Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME (592 Views)

ASUU Strike: Fed Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears / LAUTECH Operates 97 Different Bank Accounts – Osun Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME by ismayl: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Dear nairalanders. I like we discuss on this minister vs AASU saga on post UTME. What’s your own view. Please do not derail as this may go a long way in helping the govt. in his decision on this issue.

Now read this instructions well befor you comment:
tribal or religious biggots not allowed to comment.
Do not comment if your statement can not be substanciated.
Do not derail this topic

1 Like

Re: Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME by ismayl: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2016
I so much admire Oloyede. The former VC of unilorin. I had an experience of how things should be done , in his own tenure.
In 2005-2006 admission I witnessed, he did a wonderful job thus; he administered post-UTME, which was graded into 2 sections. The first section, is an instruction that “do not write your name. we were made to download answer booklet, which has been well intelligently coded to indentify each candidate and his/her answer booklet.
The 2nd section is to write a simple essay.
Of these, the total mark was 400. With 200 for each section. You only had to score 50 in each section to gain admission.
Now the magic is:
1, the students willingness in obedience to school regulations were being put to test. “ DO NOT WRITE YOUR NAME”. those who did failed out for they were pottential rebels against instructions.
2, No lecturer, no matter how highly placed, had pre-knowledge as to what question to anticipate.
3, If trully you own your JAMB result, these questions were so simple that even primary school pupil could score 100.
4, The amount charged was so small. N500(or so) each.(subsequently, nobody was asked to pay anything for post-UTME. It was free).
5, There was high transparency such that I personnally know some lecturers whose candidates lost out.
6, He even introduced a situation such that any student who eventually gained admission would never lost out, no matter what. They would enrole in professional handi work
7, Lecturers were all happy to work, for he paid their salaries precisely the day month ended, from school account and would pay it back when govt. eventually paid them.
8, The beauty of the school, you can all go and see for yourself
9, He made best student of each department, a scholar for the following session
10, He brougght the issue of cultism to almost zero.
11, He stopped the issue of lecturers sexual assult of students(most rampant then) and their persecutions under control. Those lecturers who lost out due to this, we all know. In MCB Dr En…,(let each department students fill the blank space) etc.
Re: Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME by Chima541(m): 1:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
I didn't get any point here nah
Re: Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME by DriZee(m): 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2016
i dn't feel like there is a "vs"..... Aasu just gave thier opinion on d issue which obviously accounts to nothing.....besides" what is 'a Aasu' beside fg"....basically nothing
Re: Discusssion On Fed.govt. Vs AASU Post UTME by samintegrity(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Well, let wait to see the outcome, thought I heard both parties are expected to meet this week to deliberate better on it.

(1) (Reply)

‘how I Overcame All Odds To Make First Class’ Read More At Http://www.dailytrust / Free Seminar On Postgraduate Opportunities In Norway / DAAD/MIPLC Scholarship 2017/2018 For Students From Developing Countries To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.