Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Ugwu Farming - Urgent - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ugwu Farming - Urgent (4729 Views)

How To Start Ugwu Farming In Nigeria / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / 11 Reasons Why We Must All Embark On Mass Vegetable & Ugwu Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwu Farming - Urgent by FKBZ: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good day all,

I need someone who is willing to educate me or refer to a thread on the their is to know about vegetable farming(ugwu,pepper,shoko, etc).

I have an acre somewhere i need to resign from my job and start anyhow.

i need someone who would be truthful and willing to tell me all the pros and cons.

Also if there is anyone who does it for export,kindly teach me or put me through especially the storage process

Pls help....

1 Like

Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by saliubello(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
FKBZ:
Good day all,

I need someone who is willing to educate me or refer to a thread on the their is to know about vegetable farming(ugwu,pepper,shoko, etc).

I have an acre somewhere i need to resign from my job and start anyhow.

i need someone who would be truthful and willing to tell me all the pros and cons.

Also if there is anyone who does it for export,kindly teach me or put me through especially the storage process

Pls help....
I feel your enthusiasm and passion. But I must advise you not to quit that your paid job while you get your footings right on this Ugwu journey you intend to embark upon.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by FKBZ: 5:50am On Jun 29, 2016
saliubello:
I feel your enthusiasm and passion. But I must advise you not to quit that your paid job while you get your footings right on this Ugwu journey you intend to embark upon.

Thanks thats why i want to learn....am not venturing only in ugwu though.Would definitely have other source of income.

But i need to start in earnest,thats y i need a teacher..you know anyone.

Quiiting this job is sha inevitable.....lol grin
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by bbmoringa: 9:13am On Jun 29, 2016
I AM 100% READY TO PUT U THROUGH THE PRONS & CONS OF YOUR NEW ADVENTURE BUT UR LOCATION MATTERS ALOT,LAGOS/OGUN/IBADAN WOULD BE A BETTER LOCATION IF U WANT TO EXPORT,BUT I ONLY KNW ABOUT UGU EXPORTING TO GHANA,A BUNDLE SOLD FOR N150 IN NIGERIA GOES FOR N1,000 IN GHANA AT PRESENT,BUT U HAVE TO BE SMART ON ITS TRANSPORTATION SO THAT U COULD GET THEM FRESH TO GHANA,INORDER TO COMMAND GOOD PRICE.SO CLOSENESS TO THESE TOWNS WUD MAKE TRANSPORTATION & OTHER LOGISTICS EASIER INORDER TO ATTAIN GOOD PROFIT.
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by bbmoringa: 9:34am On Jun 29, 2016
TO START WITH,CLEAR UR LAND,U DONT NEED TO MAKE RIDGES.THEN FOR UR UGU SEEDS,GO TO MILE 2,OJA ILE EPO,IKOTUN MARKET OR OTTA MARKET(IF U AR IN LAGOS)BUY SEEDS EITHER IN PODS,OR REMOVED FRM D PODS,DRY 4 24HRS,THEN EITHER PLANT DIRECTLY MAKING THE POINTED SIDE FACE THE GROUND,AT 2FT WITHIN & 3FT BETWEEN ROWS,UR SEED WILL GERMINATE AT 8-10DAYS,APPLY UREA : NPK AT RATIO 3:1, AT 3WKS TO GERMINATION,THEN U DO UR FIRST HARVEST IN THE 7TH WEEK OF PLANTING.

1 Like

Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by Dhoneys: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2016
@ bbmoringa, thanks for the info and pls continue cos am learning
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by FKBZ: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
bbmoringa:
TO START WITH,CLEAR UR LAND,U DONT NEED TO MAKE RIDGES.THEN FOR UR UGU SEEDS,GO TO MILE 2,OJA ILE EPO,IKOTUN MARKET OR OTTA MARKET(IF U AR IN LAGOS)BUY SEEDS EITHER IN PODS,OR REMOVED FRM D PODS,DRY 4 24HRS,THEN EITHER PLANT DIRECTLY MAKING THE POINTED SIDE FACE THE GROUND,AT 2FT WITHIN & 3FT BETWEEN ROWS,UR SEED WILL GERMINATE AT 8-10DAYS,APPLY UREA : NPK AT RATIO 3:1, AT 3WKS TO GERMINATION,THEN U DO UR FIRST HARVEST IN THE 7TH WEEK OF PLANTING.

Thanks dear.... i tried to add you on whatsapp but its seem you are not present there...

Can i have a way to contact you.and set up a meeting next month.

Thank you.
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by bbmoringa: 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
FKBZ:

Thanks dear.... i tried to add you on whatsapp but its seem you are not present there...

Can i have a way to contact you.and set up a meeting next month.

Thank you.
my whatsapp will be back by next week latest,we can arrange for a meetg.
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by FKBZ: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
bbmoringa:
my whatsapp will be back by next week latest,we can arrange for a meetg.

Aiit,would follow up on your whatsapp via this thread.

Pls other contributions are welcomed...thanks.....
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by FKBZ: 6:31am On Jul 01, 2016
bbmoringa:
Hello am thinking for next week maybe tuesday ,Lagos that's if you are available.and if not wed if you be in Ibadan.
Or suggest a time you be available.
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by bbmoringa: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2016
FKBZ:

Hello am thinking for next week maybe tuesday ,Lagos that's if you are available.and if not wed if you be in Ibadan.
Or suggest a time you be available.
ok,but lets talk on 08023589841

1 Like

Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by nssien123: 12:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
pls can someone shed more light on exporting ugwu to Ghana, am bases in ibadan

1 Like

Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by livegreendee(f): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
@bbmoringer can you pls tell us how i am based in badagry my father farms ugu i will love to help him
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by azeshu(f): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by Ifakiland(m): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
i urgently need ugwu seeds enough for 2plots of land.....09093191919. thank you.
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by snipesdam(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
OP please don't murder the name, correct spelling cry is UGU. Ugwu is actually someone's surname please edit Topic
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by Simon94(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2017
Where can i get ugwu seed in kaduna state.
Re: Ugwu Farming - Urgent by pakingzzzzz(m): 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Simon94:
Where can i get ugwu seed in kaduna state.

We supply..
How many do you need?

(1) (Reply)

I Catch This Big Fish At My Farm / Consult us for Soyabean production in Nigeria and management / ARE FARMERS RICH? - 5 Truths You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.