Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Fear God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fear God! (399 Views)

When A Christian Says, "God Told Me ....", Does He Truly Fear God? / Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis / Do Christians Truly Fear God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fear God! by elveco: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

From the above, we could see that it is only the wise that fears God. It is appalling that most "Christians" are Church goers and lack the fear of God.

Brethren, serving God or being a Christian is beyond going to church or your responsibility therein. It is a lifestyle or a way of life. God have given us His word to live by.

The question you must ask yourself is "why you are doing what you are doing". Many follow God or go to Church simply for a better life. It is beyond that. God wants continuous fellowship with His children both in open and in secret. To be good Christians, we must submit to His precepts and be led by His spirit (Rom. 8:14).

I went to see a friend yesterday, and he told me that his church want to print IV and brochure. He wanted them to give me the job but they said they will give me the IV to print. He emphasised that a lot of money is spent on the brochure. But those in charge prefer giving it to their own person because they will demand for 10 percent. And I told him that I will not agree with the 10 percent thing. That I have a woman that is currently very angry with me as a result of such. He didn't say anything further. I told him that those in such practice are attracting poverty upon their selves.

Where is the fear of God that should be rooted in us as Christians?
Ecclesiastes 12:13 says; Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
While 1 Timothy 6:6 says; But godliness with contentment is great gain.

If you are in such practice, please desist. Live an exemplary life in the open and in secret.

Let us fear God. He cares!

Stay blessed.

cc: OMA4J

(1) (Reply)

Faith Versus Science / Should Christians Say Amen To A Muslim's Blessing. / You Have Labored Enough; Your Reward Time Has Come (why You Are Not Progressing)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.