Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

‘we Should Apologise To Gays, Women And Exploited Children’ – Pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘we Should Apologise To Gays, Women And Exploited Children’ – Pope Francis (390 Views)

Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Christians Should Apologize To Gays - Pope Francis Says / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘we Should Apologise To Gays, Women And Exploited Children’ – Pope Francis by princevee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Asked by a journalist about a comment made by a German Cardinal who had said that the church ought to apologize for its negative atittude to gays.

He was also quried if the church bears any responsibility in the hate expressed on LGBT community as evidenced in the Orlando massacre where 49 persons were killed.
“I will repeat what I said on my first trip. I repeat what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says: that they must not be discriminated against, that they must be respected and accompanied pastorally.”
“One can condemn, but not for theological reasons, but for reasons of political behavior…Certain manifestations are a bit too offensive for others, no? … But these are things that have nothing to do with the problem.”

“The problem is a person that has a condition, that has good will and who seeks God, who are we to judge? And we must accompany them well…this is what the catechism says, a clear catechism.”

“Then there are traditions in some countries, in some cultures that have a different mentality on this problem. I think that the Church must not only ask forgiveness – like that “Marxist Cardinal” said (laughs) – must not only ask forgiveness to the gay person who is offended.”

“But she must ask forgiveness to the poor too, to women who are exploited, to children who are exploited for labor. She must ask forgiveness for having blessed so many weapons. The Church must ask forgiveness for not behaving many times – when I say the Church, I mean Christians.”

READ FULL STORY HERE :: http://www.veenaija.com/apologise-gays-women-exploited-children-pope-francis/#.V3ExHDUfhQI

(1) (Reply)

How To Build Your Faith As A Christian / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 24/07/2016) / Rhema For Living Devotional - August 6th To 12th.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.