Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

The Lord Is Our Protector - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord Is Our Protector (369 Views)

What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? / Jehovah The LORD Is The King Of Israel And The King Of Israel Is Jesus Christ / The Lord Is Calling The University Of Lagos, Nigeria, To Repentance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord Is Our Protector by yommyuk: 6:03am On Jun 29, 2016
We live in perilous times. Terrorist threats, political turmoil, xenophobia and ethnic/racial tensions on the rise, economic uncertainty, aggressive secularism, etc. everywhere. Personally, I see the Lord working on the background as prophesied in the book of Revelation. The day of the Lord is at hand.

Before David became the King of Israel, his role as a shepherd took him into dangerous zones (mountains), where not only armed robbers but also wild animals (Lions and Bears) posed a threat. His walk through these mountainous territories was also physically hazardous. Putting one-foot wrong could lead to death at the bottom of the valley.

Our lives can be like these rugged terrains. It is only the grace of God that enables one to go out and come back safely on a daily basis. That is the reason God gave us the Holy spirit to guide and empowers us. It takes away the fear and builds our trust in God. Through him (Holy Spirit), we can look into the future with hope that all will be well.

Psalms 121:1-8
I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the LORD, WHO made heaven and earth!
3 He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.
5 The LORD himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.6 The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.7 The LORD keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
8 The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.

Psalms 23:1-4
The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honour to his name.4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, [a]I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Subduing The Flesh / Christian Leaders Send Strong Message To Muslims-stop Preaching Hatred / The Different Between Holy And Looking Holy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.