Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog (7986 Views)

11 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog / Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog For Your Business / 10 Things You Must Know And Have Before Creating A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by wizkidblogger(f): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tuham:

you can turn that line into a track | this ain't a celebrity nor music section bro, this is a WEBMASTER section.
You either add suggestion or criticize. #GBAM

Bro? Smh** shine your eyes Mr Webmaster
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Realtouchnot: 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tuham:

then have you made your choice as to whether you're going to use the blogger or wordpress platform.
Moreover which niche(topic) do you want to blog on?

Blogger. The topic is health
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by careercrew1: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tuham:

i would have loved to do a 'thorough checkup' on it but Time won't currently permit me |
Please help me out.. Check it and let me know where to adjust
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
careercrew1:
Please help me out.. Check it and let me know where to adjust
judging from the mobile browser #1 here (cos i use 2 mobile browsers to see how well a blog's design), the post snippet on your blog is too long kindly shorten it small (you can use the autoread more widget for easier method)
2. You should try to include image on your post to make it better
3. The search box widget is not showing on the browser am using here (how about you use a 3rd party searchbox)
Thats all for now. Am not feeling so well and might not be able to check other things
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
Realtouchnot:

Blogger. The topic is health
since you've decide, try and ruminate on the name you want to get for your domain name and also gets a good responsive well designed template. (i can do the two for you at a certain fee if you'd like).
Are you ready for these?
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
wizkidblogger:

Bro? Smh** shine your eyes Mr Webmaster
e don already shine.. You wey be male and dey claim female
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
Sasuwa:
am all ears
if you and a friend have a store not so far from each other but differently. Then i sat from a very far place looking at both of you as to whom is going to make the better sales.
Now 500 people came to your shop to buy something whilst just 70 people went to your friend's shop | at the end of the day, you later find out only 35 people actually buy something from you and 65 people bought goods from your friend
I still looking afar would be wondering as to how big money is going to fill your pocket AND would feel pity for your friend for having fewer crowds | but if taking a closer look, one would realise the reverse is the case
- If you can't still grab what i implies from this post, then you need to pay me money for further explanation
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by macloaded: 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tuham:

if you and a friend have a store not so far from each other but differently. Then i sat from a very far place looking at both of you as to whom is going to make the better sales.
Now 500 people came to your shop to buy something whilst just 70 people went to your friend's shop | at the end of the day, you later find out only 35 people actually buy something from you and 65 people bought goods from your friend
I still looking afar would be wondering as to how big money is going to fill your pocket AND would feel pity for your friend for having fewer crowds | but if taking a closer look, one would realise the reverse is the case
- If you can't still grab what i implies from this post, then you need to pay me money for further explanation

The 35 people might buy things worth #5k each while the 65 people might have just bought things worth #50 each.

When quality stuffs are sold in a store, a lot of people go there but only few end up buying something
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by macloaded: 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tuham:

The niche is dead because everybody are saying what someone has already said | before i suffer my finger to reply you more, do you anyone who goes with the name Neil Patel or the Owner of ShoutMeLoud?

These guys started blogging when the niche was still fresh and so are authorities in that niche
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 01, 2016
macloaded:

These guys started blogging when the niche was still fresh and so are authorities in that niche
It doesn't matter. Why is it that some people who started before them or maybe the same time with them isn't known to us?
They simply possess one thing that the others don't.
And there are still people who started recently and had made it.
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 01, 2016
macloaded:

The 35 people might buy things worth #5k each while the 65 people might have just bought things worth #50 each.

When quality stuffs are sold in a store, a lot of people go there but only few end up buying something

i ought to have add price in the story. What i simply mean is that, a blog MIGHT gets lower traffic and yet be earning larger source of income than the one that have a large amount of traffic.
Have you heard about the Pareto Law?
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by careercrew1: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2016
Tuham:

judging from the mobile browser #1 here (cos i use 2 mobile browsers to see how well a blog's design), the post snippet on your blog is too long kindly shorten it small (you can use the autoread more widget for easier method)
2. You should try to include image on your post to make it better
3. The search box widget is not showing on the browser am using here (how about you use a 3rd party searchbox)
Thats all for now. Am not feeling so well and might not be able to check other things
Thanks..i wanted to use pictures but I was told that if I use pictures that weren't mine, I might not qualify for Adsense.. Please what do you advice I do.
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Sasuwa(f): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2016
Tuham:

i get ur point, but rate this my niche physics tutorials
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 03, 2016
Sasuwa:
i get ur point, but rate this my niche physics tutorials
you mean you blog on physics tutorial?
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Sasuwa(f): 8:02am On Jul 03, 2016
Tuham:

you mean you blog on physics tutorial?
yes , also see the blog url www.sasuwaphysics..com
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2016
careercrew1:
Thanks..i wanted to use pictures but I was told that if I use pictures that weren't mine, I might not qualify for Adsense.. Please what do you advice I do.
it isn't advisable to use pictures from Google. How about you create your own picture or.....
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by careercrew1: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2016
Tuham:

it isn't advisable to use pictures from Google. How about you create your own picture or.....
Getting my own pictures is a little bit difficult as I will have to get a good camera and models to take the picture. ..Someone adviced I used Photoshop.
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by abtechy: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Actually I will just say go for WordPress because it easy and have millions of plugins to Customise to your choice. Get blog like. Techcabal.com. Digitalclique.com.ng jollyboss.com for just 15000. Call us now 08069026433 or send an email to cosmasokeke04@gmail.com
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
careercrew1:
Getting my own pictures is a little bit difficult as I will have to get a good camera and models to take the picture. ..Someone adviced I used Photoshop.

if you can't do that, there are some websites that offer free photos which you are free to use
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
yes , also see the blog url www.sasuwaphysics..com
am really surprised at your niche, i hope you didnt plan to monetise it later sha?
And you need to work on your design
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by careercrew1: 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Tuham:

if you can't do that, there are some websites that offer free photos which you are free to use
Please can you give me the link?
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by bikerboy1(m): 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
Tuham:

i ought to have add price in the story. What i simply mean is that, a blog MIGHT gets lower traffic and yet be earning larger source of income than the one that have a large amount of traffic.
Have you heard about the Pareto Law?

please can you enlighten us on how to make your blog earn large even with little traffic ? mbok-please?
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
bikerboy1:

please can you enlighten us on how to make your blog earn large even with little traffic ? mbok-please?
you can either 'google it' for FREE
or contact me via fb fanpage for 'consultation fee'
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
careercrew1:
Please can you give me the link?
checkout stocksnap.io

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2016
bikerboy1:

you can sell your products/services or do affliate
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Starllion(f): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2016
True talk
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Tianahsblog: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
smiley cry
Re: 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog by Iggyok(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2016
Please i need a site to start blogging,any mentor to guide me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Send Unlimited Emails With Free Php Mailer / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Learn Web Design & App Development LIVE On Whatsapp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.