Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) (838 Views)

The Parable Of The Truthful Gardener / Book Review- Black Boy By Richard Wright / My Life As A Yahoo Boy By Iphekitan/mainland (review) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) by MrBen10(m): 6:44am On Jun 29, 2016
I saw this story on a facebook friend's wall and i decided to share it here, its so inspiring and thought provocative and even Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, Refiner, Repogirl, dimssy, donkross1, Nikita, and Obinoscopy will love it.

My trip from Kaduna to Auchi was a long and heltic one and worst still, i am full of guilt with what happened thereafter.
I guess you all know me?
...my name still remain Ben Markson.
Pls Read My Story;
I alighted from the bus into the heat from the scorching sun, the heat from the sun together with the hunger ralvaging my tommy made me feel weak and tired.
I drag my roller-box along and held the smaller bag with my other hand to the roadside waiting for a bike, there i bought a lacasera drink and a gala from a roadside shop, and descended on them hungrily.
I was still gulping down the last content of the drink when i felt a hand touching me, it was a little boy's of about four years old, i couldn't understand what he was saying and i didn't even care to. I was the fourth person he was meeting, the three others who were also passengers ignored him.
He looked at me and said 'Brother please....'
I quickly wave him away without caring to listen to what he gat to say, kid beggars now everywhere.
But he didn't go away just instantly, he looked directly into my eyes with the look of tiredness, disappointment and an eagerness to say something, but i gave him a stern look and this made him look down, as he walk away disappointedly.
Kyiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! This was the screnching sound from a car's tyre holding an emergency brake, and trying to avoid a child who was in shock standing at the middle of the road.
Jesus!!!!!! I screamed.
We all rush to the scene trying to rescue the little child with all willingness, but it was already too late as he stretched his last, and died.
I lifted him up still hoping for a miracle, but his face sent shivers within me and guess what?
...he was the little child i wave away without giving a listening ear. He wasn't a beggar, he was actually asking us to help cross him to the other side of the road.
He tried to cross the road himself after nobody cared to listen to him, everybody he met refuse to cross him thinking he came to beg for alms.
I shed tears seeing his innocent body being laid to rest for a death that wasn't his cause;
But the cause of the four ignorant people he met on the way home who pay deaf ear to his plea.
The four people he met by the roadside who only care about his life just after he is dead.
The four ignorant people who values their drinks than to listen to his plea.
Even if he was a beggar, these four people despise him, but now that he is dead, they are now the one crying in regret even more than the bereaved.
I still feels the guilt of his death, the future of an innocent child has been cut short due to my ignorance, selfishness and wickedness.
What can i do to releive myself of this torment
But before you advice or rush here to judge me, listen up....!!
This little boy is in that your home, neigbourhood and even in our everyday society;
* This little boy is that man in your neigbourhood that is sick and needs care, but nobody is there to care for him.
* This little boy is that old woman whose burial her children killed three cows and laid her in a golden casket, making the burial a 'talk of the town', meanwhile they forsake her when she was alive and needed them most.
* This little boy is that brother rumbling in poverty but has brothers who own estate in choiced cities.
* This little boy is that youth whom you despised, but only came to promise his bereaved wife and mother heaven on earth.
* This little boy is that soul you killed for rituals.
* This little boy is that boy/girl you hit with your vehicle and ran away, leaving him to his/her fate.
* This little boy is that sales boy or house girl you keep maltreating without any thought of seeing him/her making it in life.
* This little boy is that poor aged woman you would under-price her wares with or without buying, even when you can see through her eyes that she sold it to you at a loss just because she needed the money.
* This little boy is just that person around you who needed your help out of that frustration and troubles but you bluntly refused.
Now, are you guilty as i was or you are gonna make amends today??
See,
That same Little boy is standing by the roadside of life just beside you, look around for him in your family, neigbhourhood and work-place and you shall find him there still hoping and trusting God for someone to help cross him to the other side of the road where he can continue his journey into success.

#DntBeLikeMe who refuse to help him cross the road when he was alive and needed to be crossed, but cried most when he was dead.
If you are that little boy, may you never come across the four ignorant people by the roadside. But rather, may your helpers never get rest until they lead you to the other side of the road where you will be favoured.
Amen.
This Story Is A Fiction And Written By:
Ben Markson
Source: https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1063460910414699&id=100002524012694&refid=17
Re: The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 29, 2016
grin be like say this one go make front page o... grin mah first piss , ah dey come.... grin

Cc : lalasticlala mynd44 fynesboi grin
Re: The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Sad. The evils of the world are winning.
Re: The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) by SirDavico(m): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Quite sad and Inspiring
Re: The Parable Of The Little Boy By The Roadside (an Inspiring Story) by MrBen10(m): 12:50am On Jun 30, 2016
Lalasticlala Seun Myndd Ishilove Cutehector Vikiz refiner Smellymouth (and all the Smelly family ) Mr Cork farano STFUareyougod obiorathesubtle
Isnt this an Inspiring story even as SNAKE is not involve?? . . Make i go find the little boy for my ghetto oo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Still You / When People Cease To Believe In God This Happens / Aminat The Girl That Change My Poor Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.