Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Does Religion Under-develop Societies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Religion Under-develop Societies? (577 Views)

Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? / Would You Deny Your Religion Under Threat Of Death? / Religion And Morality; Does Religion Have A Foundation For Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by Squeezepro: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
What kind of human beings does religion make of us men? This is probably a simple question, because to ask a man to value himself is a task that will almost probably not come out balanced.

What kind of society does religion make of our collective relationship? This is more challenging since what is at stake here is how our private religious orientations bears out on collective and cooperative life?

Does religion produce patriotic or selfish citizens? Does religion undermine or promote social cohesion? Does religions undermine or promote hard-work? Does religion liberate or enslave us our minds? Can religion contribute to solving social problems or does it make it worse?

What roles did religion play in bringing Nigeria to where it is today?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by hahn(m): 8:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
Squeezepro:
What kind of human beings does religion make of us men? This is probably a simple question, because to ask a man to value himself is a task that will almost probably not come out balanced.
What kind of society does religion make of our collective relationship? This is more challenging since what is at stake here is how our private religious orientations bears out on collective and cooperative life?
Does religion produce patriotic or selfish citizens? Does religion undermine or promote social cohesion? Does religions undermine or promote hard-work? Does religion liberate or enslave us our minds? Can religion contribute to solving social problems or does it make it worse?
What roles did religion play in bringing Nigeria to where it is today?

Where is Nigeria today? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by ifenes(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
hahn:

Where is Nigeria today? undecided

You deserve a medal for that question

4 Likes

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by hahn(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
ifenes:

You deserve a medal for that question

grin
Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
A quick run down.

Capital letter YES, Religion does more than under development to societies.

Human are social animals and binded by social construct. Now, As social beings who live in groups, chances are you would go with the norms of the group to blend in and feel among, just so you can be identified as part of the goup. This is why religion has existed till today.

Now, Hypothetically

Religion hasn't been tested to be verititible fact as its full of conjectures and psychedelics.
There are more than 5000 and more religions and out of which some has gone extinct, so how are you even sure yours is the true religion.
Religion was brought about by primitive men to explain the world and in that process, they even went as far as naming our very planet a god which is earth and other naming the other planets other names of random gods. They were that backward.

Fast forward to the Renaissance which foster science, art, literature etc, Actually it first stated by the ancient greeks a philosopher called Socrates who first emphasized on usage of logic but he was killed for questioning their religion and asking relevant questions. After his death, Greek never remained the same again which now brought about philosophy, maths, science etc, prior to logic already emphasized by socrates. Fast forward to the Renaissance era now....This was when religion was determine to be myth and the world is interesting if logically studied, Fast forward to to enlightment age, leonardo da vinci, Galilio etc started creative invention dumping the idea of God.

Fast forward to the industrial revolution, Liverpool England was like the super power of all the G8 countries put together, civilization took off....They need raw malterial, they came to steal raw malterial and even took you fore fore father to work for them as slave, WTF? They even gave you God after dumping God and discovered science, ha hahaha that s hit is crazy, White people are smart.

Till today, our black a ss still hold on to God and still depend on them for new innovation in every sphere of life.

So back to the fatal question.

Has religion under-develop your society? Me I no no the answer but I just know say if I see God in person I go shoot am for keeping black people ignorant.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by Lucky4real28(m): 2:37am On Jun 30, 2016
Damn right!!..couldn't agree more
aaronson:
A quick run down.

Capital letter YES, Religion does more than under development to societies.

Human are social animals and binded by social construct. Now, As social beings who live in groups, chances are you would go with the norms of the group to blend in and feel among, just so you can be identified as part of the goup. This is why religion has existed till today.

Now, Hypothetically

Religion hasn't been tested to be verititible fact as its full of conjectures and psychedelics.
There are more than 5000 and more religions and out of which some has gone extinct, so how are you even sure yours is the true religion.
Religion was brought about by primitive men to explain the world and in that process, they even went as far as naming our very planet a god which is earth and other naming the other planets other names of random gods. They were that backward.

Fast forward to the Renaissance which foster science, art, literature etc, Actually it first stated by the ancient greeks a philosopher called Socrates who first emphasized on usage of logic but he was killed for questioning their religion and asking relevant questions. After his death, Greek never remained the same again which now brought about philosophy, maths, science etc, prior to logic already emphasized by socrates. Fast forward to the Renaissance era now....This was when religion was determine to be myth and the world is interesting if logically studied, Fast forward to to enlightment age, leonardo da vinci, Galilio etc started creative invention dumping the idea of God.

Fast forward to the industrial revolution, Liverpool England was like the super power of all the G8 countries put together, civilization took off....They need raw malterial, they came to steal raw malterial and even took you fore fore father to work for them as slave, WTF? They even gave you God after dumping God and discovered science, ha hahaha that s hit is crazy, White people are smart.

Till today, our black a ss still hold on to God and still depend on them for new innovation in every sphere of life.

So back to the fatal question.

Has religion under-develop your society? Me I no no the answer but I just know say if I see God in person I go shoot am for keeping black people ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2016
RELIGION CONTINUALLY BITES AND CHEWS THE HUMAN BRAIN UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT IN THY HEAD! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by donnffd(m): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2016
I dont think its religion per say that underdevelops society, i think its dogmatism and inability to embrace change, which is one of the core principles of many religions but not all.

In terms of development and industrialization, no country has grown faster than the far eastern countries(China,Japan, South korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong e.t.c) and many of them are religious.

The jews are the most prosperous in any society that they are found and presently have gotten about 70% of all the nobel prizes won.

This goes to show that religion is not the problem, but if you examine closely, these religions has something majority dont, their willingness to change and accept new truths of the world.

Buddhism and Judaism are the two least dogmatic religions so far, go check it out, they are willing to learn and discuss and form new truths as the human condition changes.

So in essence, what am i saying, Healthy Religion is not bad for society, Dogmatic religion is the main evil of human kind.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Religion Under-develop Societies? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 30, 2016

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Chew Gum In The Church?? / Muslims In Italy, France Join Catholic Mass To Mourn French Priest / Woman Dies After Pastor Places Big Speaker On Her To Demonstrate God's Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.