Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

My Sister And I - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Sister And I (1369 Views)

"Wole Soyinka And I On Our Way Back To Nigeria" - Prince Adeyinka Success Says / The Governor's Son And I / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister And I by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Yeah, I have read a lot of stories both the inspirational, funny and a lots more here. Now it's time to write mine.

Watch out!!!!

Title - MY SISTER AND I

YEAR OF PRODUCTION - 2016

Style of writing- Pidgin , English, Yoruba

Coming soon.......
Re: My Sister And I by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Episode One.... MY SISTER AND I

Ajegunle!!!!

Looking so tired, feeling depressed, I entered the yellow bus calling Ajegunle
So engrossed in my thoughts about the illness of my mum, i don't know when the conductor shouted Ajegunle, i. e it's time for me to Alight. Someone touched me and asked, "Are you not going to Ajegunle? Back to life, I nodded my head in affirmation.
I looked at the face beside me and could see a beautiful lady. Light in complexion, has a nice figured shape, everything about her are just perfect.
Yea, you might begin to wonder, is this the same guy in sorrow?.
One adage in Mali says, "No matter the condition of a dog, it will still eat sheath. Yes, that my nature, I so much like the female folks. No matter the situation, once i met a lady, my problems is over. My mom once told me that i am a replica of my dad in that aspect. A least, you go collect something from your papa, it could be face, character, voice, brain, etc, if not, you are a bastard. (lol that's the believe of a typical Nigeria family)
Actually the girl was going to onipanu and that is the next bus stop, I don't really know how she got to knew that am going to Ajegunle, probably she heard me telling the conductor. Anyway, I don't need to know sef. We both alighted at onipanu bus stop, just with 200naira on me (i. e the original money for Ajegunle, I tried to explain to the conductor but he shouted at me.). If you have ever been to Lagos, then you will know how conductors shout. Lol
The conductor started molesting, feeling pitied on me, the girl later intervened. She paid for my transport fare. So ashamed of myself, I thanked the girl and she smiled back, hmm her smile can kill thou. One thing that made me attracted to females is my handsomeness . To be candid, I fine pass Ronaldo.
We exchanged numbers and wave at each other and i headed to the garage where i will get a bus back to Ajegunle. Now back to reality, I remembered my sick mother and my little sister, oh have spent almost 3hrs. I hurriedly got home but what i noticed frightened me. I heard cries and wailings in our sitting room. Different types of slippers at our door steps. Indeed, something has happened............... To be continued
Re: My Sister And I by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2016
MY SISTER AND I. EPISODE 2

I stepped inside and i could see my younger sister crying and people patting her. "I heard, " sorry, don't allow the death of your mother to wane you down.they said.

Different thought ran through my mind, "Could my mother be dead? Could I be dreaming? Who will take care of me and my younger sister?
Immediately, Sweat covered my body, I looked at the face of my sister, feeling dejected as she continues to cry uncontrollably. I ran inside the room, and i could see my mom laying lifeless. So my mother is also leaving us, after my father had died when I was six years.

I am in my early 22years while my sister is in her final year in secondary school preparing for her SSCE exams. After my secondary school exam, i had to quit schooling so as to help my sick mother and to allow my younger sister complete with her education. Early in the morning, I will rush outside to the busy ojota road with a carton of gala on my head trying to make ends meet. Buy your #50 gala, at times, to sell faster, I would say "Buy four, get one for free. Hmmm... E no easy

My mother will always say.... No matter the circumstances, you and your sister must take each other as one. There is no love lost between I and my sister. When you see us, you might conclude that we are husband and wife. She share secrets with me and also at times we crack jokes together. My sister is the Head girl of her school and you can easily deduced that she's the brilliant type unlike me wey no sabi 2-2.....lol

People started leaving our house one after the other,(that's life, you have to face the reality) Our landlord was the last to leave. Before the death of my mother, we are owning two months house rent and he has been threatening to send us out of the house. Amazingly, for the first time, I can see our landlord being pathetic, he nodded his head and went out. Bent my head in sorrow, my sister said, MY BROTHER, is really mum dead?

I looked into her face and bursted into tears, I tapped her and told her not to worry
""Alero, don't panic, life is sometimes like this, We will get over this one day. "I Said...
So I can turn to a counsellor.... Lol. My sister slept off in my hand, hmm am sure the tears made her to fell asleep. Some minutes later, I received a call, grudgingly I picked my phone.......

Guess who it was........

Do you know who it was......
Re: My Sister And I by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2016
MY SISTER AND I (episode 3)

I rushed to pick my small Nokia phone (which I had patched with paper tape), I saw an unknown number and I eagerly picked it up. "Hello" I heard a voice that could make one feel as if one is in paradise. Curiously I replied, sorry who's this, the voice is like that of a female but i still doubts if it really was.

Caller - Guy, so you no get my number again
Me - hmm, sorry o, i lost all my contacts (i lied)
Caller - OK o, na Ibrahim dey call you

Ibrahim was my classmate in secondary school. We nicknamed him "hermaphrodite" (which literally means someone who has both male and female sex organs). We gave him this name because he normally acts like a female although he is a guy. He has all the characteristics of a female even to his voice (but he no get female thing o) .So you might be easily deceived by his sonorous and enticing female voice. Though not that brilliant, but through the influence of his Dad, he gained admission into the university. In fact he's pursuing a degree in LAW in a top university.

Hmm, am sure you know who I thought could have called been (dirty minds). Lol, " I didn't no say na hermaphrodite dey call". We spoke for some minutes about our old secondary school mates, who he told me are all doing fine. After the call, I feel dejected and thought to myself (you are still on the same spot like a dam when your mate are ahead ). Tears ran through my eyes and I stared and saw a book staring at me.
LIFE (that's the title of the book written by Cole Bentley). I flanged through the book and later slept off. At 5 am, the sound of the mosque beside our house woke me up. I yawned and thought, "another day again, is this how life is meant to be 'what a world ?
I checked my little sister who was still sleeping. The thought about my mother's death came again and depressed me for a while. I remembered a sub topic in the book I flanged through yesterday which was, " THE GREATEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD HAD ONE TIME HAD THE GREATEST PROBLEMS".
Feeling inspired, I hurriedly arranged my Gala in its carton which I always sell before 7am, so as to returned home to take care of my little sister and give her some parts of the money. I shut and door and hopped out in the early morning dew.
Re: My Sister And I by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 28, 2016
Still reading......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister And I by Tolulopefinest(m): 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
slyIsaac:
Still reading......
slyIsaac:
Still reading......

Cool right?

(1) (Reply)

Enclosed (a Story) / Married To A Monster Episode 2 / My Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.