is a bunch of testimonies attributed to people who had every reason to lie during a period when people were far more superstitious and gullible than we are today because they didn't have science. It's not sufficient to convince an objective modern person that a 3 day old corpse whose brain and heart would have decayed considerably actually came back to life, held meetings in person with various people, and then ascended into outer space. Or ... What do you think?

Some parts of the Bible aren't the way they truly are,

interpolation by bias translators

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by freshcvvs: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Scholar8200:

That would only be if the followers of T.B.Joshua are as armed and rugged as ISIS, having what it takes to drive away the SEALS that were on guard! But what does the Bible reveal, the disciples were hiding when all this happened!

But the disciples also moved with weapons or you didn't know?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Scholar8200(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
freshcvvs:

But the disciples also moved with weapons or you didn't know?
So,11 extremely frightened men descended on a band of well trained, fully armed soldiers with just 2 swords, and overpowered them, rolled away the stone and stole the body while the soldiers scampered to the pharisees to report that He rose from the dead and the pharisees bribed them to say instead that the disciples stole the body?? shocked

And then afterwards those disciples walk on the road while the same soldiers saw them and looked the other way?

Let's be reasonable!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by freshcvvs: 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
Scholar8200:
So,11 extremely frightened men descended on a band of well trained, fully armed soldiers with just 2 swords, and overpowered them, rolled away the stone and stole the body while the soldiers scampered to the pharisees to report that He rose from the dead and the pharisees bribed them to say instead that the disciples stole the body?? shocked

And then afterwards those disciples walk on the road while the same soldiers saw them and looked the other way?

Let's be reasonable!

How many armed men were there?
Was it not recorded they were fast asleep? What if they were drugged? Not possible?

Just thinking aloud and not to join in this back and forth stories.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Scholar8200(m): 4:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
freshcvvs:

How many armed men were there?
Was it not recorded they were fast asleep? What if they were drugged? Not possible?

Just thinking aloud and not to join in this back and forth stories.
Drugged with Another anachronism here! You need some enlightenement here:
http://bibleview.org/en/bible/easter/soldiers/
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by dada01(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Fynestboi:

@bolded really? undecided

Really, could you be serious

who emotional blackmail don epp?

abeg u ena fit comot make we even no how many of still remain.

or may be seun go apologize so u go stay.

Iranu
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by RobinHez(m): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
Seun:

Remember, we're talking about the persecution of the 11 disciples of Jesus who may have known that he didn't actually rise bodily. This is the part of Foxe's Book Of Matyrs that is relevant to this: www.ccel.org/f/foxe/martyrs/fox101.htm According to him, only John was not martyred .
John escaped martyrdom twice... By divine intervention. He was plunged into a Claudrom of hot oil. He was to later write the book of Revelations in the island of Patmos.

The reason for directing you to that information (as you rightly requested for evidence) was to show proof that the disciples did suffer for what they believed.

As Foxe puts it..
As it is not our business to enlarge upon our Savior's history, either before or after His crucifixion, we shall only find it necessary to remind our readers of the discomfiture of the Jews by His subsequent resurrection. Although one apostle had betrayed Him; although another had denied Him, under the solemn sanction of an oath; and although the rest had forsaken Him, unless we may except "the disciple who was known unto the high-priest"; the history of His resurrection gave a new direction to all their hearts, and, after the mission of the Holy Spirit, imparted new confidence to their minds. The powers with which they were endued emboldened them to proclaim His name, to the confusion of the Jewish rulers, and the astonishment of Gentile proselytes.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by freshcvvs: 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Scholar8200:
Drugged with Another anachronism here! You need some enlightenement here:
http://bibleview.org/en/bible/easter/soldiers/

Sending a bible bias link to refute a bible contrary view? You're so smart in reverse.

1 Like

Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by Scholar8200(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
freshcvvs:

Sending a bible bias link to refute a bible contrary view? You're so smart in reverse.
Isnt that wonderful? cheesy

In any case, the point remains that there were fully armed soldiers there whose efficiency earns their life and failure costs their life and the 11 were holed up in a room for fear of the jews hence the lie that the Body was stolen by the same disciples is an exact illustration of what I just called it.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by analice107: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
ritababe:

check all his thread and see how he mocks Christianity, let me speak my mind.
Just wait for a ban
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by analice107: 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
ritababe:

so that gives him the right to insult ones religion?
And you will never see him say a word against Islam. Someone said he is afraid of muslims.
Atheists don't issues with other religions, it's only Christianity, Shouldn't that tell you there's something about us?
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by freshcvvs: 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2016
Scholar8200:
Isnt that wonderful? cheesy

In any case, the point remains that there were fully armed soldiers there whose efficiency earns their life and failure costs their life and the 11 were holed up in a room for fear of the jews hence the lie that the Body was stolen by the same disciples is an exact illustration of what I just called it.

You gave them the fully armed weapons lolz.
Re: The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ by dalaman: 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
Scholar8200:

Let's be reasonable!

The problem is that you guys ASSUME that the stories were written by an eye witness. Remember these stories were written at least 40 -70 years after the alleged event by christians who were telling stories about Jesus to promote the newly founded religion. These guys were just writing fiction that is why the gospel account concerning the resurrection kept changing and being embellished. The first gospel said the women saw man, the next gospel written 10 years after the second one said they saw two men buy the time you get to the last gospel written like 30 years after the first they ladies saw two angels. The writers of the gospel were us writing their stories for people to believe and follow their new religion. They weren't writing down actually historical events. The gospels were written way to long after the supposed event happened to carry any true meaning.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors / Apostle Mike Wealth: "Many Students Will Die In Rivers, House Will Be On Fire" / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.