Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR (873 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / Unpaid Allowances: Corps Members Stage Protest, Disrupt NYSC POP In Kano / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by mrphysics(m): 5:53am On Jun 30, 2016
Tensions heightened on Wednesday at the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orientation camp in Karaye when corps members belonging to Batch A, Stream 2 in Kano State staged a protest over the non-payment of their allowances.
The protesters disrupted the passing-out parade attended by Kano State Commissioner of Information Moh'd Garba. While protesters demanded the payment of their allowances, Kano State NYSC Coordinator Malam Abdullai Yusuf Baba said the corps members should have received their first payment alerts either at 4 PM on Tuesday or early Wednesday morning.
Mr. Garba was welcomed to the ceremony by corps members chanting, “Hey hey yawah go dey. Hey hey yawah go dey if allowee no pay, yawah go dey.” All attempts by Mr. Garba to calm down the crowd failed as parade attendees began to leave the, parade grounds.
In an effort to assuage the protesters, Mr. Abdullahi promised to pay the corps members their allowances in cash before leaving the camp.
The protest lasted over three hours before NYSC employees eventually brought the money from the bank to pay the corps members their allowances.
Speaking on the arrival of the allowance, Mr. Garba commended the corps members for not allowing the protest to devolve into a crisis.
“I will not condemn you for expressing your displeasure. I know we are passing through a tense economic situation,” he told the protesters.
Mr. Garba added, however, that they could have respected the Sarki Karaye, who he said was the representative of the Emir of Kano, Malam Mohammed Sanusi, by expressing their grievances in a subtle manner.
The passing-out ceremony never came to pass, as after the money arrived, corps members rushed to collect their long-awaited allowances.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/29/nysc-members-stage-protest-kano-over-unpaid-allowances

Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by youngest85(m): 5:54am On Jun 30, 2016
so mr Garba kept d money in his account in order to yield interest.....

Dnt worry ur account wl soon b frozen!

I knw say na zenith bank dat money go deh
Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by mrphysics(m): 5:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Lalasticlala have you seen this?? seun what of you, move it to the NYSC permanent orientation camp on Nairaland, front page
Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by mrphysics(m): 6:00am On Jun 30, 2016

Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by youngest85(m): 6:03am On Jun 30, 2016
[quote author=mrphysics post=47057579][/quote]
Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by mrphysics(m): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2016
youngest85:
so mr Garba kept d money in his account in order to yield interest.....

Dnt worry ur account wl soon b frozen!

I knw say na zenith bank dat money go deh

Upon the fact that the state does not pay a dime even to medical corps members, yet they still delay the allowances. Up till now, the batch A stream one and Batch B are yet to receive their Allawee.

Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by slimthugchimee(m): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2016
pinshure or idonbilivit
Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by Oche211(m): 7:10am On Jun 30, 2016
Hehehehehehehe boys are nt smiling
Re: NYSC Members Stage Protest In Kano State-SR by mrphysics(m): 7:15am On Jun 30, 2016
Lalasticlala how was your night nah? I know say seun don pay you. FG never pay us

(1) (Reply)

See How This Female Corper Rocked Her Uniform (Pictured) / Adamawa PCM Let Meet Here O / One Month Intensive Skill Acquisition Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.