Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Learn How To Repair Laptops For Free And Make Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn How To Repair Laptops For Free And Make Money (850 Views)

How To Repair Iphone That Won't Turn On / Italy Oil Firm, ENI To Repair Port Harcourt Refinery / 28hours Training Video On How To Repair Airconditioner/refridgerator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Repair Laptops For Free And Make Money by gooddynews(m): 8:34am On Jun 30, 2016
LAPTOP REPAIR Part 1

Basic tools used by a Laptop Technician
“discussion of both hand and power tools used”
Here I will list the tools common name, then, I will give a brief description of that tool’s
usages relating to Laptop repairing. Please note: Being that this is a DIY book, I will omit the
tools that the
average person can not obtain or tools that would be out of price range for most individuals.
Phillips Head Screwdriver
This is not the
average sized screwdriver, as that would be too large for the tiny screws used on laptops today.
This is the micro-sized screwdriver, which can be bought at your local Home Improvement store. I
myself use an all-in-one screwdriver that houses the extra tips inside the screwdriver itself. Then, I
also use the screwdriver set from an Eyeglass Repair Kit, or better yet, go on Ebay.com and search
out: IPod Repair tool kit… this will include 3 or so screwdrivers and a couple plastic pictures for
prying parts apart.
Star Tipped Screwdriver

This is also a commonly
used tool, mainly used on the Macintosh brand, though also common on Dell, Alienware, and
Sony Vaio. If you do not have access to one of these, you can purchase one from your local Auto Parts
Store (ask the clerk for assistance in locating one) and you will definitely need the multiple tip pack
to allow different sizes for different laptop models.
Mini Pliers –

I suggest that you buy mini needle nosed
pliers because they are easier to use on the micro sized components that make up the laptop. The
pliers I use are 3 inches long, I find that the normal sized pliers are way too big and do not reach into
certain areas that the mini can.
Toothbrush

This, believe it or not, is the second
most used tool in Laptop Repair. Yes. A toothbrush… You will use this on each and every laptop
you repair. Why you ask? The toothbrush is used to clean any and all parts and components in and on
the laptop. Cleaning the laptop parts as you repair is detrimental to the longevity of the laptops life. It
is used to clean the keyboard, the motherboard and any case part. More detailed usages will follow
throughout this book and should be applied as instructed.
Scissors –

The smaller the better when obtaining your scissors. I use haircutting scissors because
they are small and the cutting tips are thin and narrow.
Electrical Tape

This is used to wrap cables and
wires, and used to secure or flatten wire or cable tracks on or in the laptop. I try not to use this on
wire or cable wrapping if possible because I have found that over time the tape will slowly unravel
and can become ―stickyǁ on the outer-side.
Re: Learn How To Repair Laptops For Free And Make Money by gooddynews(m): 8:35am On Jun 30, 2016

(1) (Reply)

3000 Cartons Of Corned Beef For Sale In Lagos / Ex-skye Bank Chairman, Tunde Ayeni Is Two Times A Loser / Loan Payment Plan Feauture Added To Iqsolar App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.