Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,913 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 (2168 Views)

Grace Oyelude Looking Graceful At 86, Years After Winning First Miss Nigeria / Oyindamola Ajomole, Face Of Nigeria World Winner, Covers VL Magazine / Meet The World’s Youngest Living Queen, Who Was Crowned At Age 21 (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 29, 2016
In reply to this thread....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11303129/Miss-World-bikini-round-cancelled-after-63-years.html

I did a research after reading the thread and everyone saying "miss Nigeria shouldn't be wearing bikini, end time things, bla bla".

Anyway I bring to you, proof that Bikini walk or whatever it's called, has been in the Miss World contest longer than a lot of people think. The bikini walk was a part of the contest for 63 years. Yep you heard me. "In 1951, the first Miss World winner, Sweden’s Kiki Håkansson, was crowned on stage while wearing a bikini". Although it was cancelled in 2014 because Queens are judged by their intelligence not beauty. My point is it existed for a long time.

Lalasticlala and the mods

I have attached a screenshot from Wikipedia.

Source http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11303129/Miss-World-bikini-round-cancelled-after-63-years.html

Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by UndisputedBosom(m): 1:31am On Jun 29, 2016
No pegent is complete without "BIKINI'S"
Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by ishowdotgmail(m): 1:32am On Jun 29, 2016
No be today
Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by darmys(f): 1:35am On Jun 29, 2016
E dom tey wey yansh dey back...or how do they say it.

1 Like

Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 29, 2016
darmys:
E dom tey wey yansh dey back...or how do they say it.
It haff tey that female is spread nyansh....
Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 29, 2016
As it was in the days of Noah....
Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by Eze2000(m): 2:27am On Jun 29, 2016
So the world was spoilt at an early age?

Meanwhile I've finished collecting information, much information and I've turned it into a novel, my second novel to be launched here on Nairaland. check it out.

DIRTY DIAMONDS OF BOKO HARAM
Follow this link to read it for free.

https://www.nairaland.com/3185856/dirty-diamonds-boko-haram-part

RUTHLESS BETRAYALS
https://www.nairaland.com/2941054/ruthless-betrayals-story-love-betrayals

Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by poshestmina(f): 2:34am On Jun 29, 2016
;DMost girls who went for beauty contests "those days" had already been disowned by their families or disowned immediately after it.

Story:My grandma
Re: The First Miss World Winner Wore Bikini When She Was Crowned In 1951 by youngest85(m): 3:41am On Jun 29, 2016
God save u say u put this...

Story:My grandma[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Mariah Carey Shares Sexy Photos Of Her Body Covered With Just Soap Foam [PICS] / Kim Kardashian Shared "Bathroom Selfie Right Before Pablo Hits The Stage" / Video:pastor E.A Adeboye's Son Leke And Comedian Woli Arole At Youth Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.