Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,600 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Why Men Don't Report Rape Case - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Men Don't Report Rape Case (1231 Views)

Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens / 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective / The Uniabuja Attempted Rape Case (the Accused, Side Of The Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Don't Report Rape Case by Olulinks(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Considering the high rate of female child rape these days, nobody will ever listen to any man saying he is being raped. Unfortunately for men, most female children that are being raped are not pointing accusing fingers to women but to men. We are talking about men that are old enough to be their fathers or their elder brothers.

It's so sad. But that's the current and the unfortunate situation that we are.. Kids now getting raped by able men! There has been so much focus on this issue, yet not so much to curb this illicit act.

I'm not trying to discourage the male victims from seeking redress at the appropriate quarters, because I know male rape victims, too, are many out there but their cases are just not pronounced like the females. Or maybe they can't just find their voices; nobody wants to lend them any support to fight for their right.

How many women's rape cases are being well attended to, that men rape case will be taken with such seriousness? It is so sad but it is true. And how well are we equipped to take care of this situation? All these may not make any sense to you if you or none of your relatives have ever been victimized.

Do men get raped really?

Of course! That's why we are discussing this. Many still wouldn't believe men also are being raped, I won't blame them though, how many of such cases have you heard lately? So those who are still arguing it are not to blame.

I can guess what's running in many people's minds right now is male child rape. Not totally about child rape but it's part of it. Male child rape is also common, it's a crime that's easy to commit for the criminals. Do male children being assaulted have such strength to wrestle and fight for their freedom from the claws of these animals? No! Their innocence makes them susceptible in the first place, maybe that's their offense.

What is rape?

Rape, according to Mariam Webster, means to force someone to have sex with you by using violence or the threat of violence.

The English dictionary defined rape as the act of forcing sexual intercourse upon another person without their consent or against their will; originally coitus forced by a man on a woman, but now any sex act forced by any person upon another person

Rape, a crime that happens everywhere. It doesn't matter the level of security, the people's exposure or the civilisation in the country. If a country like America, with their level of development can be recording such a high cases of rape, which country is free from this crime? The difference is that the aid and succor being offered by the developed country to the victims that the developing countries can't afford to do.

I'm sorry, we are going to have to go in the way of the title of this piece. We are talking male rape today. It's a rare topic and that's the more reason why somebody or some group of people have to take it up. Some people are dying in silence and we must wake our consciences.

Men are raped and it's affecting them socially and psychologically. It's more of psychological effect because men won't speak out. They won't just speak out. We cannot continue to fault our government and the system, when we ourselves have this wrong belief that all rape victims are women. Some of us even believe that only women victims should the society fight for.

How can men be raped?

Ok, picture this, if you are a man and a lady is always giving you eye. She always wants you to sleep with her for the reasons only known to her. Let's say you are married or in a relationship or even single. She tries all she can do and one day the opportunity presented itself and she had you. It could be either she gets you fooled, deceived or drunk. She just made sure you did it to her.

Does the scenario above really look like it's a rape issue to you? Now, you see why many people will never believe men if they report rape case against women. But then, let's turn the table. Let's assume it's a lady that's been pestered for sex by a man and later on by crook or hook she gets laid, against her wish, of course, will the case be considered a rape case if reported?

How many men really know that their case is actually a rape case? For instance, If you ask a man who has been intimidated, physically forced or harassed into giving out sex if he was raped, he would definitely say no, he wasn't.

Picture this, too, if your female boss keeps intimidating you to have sex with her and she finally has her way with you. What do you think that is? Ok, let's turn the table around again for clearer understanding. If you are a lady and your boss is a man and this scenario plays out that he forces and intimates you until you are forced to give in to his pressure to have sexual intercourse with him. What do you call that?

Needles to say that it's a rape case if a man is waylaid by a lady, whether they are in group or it was just one woman and had sex with the man. Someone will say how did the man get hard on if he wasn't interested in the sex? Men will understand better that manhood isn't a wood or rod. It is sensitive and even though it's performance at that instance didn't need to be satisfactory before we say the deed has really been done.

Why can't he fight and free himself if he wasn't interested? It's not all men that really wanna fight women. If some men do, at the slightest chance, someone may die and who goes to prison afterwards? It's the killer. Call it self defense or whatever, prison may still be your case, if you are not careful to choose your fight right.

A man can be raped in his own house! Yeah, you heard me right. Husbands can be coerced by wives into having with them at home. In fact, it happens a lot. How many times has the man said he was tired or was not just interested that the woman would take him for his words and she wouldn't start suspecting he is spending the better part of his day with someone else? End result of this disbelief from such wives, most of the time is that the man would be forced into having the sex.

Oh, that's isn't rape? Then turn the table around and make the wive the one being coerced and forced by the husband into having sex with. Is that a rape case, if reported?

Why don't men report rape case then?

1) Men, the way they are wired don't always see being deceived, coerced or physically forced into sex as a rape. Even if they do, you must know it today that men won't ever admit that such a thing happens to them.

2) Men and their ego. "What will I tell the people?" "How will I describe the incident?" Men can't imagine walking with their two legs into the police station or to any societal organization to chronicle the story.

3) "Won't people think I am weak?" "Won't they say I consented?

These are some of the likely reasons why men's rape may still continue to happen.

Let's speak against male rape.

Have you been raped before?

Re: Why Men Don't Report Rape Case by Olulinks(m): 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Why Men Don't Report Rape Case by SeverusSnape(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please I want to be raped by a beautiful lady. grin
Re: Why Men Don't Report Rape Case by youngest85(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Coz they enjoy it!

Even as i am, i'm looking 4 who will rape me!
Re: Why Men Don't Report Rape Case by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
nobody will believe u,bcoz there is no evidence,even,d case might turn to you,ur name might be blaspheme and u might end in jail.

(1) (Reply)

Drama As 22-year Old Married Woman Dates Rapist For More Sex / Wife Stabbed Husband Because He Had Another Child Outside (PIC)(GRAPHIC) / Couple caught having s*x in a car, shamed by residents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.