Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,697 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming (872 Views)

` / Masters Group Owner Uche Ogah Ventures Into Indomie Production,Employs Abians(pi / Dangote Ventures Into Car Manufacturing With Peugeot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 11:24am On Jun 29, 2016
Businesses that revolve around the 3 basic needs of life - Food, Shelter and Clothing - has always appealed to me. Hence, it was without a second thought that i learnt Agro-Allied ventures (rearing of snails, catfish and poultry) during my service 2ears ago

I am now finally set to venture into snail rearing because it is less capital intensive, doesn't require much space, feeding finance and much of your attention.

I still live in a rented apartment, so the snails will be reared in cages at my backyard. I have set aside 50,000naira for the construction of 2 large cages and purchase of snail breeders.

The construction of the cages will commence in 3days time and by next week, the cages should be fully stocked with snails. At each stage of the venture, updates will be shared on this thread.

Useful tips from practical or theoretical snail farmers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by etcme(m): 11:51am On Jun 29, 2016
Kudos! Do well to put up pictures when the main work starts.
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
etcme:
Kudos! Do well to put up pictures when the main work starts.

Thanks for the encouragement sir. I will upload pictures of the area i will use in the evening
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by comeandsee: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2016
MAY GOD HELP U TO MAKE SUCCESS . I AM INTERESTED AND WANT TO LEARN FROM U . THANKS
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
Good evening guys.

My farming site has been cleared.

Check out the pics.

Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 9:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
The first pic gives a long view of the site. Those two 2 by 2 woods lying against the wall and opposite each other (one lighter and the other darker in colour) marks where i will construct a kind of wooden barricade/entrance that i can lock to prevent thieves.

The 2nd pic gives a closer view of the site. From my rough estimation, the site can comfortably contain 3 cages: 1 against that wall directly opposite the camera and 2 against that wall adjacent the camera and extending almost to the center of the site.

The 3rd pic gives a shows the fence that separates the site and the next compound. I will have to mount barbed wires on that fence to prevent thieves as well.

I will also connect a bulb above the site that will light up at night to prevent thieves again.

Forgive my emphasis on "preventing thieves". My area na very rugged area. So I am very security-conscious
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 9:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pictures of some of the materials to be used for the cage construction

Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
I am sure the carpenter will be needing more materials tho. The window in the 4th pic contains that strong wire gauze popularly called "higher killer net". So i will extract it and use it for the cages.
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Please, if you have a snail cage already, kindly snap and upload it so that we can learn
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by odimbannamdi(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
comeandsee:
MAY GOD HELP U TO MAKE SUCCESS . I AM INTERESTED AND WANT TO LEARN FROM U . THANKS

Amen! Thanks for your good wish, brother

Just stay glued to this thread. Soon a lot of guys already into the business will be stopping by to drop hints, i guess
Re: A Nairalander Ventures Into Snail Farming by Pilate2016(m): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
May God bless your hustle

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Cardless Withdrawal Today / Plz Is MMM Nigeria For Real? OR A Scam / Bethphen Goody Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.